Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391725 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #2610 on: February 14, 2016, 03:15:34 pm »

"Tal, your still broadcasting over team comms, by the way. The answer for that was supposed to be so they didnt see us until we landed."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: February 14, 2016, 03:30:02 pm »

"I'm aware I am still broadcasting, this is an open discussion. And why the fuck would it matter if they saw us? The idea was to land behind the horizon line in the first place."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: February 14, 2016, 06:35:17 pm »

You feel the floor dropped from under you while you discuss, your Transports making a hard straight drop to bleed as much height as possible before whatever's coming arrives. "Find something to hold onto ladies!" Your pilots advised. The other teams, techies, doctors grab for whatever solid thing they can hold and cling onto while also trying to put on their chutes.

The Ravager and Big Sky pulled away from the dropping transports and angled themself to look up at the incoming flock, it's nose cannon spinning up and spitting out a trail of light that scythes through the flock. The 20mm was more than enough to rip and tear through flesh and bones alike, exploding the majority of the creatures that it hit into fine mist and still kept going to hit the ones behind them.

"Firing Anti-Air!" Zachery's pilot said as he selects the High-Explosive Proximity missile into the flock and began letting loose on the flock. Explosions, super heated compressed air and deadly shrapnel rocked the incoming flock, yet there were so many of them.

Before they know it, The Ravager rocked as one of the creatures made it through the hail of death and destruction, crashing right at the cockpit. Zachery heard a scream and sees that the main pilot's pinned to his chair by a very large and deadly-looking claw that belonged to the creature. He's got a good look of it now, and his helmet is getting videos of it too..

The thing's not a pretty sight, it uses it's wings to cover your vision while it digs it's many pincer legs onto the gunship itself. One, having made it through the cockpit and is pinning the pilot right now. It looks at you with it's eyeless sockets and roared a hissy roar with it's mouth of many, many teeth.

Spoiler: The creature. (click to show/hide)

It's not low enough for any of your gunship's weapon to hit it, though you have your Mag assault rifle resting just at your side.. And the ejection lever between your legs.

"Guys, Guys. Aren't we normally the one who get a drop on them and fight on our own terms? What the hell is happening!?"
Maximus asked, getting his chute on and checking his shotgun for any problems as the transport kept dropping, buying you some more time.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: February 14, 2016, 06:38:14 pm »

"They were ready this time, I guess." Aria says, her voice totally steady as she waits for something to pop in for her to shoot or for orders.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: February 14, 2016, 06:41:07 pm »

"What happened was some idiot decided we should fly at an obscenely high altitude with no real logical reasoning behind it."

"Zachary, grab your gun, aim for spot directly below its skull and fire. Looks like the main weight bearing structure. Snap a bone there and it's crippled."

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: February 14, 2016, 07:10:29 pm »

Well and we should have let the drones recon a while before we got close. Its times like this I really wish I had wings myself damn it.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: February 14, 2016, 07:23:55 pm »

"That was also something I was intending to do. For whatever reason I wasn't informed of the dropsite ETA."

((I am a bit peeved about this actually. Feels way too much like railroading and rocks fall with no way to counter due to a giantarse timeskip.))

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: February 14, 2016, 07:29:13 pm »

"That was also something I was intending to do. For whatever reason I wasn't informed of the dropsite ETA."

((I am a bit peeved about this actually. Feels way too much like railroading and rocks fall with no way to counter due to a giantarse timeskip.))
((Yeah and now I have to worry about the damn dog even more so then usual -__-But I guess we had to get things moving again))

But what the fuck do we do now??
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: February 14, 2016, 07:30:01 pm »

"We land and salvage the situation."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: February 14, 2016, 07:32:40 pm »

(Mmm, I suppose a few rounds of calling out the time wasn't enough. And I was worried that things weren't going fast enough. So what would have you done beforehand? The recon drones won't be able to keep up with you at cruising speed, and you were attacked at some five to ten minutes before arriving at the AO.

I'd allow some precog changes if you'd like.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: February 14, 2016, 07:48:40 pm »

((Well I would have set down the flight capable vehicles a good 20 minutes out. Last time we were at the castle it was shown it's a bad idea to put helicopters anywhere near the AO. And since it the plan is a multiday siege, it would be far enough away to set up a relatively safe staging ground. A forward camp would be established after we had a staging zone and would be done with only ground vehicles. Romes would be patrolling a few hundred feet above the staging zone, excluding whatever one went with the initial recon and spotting team. Ground based drones would array around the camp for defense. They all have that anti ballistics and antiair module for a reason. Ground Vehicles would array in a circle inside the staging ground in what is functionally a barricade around the flight enabled vehicles and the artillery. Day 1 would be mainly intel gathering, what's what, what's where, weakspots in the castle to bombard, enemy targets to watch out for, specifics for what we need for defenses, and a relatively low stress environment to get the squads ready for the scouting of Day 2 and Day 3. Bombardments beginning on Day 4 to start drawing out the hordes and getting specifics as to their capabilities and if we should pull out or not, with the siege beginning in full on Day 5. This is a slightly accelerated timetable for the average siege irl. The tech gap is sufficient to allow accelerated timeframes.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: February 14, 2016, 07:56:08 pm »

[Currently the AO that you were heading for is at the edge of your artillery's effective range.

If everyone agrees, we can take a step back to 20 minutes before reaching the FOB spot via flight to land and then drive an hour out to it. What would you order the Gunships and Transports do? They still have to go back and pick up the majority of your supplies, ammo and building stuff for the siege itself.]

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: February 14, 2016, 08:08:56 pm »

((The effective range of the artillery would be the forward camp. Not the staging area. You don't even bother moving the heavy weapons in until you know what ya want them shooting at.))

((The flight able vehicles would unload their stuff at the staging area and go back to grab more stuff, prioritizing building gear, then people to build shit, then ammo and defensive weapons, then the food and supplies. They'd also be flying low cause that wouldn't affect fuel consumption since there's no terrain variance.))

((We most definitely wouldn't be driving after landing, we'd be digging in. Day 1 is set up basecamp. Day 2 is scout, Day 3 is scout and start setting up the forward base. Day 4 is either pull out and scout more or dig in the forward base. Day 5 is bombard, Day 6 is refine defenses and keep bombarding. Day 7 is fullscale assault or bombard depending on circumstances.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: February 14, 2016, 09:19:14 pm »

[Alrighty! That seems clear enough. 20 minutes flight away from your Artillery's effective range seems like a good spot to dig down your staging area?]

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: February 14, 2016, 09:21:39 pm »

((Yup~))
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 612