Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391074 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (4/6)
« Reply #300 on: September 08, 2015, 08:33:55 pm »

"Nope, not as far as I'm concerned"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 08, 2015, 09:50:36 pm »

"Has the Keep reacted to the UAV?"
"Has the UAV detected anything abnormal?"
"Have you attempted to send unmanned dronesquads into castles previously? If so, how did it react?"
"Plausibility of just launching artillery shells at it till we breach the Artifact Chamber?"
"Any hostiles spotted during the UAV observation?"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:22:23 am by Kevak »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 09, 2015, 08:19:29 am »

Squad update:
Spoiler: Dr. Nalvi: (click to show/hide)

Updated skills and inventory.
Spoiler: Arthur (click to show/hide)

And this is my updated character.
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vigil (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:05:50 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (3/6) #we need fighters!
« Reply #303 on: September 09, 2015, 07:05:58 pm »

"No, so far the Keep have given no reaction to the UAV,

Everything on the other side of the gate is Abnormal, but if you're talking about tentacles bursting out of the grounds and the like, no. Although it is particularly foggy over there.

Unmanned dronesquads will either be too slow if it's big, or not heavy enough if it's small. Sending a whole squad of them will make the lighter one useless as the squad will only be as fast as the slowest member, and not to mention that drones are very unlikely to make it back to Evac point, so it's more or less wasting money. AND they are incredibly expensive compared to human operatives as well as lacking the ability to learn and get better from surviving operations.

Launching artillery shells will require artillery, which is big, expensive, difficult to get into position and will have no chance of running away if they something after them. Plus we do not know how volatile an Artifact is, if it manage to blow up because it's disturbed by artillery fire, we've no idea how big the explosion going to be. If it will wipe everything out nearby, if it will radiate the whole area, or if it will just opens a gate to hell itself. So while shelling a castle with Artillery is definitely possible, it's still too risky and expensive to do.

The UAV didn't see anything moving outside the keep itself, ambushes are unlikely but always a possibility."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2015, 01:30:07 am »

Castle 2: Operation little house.

It's been a month since that briefing, everyone have more or less recovered, gears are picked and packed up into the armed APC that your squad has been assigned to. The vehicle lurched forward after been given the green light and rocked you all slightly in your seats, transiting from one side of the gate to the other did not 'feel' like anything. In fact, if your vehicles didn't have those small armored windows, you wouldn't have had realized that you crossed at all!

Fortunately for everyone, your squad did not have to drive all the way there. Once through the gate, A. Carmine, your driver, steers the vehicle into the designated spot where there was a metal base, where the work crew there spends several minutes strapping various cables to your APC.

After everything's strapped in, you hear the sounds of heavy engine starting up and large blades cutting through air even from the inside of your vehicle, and soon a lifting sensation as your APC lurched UP.

"We'll arrive at your AO in ten minutes. You'll have to make your way back yourself from there on out." came an instruction from the radio.

You've got about two - three turns to chatter it out. Don't expect the Carmine brothers to know any more than you do, though.
You've also got enough fuel to last for half a day's worth of continuous driving, and it shouldn't take you more than a couple hours to come back to the gate at most. There's also MREs and energy bars and juice boxes too in case anyone is hungry.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2015, 01:47:03 am »

"Upon arrival, we should circle the castle several times and scan it. Maybe test the range that the Keep will react at."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2015, 02:11:36 am »

"Alright, I'll see about circling the keep. You might have to pop the scanner out of the car though, I'm not sure how well that signal of yours will do going through the plate armors." A. Carmine replied, nodding. Those who are especially perceptive would notice the man's hands gripping the controllers tightly and is shaking ever so slightly.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2015, 02:26:05 am »

Tal places his hand on said Carmine's shoulder. "Relax. The reason everything exploded last time was due to no caution, just keep a distance from the structure and slowly circle in. I'll open the upper hatch and scan as we circle. They shouldn't have anything that can easily keep up and tank the mounted gun's rounds at the same time. And just in case they do, we have a Gauss Rifle."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 02:33:42 am by Kevak »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2015, 02:45:18 am »

"Yeah, you're right.." The Driver Carmine nodded.

"And if that's not enough Dakka for you, we've still got the Bushmaster!" Added in the Gunner Carmine, gesturing at his station where he controls the 25mm machine gun that your vehicle is equipped with.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2015, 03:13:06 am »

"Yes we do."

"On another note: Last mission we lost radio contact with the other groups when they left our line of sight. Next mission I intend to acquire relays for us to set up to ensure contact with the APC. However expect to lose radio contact. The tablet ping oddly worked last mission, so ping us if you need us to pull out fast. We'll ping you if we need a quick evac at the entryway."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2015, 09:49:30 am »

Aria, not being much of a talker, is checking her weapons and armor. Don't want the armor to fall off, or for one of the weapons to jam or misfire.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2015, 10:01:18 am »

Arthur loaded his gun with normal rounds.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2015, 10:15:34 am »

Vigil steadily and happily munched on an MRE and a energy bar. Almost as if he didn't have a care in the world.
"You shouldn't worry. They gave me 'Betsy' back. We wI'll be fin-*hack*" He coughed for a few seconds as food went down the wrong pipe, forcing him to bang his hand on his chest, to get it to go down right.
"Well. I will be fine, at least. Long as none of you shoot me in the back."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2015, 10:18:00 am »

Aria looks at Virgil. "I'll try, but not my fault if you decide to stand in front of me when I put down suppressing fire."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2015, 12:42:02 pm »

"They don't pay us enough for this shit, man." B. Carmine complained from his gunner's station as he does a few swivel tests with the turret.

"I just really hope everyone gets out of this alive. I hear that we wouldn't want to know the survival rate of new squads.. I really don't get why they're spending so much money on operations like this." A. Carmine said as he triple check that his carbine is where it is at the driver's compartment.

"Five minutes til we're at the AO." Came the radio again.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 612