Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391962 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (Well, Frazz is a dragon, now. We gonna die)
« Reply #3345 on: February 28, 2016, 07:38:30 pm »

Looking for the Horror Knights are pretty easy, they're just about the largest armored guys on the ground anyway.

Aria steadied herself, ignores the pain in her shoulders and, with some computer assistance, fired her Gauss at a charging Horror Knight.

Within seconds, her stake traveled the distance and punched into him right through the shield, the force behind it warped metal and twisted his arm right off before it continues on into his chest, throwing the large monster off of his feet into a spin so violent that his lower half was flung away at a different direction while his upper body was more or less destroyed beyond recognition.

It was a beautiful shot.

Drones and Field guns loaded with their dangerous load fired their respective weapon at the large flying monster, missiles streaked off of the ground and rushing towards the thing just as the shells exploded over it. Showering the thing in burning white phosphorus, it's metal shell serve as a frying pan and began to cook the oversized worm in it's own armor. It's roar and cry of pain were deafening.

Then the deafening explosions erupted all around it as Anti-Tank Guided Missiles from the drones slams into it. The special shaped charge pushed molten copper with it's explosive force deep through the armor, punching through even the thickest part of it's armor and flesh, causing severe bleeding and burning from numerous new holes that appeared after the explosion. But they were still small compared to the behemoth. It was painful, yes. But it's not killing it fast enough..

The fliers are close now, they're making a spiraling dive towards the seal where the Marines and Zander are at, making their aims difficult. But Zander did manage to shoot down one along with the Marines. The drones with AA did not have such a problem, though. They're fast enough to track missiles traveling faster than the speed of sound, they're more than capable to track the spiraling fliers and brrrrrrrrt them into pieces.

Seeing this, Max Fightmaster yelled to his SPESS MEHREENS. "SPESS MEHREENS! FIX BAYONETS!"
With a loud 'Oorah!', the Marines quickly emptied their magazine at the fliers before pulling out their knives and fixing them to their MAG Assault rifles. "DEUS VULT, BROTHERS!"

Maximus have came over to join the Marines and Zander with his automatic shotgun. Firing off buckshots in the flier's general direction like skeet shooting.

Skeet shooting with military grade assault shotgun.

The secondary combatants, those interns, began to fall back from the wall. Taking the HMG Emplacements with them as it seems that Melee is approaching soon. This gets the Artillery and Drone operators very nervous as they only have SMGs with them.

Krieger and his Battle Brothers charges over towards the seal to help support the Marines, firing into the sky with their rifles.

Melee with the Fliers next round, and Cavalry will jump the wall in three. If Artillery isn't ranover yet, they can still fire for the next round before the approaching army is too close to safely shoot at with their big guns. They can still fire at the big flying Behemoth, though..

Zach realized something terrible. His 20mm was meant for ground support, so it have a great ability to shoot at any position under the nose of the gunship, but it can only raise it's gun up as high as straight forward, which is definitely not enough to shoot at the fliers. Hell, it probably won't be able to shoot past the wall!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: February 28, 2016, 08:00:51 pm »

"Aria, you winced with that one. Time for you to switch to something less powerful, or pull back and let me take care of the rest while you rest for a few moment."
Vigil pulled out his smaller sword. He would need the speed for this one. He let them come closer, counting his targets and finding the one with the cleanest path towards her. If it dared to take it, he would behead the bastard, all others just faced losing a limb or two.

((Nothing on Vigils check for a weakness, or firing at the flying things?))
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:16:46 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: February 28, 2016, 08:11:16 pm »

"Too many for me to take a break. Where are the other Gauss rifles anyway? Why isn't anyone using them?"

Again. Keep shooting until ordered otherwise.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:25:17 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: February 28, 2016, 08:24:27 pm »

"Drink some of the Tea if your Shoulder's getting to you Aria, just be careful you can injure yourself and not even know it".

Keep firing at the fliers keep them away from the seals, try and fire as they try and get close. That way i'm more likely to hit, whites of their eyes and all.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: February 28, 2016, 08:40:02 pm »

"I won't stop you from shooting, but your no good to us with a broken arm, and its harder to protect someone who can't defend themselves."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: February 28, 2016, 08:51:48 pm »

"Well aint that just beautiful."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: February 28, 2016, 09:00:38 pm »

Run to one of the HMG emplacements the interns left and open fire on the horde. Preferably the fliers, but I don't think I can raise the barrel high enough.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3352 on: February 29, 2016, 02:52:37 am »

Zach swears, "Tal, I'm going to pull lift-off in Ravager and protect the artillery. I can't get any angle on anything. I hate to say 'I told you so' but I told you so." He takes off at a sprint towards Ravager, changing his Glock from rubbers to lethals as he ran, as usual. As he runs he tries to locate the crew of the Ravager, who should logically be waiting in or around the Ravager incase shit gets real and they need to pull out. Fill blank spots in ship (Weapon crew) with passersby.

((At this point I am assuming that there is a .50 ball turret on either side of the gunship as well as the nose-mounted 20mm autocannon and a reloadable missile pod on the underbody. The gunships were never really fleshed out, so I assume things))

When safely in the Ravager, "Orders, Tal? I intend to hover behind the artillery."

((InB4 Zach is knocked out of the sky by worm))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: February 29, 2016, 04:53:43 am »

Tal moves four LMG/Brrrrt drones over to the artillery crews.

"No launching until the fliers and D003 are down Zach. One lucky flier can take that thing out of the sky. Once they are you're free to launch. Artillery. Aim for D003. Techies keep launching missiles at it. Nonmissile drones should be focusing on the fliers. Aria if you don't think your shoulder can handle it you should probably switch to your LMG and aim for the fliers. We'll be getting you arm bracings later."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3354 on: February 29, 2016, 05:16:56 am »

"Understood, we'll spool up the rotors in add anything gets close anyway."
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: February 29, 2016, 02:46:51 pm »

Under hail of gunfire, what little remainder of the fliers dived into the camp, but mostly at the seal.

It seems that they don't know the significience of the field guns, as only a few dived for it, and Tal's four drones that positioned themselves there brrrrrrrrt'd them apart with ease, allowing the crew to load in a shell with D003 specifically in mind.

With some in-battle adjustment, the field guns roared their mighty roat again, thu'ums that could burst eardrums signal the release of APHE shells that was meant to shoot at tanks and armored warships of ages past whizzed through the air and into the large flying monster. The initial contact crunches a bit of it's armor as 80mm shell hits it at several hundred miles per hour. Sending the explosive warhead deep into it's armor before the fuse kicked in, causing an explosion within it's armor that blast the pieces apart as well as a great chunk of it's flesh, causing debries and bloody charred chunks of meat to fall upon the sprinting army, crushing a few in the process as the flying worm thing roared in absolute pain, slowing down and staggering visibly after the brutal barrage of modern firepower. It's already losing altitude!

The gunships spool their rotors, warming the engine and readying for emergency take off as the fight comes to you. While Zander, Maximus, the SPESS MEHREENS and Battle Brothers prepare for the diving fliers, Jon runs over to the abandoned HMG post and began spraying high-caliber bullets at ludicrous rate, cutting down the few forward Cavalry. Though the Horror Knight ontop of the Rhino leading the charge is tanking his HMG rounds like a boss with that oversized kite shield of his.

Then something whizzed past Jon several feet away, though it felt as if it was only inches away from his head from the sheer force of it.

Aria's Gauss fire was masked by the field guns, and her stake flew true and straight despite the throbbing pain in her shoulder. Even with the brace she already have, shooting the gun so fast was simply too much for it to handle. But it was all worth it as she watch the result through the scope, her stake hits the Rhino thing's face first, the force behind it penetrating the armored helmet like nobody's business and exploding the beast's skull like over-ripe melon before it kept going, hitting the Horror Knight's kite shield and ripping it-And his lower arm to the elbow, clean off, sending it spinning somewhere before the stake continues on and hit him in the lower abodomin. His thick armor worked against him as the force warped metel and flesh until it exploded out behind him, showering a few of his cavalry men with shrapnel that was their leader.

The death of the leading Cavalry lead offers some comfort for Aria's throbbing shoulder.

When you peeled yourself back out of the scope, you see one of those fliers just paces away from you, ready to claw your face off.

But then Vigil jumped infront of the path and sprayed the thing with his SMG at point-blank. The SMG had little effect, but it staggers the beast long enough for him to dive his sword into it's neck and wrench it's head straight off! the rest of it's body went limp afterwards.

"Nice save." Jenny commented, having been close to Aria for sniping duty with her.

Meanwhile, at the seal. The fighting got intense.
The fliers have arrived, right into the waiting bayonets of the SPESS MEHREENS who cried their warcry and proceed into melee, not bothering with reloading their rifles while the Battle Brothers help support them, shooting at the fliers still flying.

Maximus is having a field day with his shotgun, blasting apart the fliers with great enthusiasm.
Zander was doing fine, his Rifle having no problem tearing into the soft targets.

Then one of the fliers pounced you. This knocks your gun out of your hands as it's surprisingly strong clawed hands at the end of their wings pins your arms to the side. It roars at your face, lifts it's piercy-looking lower body and dive it's piercer straight down at your chest!...
The Piercer snapped with an audible 'CRACK!' as it failed to penetrate the D001 plate in your vest. This is enough to make it let you go from the pain. Your hands are free now, and you can reach your knife or your .45 AP/HE Pistol. Or your automatic pistol.

Zach and Tal seems to still be safe in their respective places, with Interns fleeing deeper into the camp, screaming like a bunch of civvies.

Techies and Doctors are holding their ground for now near where Tal and Zach is, firing from vehicles and cover using it's mounted weapon or their own rifles. Tal and Zach briefly sees the Carmines getting pounced by one of the fliers, but you weren't sure if it's got them or did they fight it off during the fight.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 02:49:57 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: February 29, 2016, 03:03:01 pm »

Frazz roars and looks intimidating, since thats all he really can do right now. He also looks around for someone in a bad enough situation hed be justified helping them. Preferably not anyone who is likely to get mad at him.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:04:46 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: February 29, 2016, 03:07:02 pm »

Tal allocates drones from not problematic locations to high problem sites. Namely the spots where people are getting pounced by fliers.

"Take down those bloody fliers. Focus on keeping people alive. Seal is secondary to loss of personal. Noncombat personal please get inside a vehicle or defensive structure unless you have weapons training. Also someone go help that Carmine."

((P sure we had the fireteams and Carmines fitted with 001A plates didn't we?))
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:10:36 pm by Kevak »

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: February 29, 2016, 03:12:19 pm »

"Die you fucking flying demonic piece of shit!!"

Pull out my 45 with the HE rounds loaded, shoot the one that just grabbed me screaming back at the bastard. Keep shooting targets as I move toward my mag rifle to pick it.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3359 on: February 29, 2016, 03:13:02 pm »

"Tal, if they get close, I want you on this gunship."
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 612