Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391047 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (3/6) #we need fighters!
« Reply #375 on: September 16, 2015, 05:39:57 pm »

"Maybe you could direct us to them, and we try shooting them?" Aria says to Tal.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 16, 2015, 05:41:56 pm »

".. You two do realize this sensor feeds directly into your heads up displays right? Do you not have those turned on or something?"

((It's true. This was covered before the first mission.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 16, 2015, 05:43:16 pm »

"Gah, I knew I was forgetting something," Aria pauses, thinking for a second, and then turns on the HUD. "Point stands, shoot them, or just avoid them for now?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 16, 2015, 05:48:43 pm »

"I'm thinking one gauss round at a stationary one from this distance. Better safe then sorry. Worst case, we get rushed by a swarm, have to pile into the apc and and abscond while taking potshots. Trying to ignore them could very possibly result in us getting swarmed without a vehicle close by to use."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 16, 2015, 05:51:11 pm »

"Right then." Aria says, drawing the Gauss Rifle, flips off the safety, waits for [heydude's character] to come back, and fires a shot at one of the stationary cold spots.
Sigtext!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 16, 2015, 06:14:48 pm »

"Ah. As much as I wanna get some blood on my hands, I rather not risk dieing to do it. I say we pot shot them with the gauss. Not like they will have anything bigger than a elephant. "
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 16, 2015, 06:24:34 pm »

"Why waste a Gauss round? As far as we know, they might be as squishy as us." Arthur switches on his HUD and sees the forms. Not interested in wasting ammo, Arthur switches his rifle to single fire mode and aims at the nearest form he can see.

"Carmine, depending on how this goes, we might need to evac early. Have someone man the machine-gun just in case."

Fire!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 16, 2015, 06:34:53 pm »

"The reason is due to Gauss being relatively quiet due to the nature of its construction and firing mechanism and it being the only weapon we have in our arsenal that functions at the range required accurately. Not to mention I it happens to miss or go through the target, it Will likely make a new doorway."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 16, 2015, 09:02:13 pm »

"Alright, I'll keep the engine warm." A. Carmine replied while the gun on your vehicle swivel over to look at the forms. Just in case extra firepower is needed.

When Aria pulls the trigger, there was a loud 'Crack!' as the large gauss slug breaks the sound barrier upon exiting the barrel and travels down range.
Following by Arthur's audibly louder 'Crack!' of a rifle firing it's deadly round.

The stationary targets at less than a hundred yards were not even approaching difficult to being hit with weapons that has it's effective range in the 1,000's yards. The invisible cold form absolutely shattered in a small explosion of coldness before dissipating into nothingness as the slug smashes into it. The Gauss slug continues onwards and, coincidentally, slams into the door. Which explodes inwards off it's hinges as if someone have placed some breaching charges there. It probably kept going and destroyed one thing or another inside, let's hope it's nothing important.

Arthur's much smaller bullet proves effective, it punched through the body of one of those cold spots that visibly jerked from the force, then in a much gentler fashion, begin to dissipate as well. The brass will be delighted to know of this!

The bullet also kept going until it hits the keep's stone wall, shattered stone and burying itself deep inside.

The other cold forms does not seems to notice that one of them have been destroyed so utterly. And continues to randomly jumps from places to places near the keep.

"Good kill." Jenny complimented quietly over the comms while Maximus just give an impressed, audible whistle.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:14:45 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 16, 2015, 09:05:02 pm »

((Wasn't it Aria with the Gauss Rifle?))
"...Apparently whatever those are, they're solid."
Sigtext!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 16, 2015, 09:10:18 pm »

[Ah, yes, yes it was. My mistake, sorry. :P]

*Edit
Post have been corrected.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:15:06 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 16, 2015, 09:15:46 pm »

"First blood. Those are now confirmed targets and highly likely hostiles. Killable with normal firearms. Likely small arms will be damaging but less then effective. Probable brittle. Possibly crystalline. Unknown offensive capabilities however. Likely either cold burns, stabbing, or piercing. Possibly a combination. Unlikely to be healthily engaged at close range. My guess is they sense heat but cannot see based on their lack of reaction to the death of their fellow. Also conveniently the shot opened the door to scan through."

"Those of you with guns capable of hitting accurately at this range, fire away. Do your best not to miss and call your targets. No more Gauss rounds for now and keep your firing lines clear. We get payed for not getting injured and I don't want to explain how someone got shot in the foot."

Tal begins scanning at the now opened door while the others shoot.

He also checks to see if the fog is still thickening.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:25:57 pm by Kevak »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2015, 09:19:25 pm »

Aria switches to her Storm Trooper LMR, and fires at her share of the targets with as few shots per target as possible.
Sigtext!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 16, 2015, 09:58:35 pm »

Vigil frowns in disappointment at how easily the enemy is going down, and sheaths back his sword, before deciding to look around at more than just the distant castle itself, making sure they weren't being ambushed by crap while the rest were busy firing away with their noisy toys.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2015, 10:20:18 pm »

Keep it in single fire mode. Try shooting 3 targets. Wait for Tal's scan results.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 612