Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391625 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #2370 on: February 02, 2016, 09:02:16 pm »

Leonardo seems like a good choice. Imagination is sort of required for magic afterall. Tal sends him a ping to report to the Foxhound suite.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: February 02, 2016, 09:13:52 pm »

The man is there in 5 minutes. With a fresh, hot box of pizza.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: February 02, 2016, 09:19:15 pm »

On the desk of one of the science team is a piece of paper that nobody seemed to notice. It seemed almost like a list. It was dirty, with old coffee and donut stains, as if it had been there for weeks. And wrinkled as though it had been shifted under many things. The hand writing on it was unfimilure, and no where near neat, but the writing was large and clear.

Quote from: A request for our research team
Of If you guys can come up with a way to make it easier for me our recon and stealth scouting specialiest Vi to do his job.
Pitched ideas as upgrades for his suit:
Stealth cloaking
Retractable hooks, or any other climbing mechinism mechanism
Hidden smoke generator
[/size]
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: February 02, 2016, 09:23:09 pm »

"Leo, please have a seat. I didn't call you for pizza although it is appreciated."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: February 02, 2016, 09:42:02 pm »

On the desk of one of the science team is a piece of paper that nobody seemed to notice. It seemed almost like a list. It was dirty, with old coffee and donut stains, as if it had been there for weeks. And wrinkled as though it had been shifted under many things. The hand writing on it was unfimilure, and no where near neat, but the writing was large and clear.

Quote from: A request for our research team
Of If you guys can come up with a way to make it easier for me our recon and stealth scouting specialiest Vi to do his job.
Pitched ideas as upgrades for his suit:
Stealth cloaking
Retractable hooks, or any other climbing mechinism mechanism
Hidden smoke generator
[/size]

The note continues to remain unnoticed.

"Leo, please have a seat. I didn't call you for pizza although it is appreciated."

"Alright sir." Said the man as he comes inside to have a seat, his eyes gawking at the grandeur of it all inside.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: February 02, 2016, 09:45:29 pm »

Tal sits across from Leo. A small coffee table in the middle. "Presumably you have heard the assorted rumors from your fellow interns and varied security personal correct?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: February 02, 2016, 09:51:12 pm »

Leonardo squirms in his seat a little. "Aye sir, quite a few.."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: February 02, 2016, 10:09:33 pm »

"You are currently listed among the sanest of the interns, as well as ranking quite high up there in the intelligence and logic scales as well."

"I have an offer for you. Should you choose to decline the offer upon hearing it, we never spoke of it. Would you like to hear it?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: February 03, 2016, 03:25:20 am »

"I knew running Pizzas is the way to go around here." He said with a minor fistpump. "Yeah! I'll gladly hear it!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: February 03, 2016, 04:55:19 am »

Tal unsheathes a Ritual Knife and stabs it into the wooden table. "Firstly. Magic is real. Secondly it takes a hell of a lot of prep work to get something workable out of it based on the current materials we have recovered. This right here is probably among the easiest things to make and it still takes a good twenty minutes to an hour per blade. More advanced stuff takes esoteric items, blood sacrifice, hours to days of prepwork, and potentially multiple people."

"The offer, should you choose to accept it is as follows: You will be brought onboard Foxhound as a paid worker. One Unit a month. Three per month with possible bonuses if you choose to come through the Gates with the auxiliary teams and Foxhound. Should you choose the Gateway option, high grade armor and weapons will be provided. I'm aware the company already provides you with room and board, so that means you get a fairly considerable amount of funds to spend on whatever you please or save up for later. You will be spending the majority of your time studying and creating enchantments and occult artifacts. One such example is this knife. You will primarily be aiding the members of Foxhound in occult and arcane experiments and studies. No experiments will be conducted on you. Although a few members of Foxhound aren't the most.. Present, so you may have to deal with eccentric or flat out unstable and insane behaviors from them. Notably Frazz. Do not allow him to test any of his serums on you. That's what lesser interns and random murderhobos kidnapped off the street are for."

"To sum it up, the offer is you get paid and you get to be a wizard. The catch is some people you'll be working with are definitely insane. Are you interested?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: February 03, 2016, 05:25:59 am »

"I thought I had to stay a virgin for forty years to be a Wizard." He laughed, grinning ear-to-ear. "I'm definitely interested! paid work AND get to do magic? even going through the gate with the famed Foxhound? Sounds like a dream come true!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: February 03, 2016, 05:32:24 am »

"Alright then! Might as well get started right away. First thing you're going to learn is how to make a Knife and how to use it. Go grab a pure iron knife from one of the 3D printers and bring it back here."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2382 on: February 03, 2016, 05:40:44 am »

((FUCK! I accidentally hit CTRL+R instead of CTRL-SHIFT-T and I had a massive post. Nuuuu! *sigh* I'll be getting back to it[size=78%]))[/size]

((God Damnit! Happened again, but I managed to quickly CTRL-A - CTRL-C the stuff here before it reloaded))

Zachary enters the penthouse, slinging a quiver of arrows onto his doona. He hangs his new bow ((http://thebestcompoundbows.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/compound-bow-specs.png)) up on the wall above his pillow, becoming a decorative peice until the next mission unless he trains with it later. He then unfolds the shield and inspects it, making a mental note to remove the glaring white 'POLICE' from the front and replacing it with maybe 'FOXHOUND' in a more subtle color, maybe a light grey.

He walks over to the computer, mumbling "hello, beautiful," as the code to his game comes up. He cracks his knuckles before seeing a new face reflected in the screen in a gap between some code. He swivels on the chair and without looking, brings up the files used to run background and criminal checks on employees one handed from a desktop shortcut. Sure it is dangerous to have such sensitive data in a shortcut on the desktop, but no-one but him knew the password to open it, right? Right?

He accidentally hits a wrong key and brings up his own file without knowing it as he calls to the new face. If anyone had looked at the sharp change in contrast between the code and Zach in full circus livery, they probably couldn't help but laugh at the oblivious Zach. Beneath Zach's face was printed ZACHARY "IGGY STEELE" MILLER. Zach had clown paint on in the photo and was grinning with a bright red nose. In the background of the photo is eight knives in the center ring of a target on either side of his face.

((If anyone has a problem with any of this, just let me know and I'll correct it))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: February 03, 2016, 05:45:40 am »

[It's fine.]

"Alright then! Might as well get started right away. First thing you're going to learn is how to make a Knife and how to use it. Go grab a pure iron knife from one of the 3D printers and bring it back here."

Leonardo soon returns with a pure iron knife, similar to Tal's. Eager to learn how to do magicks.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: February 03, 2016, 05:51:45 am »

Tal has gotten out the etching tools while Leo was off grabbing the knife. He also has present on the table the photocopied pages explaining how to carve the knife's symbols properly.

"Carve the symbols on that page onto the iron knife. Be as precise as you can, no telling what might happen if they're skewed too much. No shame in getting a new knife and restarting if you screw up. Better then sprouting pseudopods and projectile vomiting kittens."
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 612