Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389205 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (Someone just had eldritch cowbabies)
« Reply #3810 on: March 18, 2016, 01:53:01 pm »

"Sooooooo... how we gonna get food in there? Because if we cant we should just torchem right now."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: March 18, 2016, 01:59:27 pm »

"They don't need food for like three days Frazz. By quarantine I mean we'll be sticking them in the isolation floor with someone on standby next to the floor incinerator for a month or two. Same operating protocol as for when genetics fucks up."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: March 18, 2016, 02:02:33 pm »

"Ah. So, problem solved?"
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: March 18, 2016, 02:03:31 pm »

"Pretty much. Provided we find the Source and can isolate it safely."

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: March 18, 2016, 02:09:26 pm »

"Hey Tal could we spray some kind of gel or foam on the bell to keep it from moving, I think I saw a simlar thing in a movie once....."
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: March 18, 2016, 02:18:00 pm »

"My thoughts are as follows:"

"Fill a soundproof box with a form of dry hardening foam. Ward the box. Stick bell in box. Suspend the box in an electromagnet rig to prevent it from moving or bumping into anything. Stick rig in airtight soundproofed room. Drain all air from room. Functionally isolating it in a vacuum to prevent soundwaves from transmitting."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: March 18, 2016, 03:21:31 pm »

"So.... Uh... Anyone wanna grab a burger?"
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: March 18, 2016, 03:40:55 pm »

"Lets finish dealing with the current crisis first Frazz."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: March 18, 2016, 03:50:12 pm »

"Well didnt you just say the problems solved?"
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: March 18, 2016, 03:56:24 pm »

"That's if everything goes right and nothing is alive, Murphy's law anything can happen."
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: March 18, 2016, 03:59:19 pm »

"The problem is probably solved. We still need to locate and contain the Source Artifact."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: March 18, 2016, 06:32:43 pm »

The visuals on the Gate floor is pretty bad. Burned, frozen and brittle equipments and vehicles littered the floor along with lumps of corpses that's been burned then flash frozen into an unrecognizable mess. Hopefully none of their relatives are hoping for an open casket funeral..

A squadron of drones closes in on the Briefing room that was the Ground Zero of it all, unlocking the door they moves in one by one. Inside was understandably dark, so the Cameras switched to Night Vision.

Quite a few people wished it didn't do that, when you thought the Gate Floor was bad, the Briefing room was even worse. Even though burned and frozen throughly, you can tell that the splattered marks on the walls and ceiling are probably the remains of the unfortunate Gate team.

But what's most alarming is a large.. humanoid creature thing inside the room, it's antlers almost reaching the ceiling.

Spoiler: The thing (click to show/hide)

For a moment, there was a tense stand-off between the Squadron of drones and the thing. Even without audio, you can tell it's probably wheezing, burnt and frozen but still alive.

.. Then it began strumbling forward at the Drones and raise it's clawed arm. It only came up halfway before the entire Squadron of Drones opened up on it with MAG Assault Rifles, Machine guns and their Anti-Ballistic defense system for good measures. Screens flashes like it was inside an intense rave party. The amount of BrrrRRrrrrRRrrrt must've been glorious as bullets rend and tear through it's armored hide with ease, antlers explodes into tiny fragments.. There was no blood, but it doesn't have to bleed to die from overwhelming firepower.

The Drones didn't stop until they need to eject their empty magazines and load in a fresh one. By that time, the Creature already turned into a mangled mess on the floor, ridden with holes and chunks are missing from it. Though miraculously, it appears to still be alive, if barely.

Oh and there's the bell, you can see it on the table. Seems intact.

Meanwhile as this is happening, someone have already ordered Tal's box to be prepared. They'll probably load it onto a Technical drone and have it go do the job while all the relevant human stays safe all holed up within Foxhound's warded penthouse.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: March 18, 2016, 06:50:39 pm »

"Leeets just completely slag E004B. Just in case. Do any of the drones have flamethrowers?"

Tal pings the CEO.

Situation mostly resolved. Currently containing E004A and terminating E004B via drones. E004A appears to be a Class Four Memetic Kill Weapon. Transmission via sound. Recommending keeping it in an airless, warded room to prevent transmission of sound and paranoia effect. Gate 001 is likely damaged and will require repairs. Recommending priority for Gate Repair to ensure resupply of Castle 001 Warding Team. If they are smart they can survive on the monkeys for the repair time.

Recommending more stringent containment policies for recovered artifacts. This situation could have been avoided entirely had the recovering Gate Team bothered to read the memo on This Specific Artifact That We Knew Existed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: March 18, 2016, 08:07:20 pm »

Of course some of the drones have flamethrowers. They proceed to cleanse 004B with fire. The creature writhe and squirms and must be letting out some real horrid screams but it still refuses to die so far. None-flamethrower drones that have already reloaded their weapons help speed the process by shooting at the thing on the floor as well repeatedly.

No mercy.

Are you still allowing the drones on other floors to sweep and shoot anything that moves?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: March 18, 2016, 08:10:31 pm »

Drones sweeping are to not shoot things that look human unless said things appear hostile.

"Hum.. I have a feeling we're going to need to stick 004B in an active incinerator for the foreseeable future. Have a melee capable drone cut it up into separate bits."
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 612