Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391779 times)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #2790 on: February 18, 2016, 07:10:34 pm »

I look through the book to see if there is any warding that can be done to keep our dreams from being fucked with.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: February 18, 2016, 07:13:13 pm »

Frazz runs to where Vigil is laying asleep, and then stands their watching, a syringe of anaesthetic in  hand in case of thrashing, foaming at the mouth, etc.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: February 18, 2016, 08:28:29 pm »

Unfortunately, Zander didn't find anything mentioning about dreams at all.

It was actually a good thing that Frazz was stalking Vigil, because moments after he had passed out from exhaustion, the nightmare begin again..

It continues to not be enjoyable. And with his body already tired to exhaustion, it's going to be even worse. He'd barely be able to struggle anymore as the nightmare assaulted him mercilessly.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: February 18, 2016, 08:52:19 pm »

Tal we need to do something about this or we're going to be too exhausted to fight.

Have the recon drones spotted anything new, maybe its some creature.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: February 18, 2016, 08:56:02 pm »

"Start looking through the books for wards."

Tal begins flipping through his copy of the book. Mainly looking for wards against psychic attacks, nightmares, and general mental fuckery. Ideally things that can be cast as a blanket spell across the whole camp.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: February 18, 2016, 09:08:16 pm »

An Artifact of interest showed up. a 'Dream Catcher'. Which looks literally like what you'd expect Dream Catchers to be, the ones that you find being sold as souvenirs in them Native American shops. It promises to catch bad dreams.. It might work, maybe?

Otherwise you may have found some enchantments and materials that the book claims to help lessen psychic effects on the wearer.

It's Aluminium foil.   

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: February 18, 2016, 09:29:50 pm »

..................Really?? Just I honestly don't know what to say anymore......Lets try the dream catcher.

Try making a dream catcher, or if there is someone who has that skill have them make it.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: February 18, 2016, 09:38:09 pm »

Vigil will fight the creeping tendrils trying to consume his entirety. He wouldn't run. No. He was to tired to do that. Gods it hurt so much.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: February 18, 2016, 10:49:50 pm »

Welp. Tal fetches Leo and starts mass producing dream catchers to the listed specifications with him.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2799 on: February 19, 2016, 12:28:12 am »

Zachary wakes up from where he had cried himself to sleep. His brother... gone... But he WAS going to make Alan pay.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: February 19, 2016, 07:49:12 am »

Frazz injects him. Sorry, Tal, i know he didnt specifically request it, but this is serious.

((Also, i think Frazz is the sort of person who would have an extensive tinfoil hat collection.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: February 19, 2016, 07:58:11 am »

((Err. I want you to think about what you are doing. You are attempting to inject a Stimulant, a drugtype that induces a physical high into someone who has a very large amount of Sedatives in them, a drugtype that induces a physical down. High drugs and down drugs do not play well together. There's a reason antidepressants and alcohol don't mix and people have died from mixing them. You're simply taking it to the extreme with drugs that need very precise measurements and have extremely drastic effects.))

((To put that in laymans nonmedical terms. You're trying to do the equivalent of causing an acute overdose on heroine, crack, and lsd at the same time while gouging his eyes out with a spork, and for added measure screeching like a pterodactyl and vomiting directly into his now empty eye sockets. Frazz being a chemist should know better and is liable to be shot by attendant medical professionals and Tal if he carries through.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: February 19, 2016, 08:15:32 am »

((Though, I am sure a small part of Kavaks statement is false, he is still quite correct. Just because Vigil is up and moving, and the effects of the sedatives have worn off, doesn't mean the sedatives are anywhere near out of the system.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: February 19, 2016, 08:28:01 am »

The dream catchers, as it turns out, is not easy to make. For one it requires actual human hair to make the strings around the middle, and you don't exactly have a 3D printer here to make circles out of.

Though the book did say that the important part at the human hair and enchanting circle for it, so what's keeping the hair together might not be so important. So cables, plastics and even straws can probably do for now.

The ritual to enchant a dream catcher seems simple enough, using candles, hard intent and lots of chanting. Blood's always welcomed, of course. It's going to look so damn spooky in the night..

Something's still bugging you, though. The description of what it's supposed to do. It simply states that it 'catch nightmares.' and you're pretty sure that it simply can't just end there.. could it?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: February 19, 2016, 08:29:17 am »

Jon joins the dream catcher mass production.

"It catches nightmares. Maybe it makes them real?"
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 612