Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391689 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #2520 on: February 12, 2016, 02:06:49 am »

"Behave Zachary. There are better ways to prevent people from screaming."

"Max. How many were in your squad prior to the casualties? And what were your tactics? Good to know the tactics for any given success."

"Causes of failure and success in your respective missions Krieger? Always good to know what tactics didn't work and what did."

"Cause of failure in your mission James? And causes of safe extraction? Again always good to know the tactics involved."

"Size of all castles encountered by each group?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2521 on: February 12, 2016, 02:13:27 am »

Zachary lifts an eyebrow at Tal but puts the knife away, "Yes... Sir..."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: February 12, 2016, 02:20:02 am »

Max of the Spess Mehreens doesn't seems to be all too worried about that. "TEN! WE ALL HAD MACHINE GUNS. THE CASTLE WERE SMALL ENOUGH THAT WE JUST KEPT SHOOTING AT IT WITH BIG GUNS AND AT ANYTHING COMING AT US! [YEAH!]"

"Though we didn't have jeeps or anything and was on foot, some of the flyers made it through. We didn't want to shoot high-powered bullets in melee so we were using knives to fight off the damned things. Four out of Seven died at the scene and the rest died from severe poisoning on the Evac chopper on the way back." He answered, actually having a normal indoor voice!

"Weren't mobile or cautious enough in the first mission, all the casualties were from there. Went back to the same castle again with company-assigned jeeps after reviewing your footage and just circle around picking things off until it's all clear before we moved in to secure the castle. Size's about half the size of that keep-looking castle you went in." Krieger answered.

Then it was Jame's turn to answer. "We didn't have a big enough gun or adequate tool to breach the castle. We hung around with the chopper landed and shoot at rushers, but knowing that without proper firepower, we wouldn't stand a chance so called the mission off. Of the two deaths, one is from jumping off of the chopper before it fully lands at the AO, the other is via choking hazard on the way back."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: February 12, 2016, 02:37:40 am »

"Alright."

"Max. Rule three is overkill is better then underkill. If you have a choice between using a gun and a knife, use the gun unless it's easier and faster to use the knife. This castle we should be engaging at extreme range. Ideally none of the hostiles will get within thirty meters of us and we should have a surplus of ammo this time around. Aim for at most two casualties this time and ideally zero. A number of the creatures use paralytic toxins. A single good hit from a Spiker will put you out of a mission, either from the paralysis or from the injury itself. Toxins are nasty. Also, did you encounter a Denizen and how did you deal with it if so?"

"Krieger, good tactics there. Did you encounter a Denizen?"

"Good call James on bailing out before you got overrun. What exactly did the one who choked choke on and would a modification to the gear prevent others from dying the same way?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: February 12, 2016, 02:44:30 am »

"Aight, noted." Max nodded before adding "Yeah, a bigass flying gargoyle or someshit. I think it died from splattering all over the ground after we shot it's wings off."

Krieger nodded. "It was a triceratops. Well, kind of like one, anyway. Thing's built like a tank, but really slow and doesn't have any ranged, so we just kept baiting it while shooting at it. Eventually a lucky bullet got it's eye and tore right through into the brain or something, dropped her like a rock."

"A nougat sandwich. He choked on a nougat sandwich and died. The Heimlich maneuver was.. ineffective." James answered solemnly.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: February 12, 2016, 02:52:41 am »

"Smart choice to aim for the wings Max. That's pretty much what we did for the dragon. Just we also had rockets and used vehicles to outmaneuver it on the ground. Fairly sure we wouldn't have been able to off the dragon without the vehicles. Max, have R&D look into making antidotes for the toxins your squad died to. Prevent other agents from dying the same way."

"Good with the triceratops Krieger, did you aim for anything specific on it or just general firing?"

"Iii'm gonna say standard operating procedure is no eating while in a moving vehicle. Better safe then sorry. James, see about asking R&D to make breathing tubes that you can shove down someone who's choking's throat to prevent that from happening again with any other agents. Who knows, might save someone who's bled into their lungs or nearly drowned."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: February 12, 2016, 03:01:51 am »

"Aye, I'm sure the Chemists will think of something." Max nodded to that.

Krieger shook his head. "We decided to just shoot at it's head area until it stopped moving. Which worked well enough."

"Hmm, that is an incredibly good idea! I wonder why I haven't came up with it earlier." James mused on Tal's idea of a breathing tube.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: February 12, 2016, 04:29:37 am »

If there's nothing else, everyone will probably head to the transport of their choice. But not before Zachery finishing a quick arrangement on his tablet.

Anything anyone else want to do before the mission starts properly?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: February 12, 2016, 04:37:39 am »

Tal has a few monkeys in cages loaded up into one of the vehicles.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2529 on: February 12, 2016, 04:56:24 am »

Zachary yells at an intern to 3dprint him a thousand caltrops and store them in a wooden crate that can be pushed out of a transport and shatter everywhere on contact with the ground. Have the crate labeled 'DANGER: Long-lasting ground Area denial ; FRAGILE ; DO NOT DROP'
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: February 12, 2016, 07:31:15 am »

Two crates of alcohol for our return, a camping tent for privacy, and map making supplies to make paper maps. . . .  and a portable photocopier.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: February 12, 2016, 08:12:10 am »

Two crates of alcohol for our return, a camping tent for privacy, and map making supplies to make paper maps. . . .  and a portable photocopier.
AAAYYEE!!!

Frazz walks up to Tal
"Hey mate, so i think we should give the SPESS MEREENES better equipment. Or at least, the leftover stuff from our old missions. They seem to have the correct mindset."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: February 12, 2016, 09:14:17 am »

"I think they'd do better with enchanted gear honestly."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: February 12, 2016, 09:35:17 am »

"Need I remind you what happened to the intern, and the level of secrecy that we are supposed to have. . .  Suppose to have. Right, how many interns know about your Occultism?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: February 12, 2016, 09:40:00 am »

"The majority have heard rumors. Leonardo is the only one who knows facts."
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 612