Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391959 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (Well, Frazz is a dragon, now. We gonna die)
« Reply #3330 on: February 28, 2016, 11:13:32 am »

"Guys I'm joking. I'm just annoyed that I finally get to see another plane of existence but I don't get a chance to beat up monsters. Ah well. Next time we come here, I'm going to wrestle a Denizen."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: February 28, 2016, 11:22:17 am »

"No. You will not be wrestling a Denizen. Most especially not a denizen several times your size. You are literally a baby."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: February 28, 2016, 11:25:11 am »

"Darn. Anyway, any ideas for enhancements and weapons that would be good for me? I was thinking a grenade launcher mounted on my wrist. Fly somewhere, lay sticky bomb carpet, get to safe area, breach."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: February 28, 2016, 11:26:37 am »

"Can this wait, Frazz? We're busy trying to not-die!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: February 28, 2016, 11:30:40 am »

"We can talk about this later. It's a bit hard to shout over the artillery and gunfire."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: February 28, 2016, 11:56:42 am »

"Fone. But if one of the grunts gets within spitting range consider it as PRACTOCE for my Fore-Loogie skills."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: February 28, 2016, 12:15:30 pm »

"We. Will. Talk. About. This. Later." The artillery barrages in the background really punctuate that This Is Not The Time For This.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: February 28, 2016, 12:15:55 pm »

"If you do, I will kill you."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: February 28, 2016, 12:16:40 pm »

The scattered fliers began a mad charge for the encampment as the rest of the army that haven't been smashed to the ground continue their fearless, desperate charge. Denizen 003 makes an encouraging roar to the army as it moves a little further ahead to try and absorb whatever artillery shots from immediately above.

"FEUER!"
Your field guns fired two more barrages at different angle once the advancing army approaches the 2nd line, marking the start of effective range for the mounted machine guns and rifles as well as MAG Rifles.

Everyone's got their masks on while the Doctors and Techies gets their Military-grade suits on.

"If we don't make out of this alive, Aria. I was the one who took your socks and put it in Vigil's bed."
Jenny said as she began firing her .50cal rifle, sending heavy anti-material rounds down the range. It pings harmlessly off of 003's armor.

Then Aria tried her own, using some computer-assisted guidance, you squeezed the trigger and sent a stake flying out at Mach 4. You fired a couple more times just for good measures while watching through the scope to see the effect. Your arm aches as fuck, but you're pretty sure a lesser human being would probably have had dislocated their shoulder from firing a Gauss Rifle three times in succession.

... The first stake plunged itself into the beast's faceplate, penetrating the surface and staying stuck there with a little more than half of it sticking out still..

The two other stakes were equally unfortunate.

You realize that while your Rifle was meant to shoot at tanks to great effect, you're shooting what is essentially the equalvant of an Aircraft Carrier. A Flying Aircraft Carrier.

... That mech with a Gauss Cannon sounds real good right about now..

"Impact in Five!... Four!.."

-------

Here it comes again, the terrible roar before the world erupting. Everyone was tense, but no one is willing to back down. They've just have to run through this and hope for the best, after all.

When the world erupted all around them, their comrades in arms being obliterated and crippled beyond recognition, they were briefly confused as to why they too are not being smashed into the ground. But the massive shadows over them were all the answers they need. The great flying beast had taken the brute of those explosive forces, it's high explosions laid scattered along it's great armor. Tiny anti-personnel shrapnels were harmless against a monster of that side.

For a moment, the army was encouraged. They see the Fliers already almost reaching the defense already as they themselves sprint as fastest as their legs can carry them.

Then hell hath been unleashed. Great, spitting column of magic fire came from all around the camp, Fliers sliced down and shredded apart by invisible force. Great bolt of light smashes into the frontmost line of infantry, shredding armor and shield like it was not even there.

Many cried out, many were silenced before even then.

As their comrades were cut down all around them by both the invisible force and the deceptively pretty colourful flowers that flies at them and pierced them greater than any bolt of crossbow, they could only wonder just what kind of daemons are they fighting against. Just who the hell had their Overlord pissed to earn them such spite?

They charge regardless, even as hopeless as it seems.
Then one of the bolt of magic hit them square in the chest, their last thoughts were of purple african zebras.
They died before the ground hit them.

------

From all around you, there are shouts and yells as everyone fired their guns at the advancing army. The footmen were easy to cut down enough. Tougher than your everyday rushers, but you've plenty of firepower to spare. The horror knights remain a steward defender of the castle and tanked a great many HMG rounds that seems to only make dents in their armor and had to be shot by something bigger. Even still, those with shield generally survives longer as they continue their charge with their dwindling army.

"Load white phosphorus!" the Operators yelled, and white-marked shells were brought to the gun.
Ahh.. White Phrosphorus, God's tissue paper when cleanse by fire is simply not enough and Nuke from Orbit is not possible.

The fliers are coming close now, there's less than half left but they'll reach the seal in about two turns. And if the Army isn't obliterated, they'll be here in about maybe four?

Denizen 003 is still a concern.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: February 28, 2016, 12:25:02 pm »

"I want D003 Slagged. Everyone without reasonable capacity to harm it focus on the fliers. Techies. Remember those drones we fitted with rockets? Those are for D003. Use them. Aria, take down the Horror Knights. Gauss isn't doing much against D003. Marines move towards the perimeter near the Seal and shoot fliers that come close."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: February 28, 2016, 12:26:14 pm »

Alright then; Identify Horror Knights, shoot them with Gauss.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: February 28, 2016, 12:43:51 pm »

Vigil will pull out his binoculars, and looked for a soft spot in D003's face. One part not armoured. Maybe an eye, or even a steady pattern of an opening its mouth. If a soft spot is found, Vigil will recommend fireing four rounds, as accurately as possible, right into it. He will even help steady her and eat some of the recoil, by holding the rifle steady with her.
If not, time to pull out the SMG, to fire for one turn, then pull out 'Betsy'.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3342 on: February 28, 2016, 01:32:13 pm »

"Well, if you really want to be like that, fine by me." Zach says, firing at the fliers with the twenty.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: February 28, 2016, 02:25:38 pm »

Is beginning to fire with his Mag Rifle at the fliers, ask one of the gun crews for one of big guns to try and target the Denizen 003 directly, it should be close enough now to do that and it might just do the trick.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: February 28, 2016, 02:32:59 pm »

Frazz scans for Horror Knights with his acute Dragon-vision
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 612