Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391538 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #2160 on: January 27, 2016, 08:46:52 pm »

"The changes are much more obvious than I expected. Oi, you feel okay? Not about to go insane and punch me into a wall, I hope."

Make sure the intern is calm. If it seems like might go berserk - give him an extra large shot of sedatives (unless it seems risky to get near him). Keep my .45 near. Also, call some security just in case shit hits the fan.

In case the fecal matter hits the rotary propeller, try to not die.

The transformed intern tries to get a hold of himself. Then critically failed.

He began shaking, eyeing you, then begin to growl and foam his mouth. This is the opposite of what you wanted. And looking at those twitchy arms, it doesn't look like trying to sedate him at melee range is going to be a good idea.

So you did the next best thing and smack the big red button on the wall, causing the alarm to blare.

Then the fecal matter indeed made contact with rotary propeller at high velocity. The mutant intern made a scream not unlike that of a wild animal and dashes at you with his powerful legs.

Understandably, you would draw your .45 and turn the safety off. In the second that took you to do that, the enchanted Intern closes the distance and made a powerful and wide one-two swipe. It all happened so fast, even with adrenaline flowing freely through your veins, you couldn't quite make out what had happened.

But your right arm from the elbow down is gone, flung into the air with the .45 still attached to your hand. Your life juice exploded outwards, coating the Eldritch-empowered Intern, who seems to grin unnaturally as he baths in your blood, his mouth widening, cracking, his eyes darkening into pitch black.

Then you heard a wet 'shlop.' as your intestines had fallen onto the floor. That second swipe having disemboweled you, surely. There was even more blood now, but you know what? you actually find yourself in a strange calm and curiosity. It's probably the shock, but, huh.. your Intestines.. on the floor.

Thinking is so hard now. About the people, and things, and... purple African lions?

you collapses in a heap on the floor, bleeding out as your thoughts are becoming jumbled. What were you doing again? one, two, threetwoonehundred...

[Ouch, the Intern did some really good rolls. You're on a con check each turn to see if you can still hang on now. Give me some thoughts process and I'll give you a bonus to it.]

Security team is en-route, and Foxhound is notified that shit is going down where Jon is doing Magick testings and that they're probably down a member now.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: January 27, 2016, 08:56:20 pm »

Vigil had just started training when the call happened. Thankfully he had all his gear, and needed only to make it to the room where the abomination was, from the training room. His 'Serpent's Nail' (001A sword) on his back and 'Betsy' in his hand, he called for five random interns to follow him as he ran.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: January 27, 2016, 09:40:46 pm »

((Dammit, why am I always the first one to die (or nearly die) in these kinds of games? Jon, why'd you apply both sets of runes? There was an 'or' in there. Well, whatever. Enjoy my crappy attempts at figuring out Jon's thought process.))

fourfivesi- ... what's with these numbers all of a sudden? Just because you're dying doesn't mean you have to think about... what was it again?

... I wonder if I can scoop my insides back... oh, I forgot already. Arm's gone. What about the other one? Nope. Can't even lift it up.

... pink elephants?

... whatever you just thought of has no relation with what's happening right now.

... what's that warm liquid I'm lying in? Oh, right... bleeding out.

... so this is what dying feels like, huh? It's fucking with my thoughts. I barely feel the pain, too. But it's strangely peaceful.

Can't die yet though. There are still things to be done. I can't let such a minor setback end me.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: January 27, 2016, 10:23:47 pm »

Frazz hears the alarm whilst mixing two beakers.

"Ok, i know i didn't do anything recently, so…..Goddamit Jon what did you do now?"
*He tosses the beakers into the disposal can, starting a minor fire, then runs out the room*
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: January 27, 2016, 10:48:09 pm »

Zander having decided to take a break and not really helping Tal is at the shooting range. Hearing the alarm he sprints off toward Jon because he knew was testing with the runes. Practicing with his new Mag Assault rifle and Duster 19x11.

Damn it we need to follow the buddy system with this shit, damn it all!
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: January 27, 2016, 11:45:06 pm »

Arthur pauses the show.

"Did you hear that?"

Some of the interns are so bored that they're sleeping through alarms. At least they didn't say anything mean.

"Seems, like there might be a problem with one of Tal's experiments. A deal's a deal though, so I'll make sure you stay as far away from Tal as possible. I have to go."

After saying that, Arthur locks the interns inside the room in order to make sure that Tal doesn't get to them. Then, he sprints to his room to grab the mag assault rifle. After the rifle is acquired, Arthur slings his old carbine on his back, making sure that he has HE bullets loaded. He then runs towards the lab, carbine ready, having changed guns midway.

"IF ANYONE'S IN THERE, CAN YOU PLEASE PASS ME A GRENADE?!"

He waits for a response.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2166 on: January 28, 2016, 02:21:45 am »

Zachary gets the next biggest nerd in the room to take over while he brings up a video feed of the mutant intern.
Overload a lightbulb above him. Activate the fire sprinklers. Get him away from the armless gutless dude.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: January 28, 2016, 06:22:21 am »

((Tal has preformed zero eldritch rituals on interns. Excluding the Paranoia one~))

Tal sighs as he hears the sirens. He picks up his gauss pistol and locks it into the bracing a before heading to the site of the alarm. Shoot first, ask questions later is the plan.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: January 28, 2016, 11:14:40 am »

Upon approaching the room, Frazz stops just short of the door to avoid being noticed. He doesnt see the intern due to the angle, but he does see Jon lying there with his guts out. He activates comms and whispers:

"Guys, someone flood that room with Knockout gas, and get me a mask. Im going to get in there with this stim. If we wait too long he will go braindead. The Aldrenaline will keep his heart beating for about an extra minute. If not, then the team medic's a vegetable."

((No, this is not me looking for an excuse to use my stims. this is what people do when someones bleeding out/borderline dead and brain death is a risk. ))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: January 28, 2016, 11:31:04 am »

((This is one of the cases that Tal would approve use of it actually. Life or Death situations as he has stated are allowed.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: January 28, 2016, 11:35:24 am »

((So would Jon. If he could. He's not really conscious at the moment.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: January 28, 2016, 11:52:46 am »

((Due to the fact that Jons got a major cut, but is still (kinda) concious, weve got arond 1 minte to get him stims. After that, roughly 1 minute 15 seconds to get him to stasis/cryo/whatever tube. Someone grab some anaesthesia and a defuser, or find some other way to eliminate the Eviltern.I wold not recomend guns due to unreliability. This thing probably doesnt have functioning pain receptors. Its headshot or nothing. ))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:55:26 am by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: January 28, 2016, 11:58:52 am »

Arthur pauses the show.

"Did you hear that?"

Some of the interns are so bored that they're sleeping through alarms. At least they didn't say anything mean.

"Seems, like there might be a problem with one of Tal's experiments. A deal's a deal though, so I'll make sure you stay as far away from Tal as possible. I have to go."

After saying that, Arthur locks the interns inside the room in order to make sure that Tal doesn't get to them. Then, he sprints to his room to grab the mag assault rifle. After the rifle is acquired, Arthur slings his old carbine on his back, making sure that he has HE bullets loaded. He then runs towards the lab, carbine ready, having changed guns midway.

"IF ANYONE'S IN THERE, CAN YOU PLEASE PASS ME A GRENADE?!"

He waits for a response.

a Grenade was mysteriously flung his way, but there was no response. Fortunately, the grenade wasn't armed.

Zachary gets the next biggest nerd in the room to take over while he brings up a video feed of the mutant intern.
Overload a lightbulb above him. Activate the fire sprinklers. Get him away from the armless gutless dude.

The reaction you get were similar of 001B, the overloaded lightbulbs and fire sprinklers were, unsurprisingly, not all that effective. It does clean some blood, though. So that's something.. and you're pretty sure the bits and shards of glass that exploded probably helped a little bit. Not bad considering you're doing this without risk of losing limbs.

Upon approaching the room, Frazz stops just short of the door to avoid being noticed. He doesnt see the intern due to the angle, but he does see Jon lying there with his guts out. He activates comms and whispers:

"Guys, someone flood that room with Knockout gas, and get me a mask. Im going to get in there with this stim. If we wait too long he will go braindead. The Aldrenaline will keep his heart beating for about an extra minute. If not, then the team medic's a vegetable."

Unfortunately, Akras isn't that particular notorious science company. So there was no Knockout gas outlets to flood rooms with or Neurotoxins neither. Which is probably a good thing since it could've taken just one good hacker to kill the whole company otherwise, and that's not good for investments.

A couple of the Floor's Security arrived on the other side of the door, giving you a nod. Their MAG assault rifles at the ready, one of them turns the corner to check inside the room...

... Then was grabbed by the head by the Mutant Intern. He screamed into the Eldritch-powered intern's clawed hand as his buddy spray and pray at their general direction.

The Intern had used the guard as his shield, blocking the other guard's view. Giving him just enough time to close in on the second guard and swipe him with a free hand, taking off both of the guard's arms in one clean swipe. The screamings intensifies into two now..

Then the Intern's eyes sets on Frazz, still holding the barely-alive shot-to-shit guard in his left hand.

Vigil had just started training when the call happened. Thankfully he had all his gear, and needed only to make it to the room where the abomination was, from the training room. His 'Serpent's Nail' (001A sword) on his back and 'Betsy' in his hand, he called for five random interns to follow him as he ran.

Zander having decided to take a break and not really helping Tal is at the shooting range. Hearing the alarm he sprints off toward Jon because he knew was testing with the runes. Practicing with his new Mag Assault rifle and Duster 19x11.

Damn it we need to follow the buddy system with this shit, damn it all!

Tal sighs as he hears the sirens. He picks up his gauss pistol and locks it into the bracing a before heading to the site of the alarm. Shoot first, ask questions later is the plan.

The Elevator stops for Tal first, and then proceed to go down. Picking up Zander first, followed by Vigil, then Arthur as you head towards the floor where Frazz and Jon is at. You are just a couple of turns away from reaching the floor!

At some point, you're joined by Jenny who brought her .50 BMG Rifle and maximus who brought his Automatic shotgun. Foxhound is assembled like the pros you are within the two - three minutes of the alarm going off.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: January 28, 2016, 12:00:19 pm »

"ITS ON BITCH"

Injects self with stim while hurling vial of acid.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: January 28, 2016, 12:06:29 pm »

Aria was also probably on the elevator, with her Gauss rifle.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 612