Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391789 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #2820 on: February 19, 2016, 07:01:19 pm »

"Actually we're trying to define "bad dreams" in the coding language of reality so we can ward them off. Failing that, apparently enchanted aluminum provides resistance to psychic attacks."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2821 on: February 19, 2016, 07:04:01 pm »

"Well... If it's anything like any of the coding languages I know then we'd find either the function causing it or the proc that calls the function, then change that."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: February 19, 2016, 07:47:32 pm »

"All these talks about Eldritch stuff freaks me the hell out, man." A. Carmine muttered.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: February 19, 2016, 08:15:41 pm »

Tal
Though you are anything but fluent in the language yet, and can only understand the very surface of it, there is still hope.

With what little skills you have, you could recognize the words in the knive's etchings and sigils, and creating those Dream Catchers required etchings and sigil circles as well. If you take some good, close study about that, maybe you can identify what they think as 'Nightmare' and instead of catching them, block them entirely!

if you can find out how to spell the blocking word..

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: February 19, 2016, 08:35:59 pm »

Vigil will start to stir, early, fingers digging into the sand bags as he wakes in surprise. His eyes at first seem widened only in a mix of terror, rage, and confusion, but then slowly gets replaced with still more pure exhaustion as he gets up, barely stretching, and then, while going back in the direction of where he was working earlier, fell on the floor.
His legs felt as if they were held together with air and gelatin.

"Ouch. . . That. . . Why Cant I feel my legs?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: February 19, 2016, 09:13:14 pm »

Well since psionic attack warding enchantments have been found, lets figure out what word is the blocking word, it's somewhere in that enchantment.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2826 on: February 19, 2016, 09:26:49 pm »

"If it's code then that'd be stored inside a variable," Zach says
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: February 19, 2016, 11:00:17 pm »

Vigil will start to stir, early, fingers digging into the sand bags as he wakes in surprise. His eyes at first seem widened only in a mix of terror, rage, and confusion, but then slowly gets replaced with still more pure exhaustion as he gets up, barely stretching, and then, while going back in the direction of where he was working earlier, fell on the floor.
His legs felt as if they were held together with air and gelatin.

"Ouch. . . That. . . Why Cant I feel my legs?"
"You fell asleep, and began thrashing n stuff, so i had to put you into a chemically induced coma. Science beats magic every time."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: February 19, 2016, 11:31:28 pm »

It was frustrating, working with your tired, groggy mind. Quite a few interns had already fallen asleep and woke up screaming.

The screaming really does not help you concentrate at all.. But after painful hours and many, many more screams, you've worked out what you think works as a very basic ward against psionics, or dreams. Whichever it is it'll be better than nothing at this point, honestly.

People are tired, they aren't happy, and while you've the complicated stuff already, you still have to figure out how exactly to power your ward. Simply intense feelings for a ward big enough to cover the staging area probably will not be enough. But crafting aluminium foil hats for everyone would be about as easy as making an enchanted ritual knife, you'd just have to etch the words onto the hat and then hopefully powering it up the same way like you did with the knives would work.

It's a lot of guess work, but if something's not being done, the siege would fail and people would lose their sanity by day 3.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: February 20, 2016, 12:08:06 am »

Well. We brought a good three dozen monkeys with us. Minus one from the demonstration. Blood sacrifice time? Blood sacrifice time.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: February 20, 2016, 12:21:34 am »

I'll make one of the tinfoil hats and try it.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2831 on: February 20, 2016, 12:23:41 am »

Zachary facepalms in a moment of realisation. "Has anyone done an electromagnetic scan? Radiation scan? Geiger count? we all jumped straight to magic." He runs the aforementioned scans on equipment

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: February 20, 2016, 12:50:53 am »

Zachary facepalms in a moment of realisation. "Has anyone done an electromagnetic scan? Radiation scan? Geiger count? we all jumped straight to magic." He runs the aforementioned scans on equipment

The scans were initially done already when the landing happened, but what it didn't pick up was very weak readings of EM and negligible radiation. It might just be the ambient air, or it could very well be the very first discovery of a wide AOE spell in effect. Nothing on your scans are in large enough amount to cause such nightmare and tiredness, but just enough to be suspicious.

Another woman woke up screaming..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: February 20, 2016, 12:57:26 am »

Again. Blood sacrifice to fuel the enchantments. We brought those monkeys for a reason.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2834 on: February 20, 2016, 03:53:27 am »

"What about atmospheric scans? Are we still breathing 21% Oxygen, 78% nitrogen and 0.8% argon plus trace gases? Maybe its the atmosphere fucking with us," Zach says as he looks through the 'code' of reality, specifically on the closest programming language it resembles, "Even if we're dog-tired we still need to approach this logically. I want a full readout of all scans from atmospheric to electromagnetic and everything possible. Anything even a fraction of a percentage different from Earth-stats I want listed down. I also want a blood sample from everyone compared to blood samples of the same blood type and host disabilities from people who have never been gateside."

"Magic-people, keep looking into how to defend ourselves from this. We need sleep if we want to siege. At risk of whatever this thing is being contagious, I am ordering nobody go back to the other side of the gate for a containment period of a month after symptoms clear followed by a two-week quarantine when we do go back."

"Now, even if it hurts to do so, people need sleep. Maybe you can build up a mental resistance or immunity to this." he says hopefully, not really believing himself.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 612