Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391529 times)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #2145 on: January 27, 2016, 04:16:19 pm »

Yes well that method is effective, it's good if possible like this case too have multiple methods available. Also let me try searching his designator, there are a few benifits to being an elite castle squad. Search using my authorization which is higher then the interagators.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: January 27, 2016, 04:26:32 pm »

Yes well that method is effective, it's good if possible like this case too have multiple methods available. Also let me try searching his designator, there are a few benifits to being an elite castle squad. Search using my authorization which is higher then the interagators.

It is safe to assume that whoever ordered you to be killed/kidnapped probably wouldn't make the information about it and them avaliable to you. So you didn't find anything on Akras Database.

Strangely enough, the Charlie Five-Ohs don't seem to exist at all!

But then again, if you search for yourselves on the Akras Database, you wouldn't find anything at all. Because Gate Teams are super secret. Maybe if you're in the database at all you'd show up as a Janitor or something.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: January 27, 2016, 04:35:35 pm »

Hmm guess it'll have to wait until I talk to the Higer ups, keep them here for now and see if you guys can't get more info out of them.Go help Tal with whatever he's doing until the meeting.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 27, 2016, 04:40:04 pm »

Tal is probably studying.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: January 27, 2016, 05:13:38 pm »

We are now entering Week 3/4

The first immediate thing to note was a report stating that attempts to purge Zander's plants in the containment zone have failed. Shit's grown so big it's clogging up all the incinerator's hoses. And some Cameras that could actually still see shows that the plants have grown mouths and teeth.

It was enough to keep everyone noping out and keeping the whole containment unit on lockdown. Though the plant's roots and stuff are starting to grow into the door's creeks, it's just time before they're grown enough to come out. And people are not too happy about that idea.

On a brighter news, R&D finally found answers on 'Give every squad Gauss Guns, but not actually Gauss Guns because they're expensive. Make it so.' by saying 'Fuck this shit.' and strap a 40mm grenade launcher onto the now-free standard issued MAG Assault rifle. Giving it the underslung grenade launcher that could shoot the 40mm HEAT grenades or the longer 25mm AP cannon rounds.

Thanks to the new arm bracing tech developed for the Gauss rifle, firing the cannon round will not turn your arms into pudding and memories.

This upgrade comes with a price, of course. about 15* to be precise. But now there's an affordable way to put big guns in the hands of squads who can't afford Gauss rifles and it's expensive ammunition at half the price of the Gauss and all the boom! almost.

As for Tal and Jon's studies into Eldritch programming, it seems like you've hit a wall. You could make rituals and follow steps just fine, but strangely enough learning it is being such a difficult task! you're still trying, though. [To be able to start 'coding' Eldritch magic properly, you'll have to spend points on it. Until then you can only follow what the book has.]

So no corrupting blood grenades, sorry.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: January 27, 2016, 05:25:17 pm »

Frazz will order Zander to either A. Burn down his babies, or B. Hand control over to Frazz. Whichever one he decides is most terrifying, the plants would be better off.

Afterwards, Frazz will spend the days acquiring a semiautomatic carbine and training with it. And also preparing a few bottles of acid and tranqs. And of course, about a Gallon of Stims.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: January 27, 2016, 05:33:13 pm »

Tal I hate to say but I think we need to flame the plants or design a new containment area, what do you think take a look at them will you?? Because there are benifits and I'd hate to lose them.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: January 27, 2016, 05:45:52 pm »

[To be able to start 'coding' Eldritch magic properly, you'll have to spend points on it. Until then you can only follow what the book has.]
((I expected this to happen sooner or later. Runecrafting (or would that be just Eldritch Magic?) is going to be a Very Hard skill?))

If there are protective runes in the book, acquire two human analogues and put a bulletproof vest enhanced with runes onto one and a normal one on the other. Shoot them (first with a pistol, then SMG, then rifle, and so on). Observe the differences. If there's a noticeable improvement on the vest's defensive capabilities, begin enhancing the squad's armor, beginning with my assault suit.

If there are no protective runes in the book, acquire an intern. Assure the intern that I'm a professional doctor and the possibility of harm due to bloodloss and such is negligible (death from eldritch magic is possible, but there's no need to mention that). Carve either strength or agility runes onto the intern, depending on which set of runes the intern likes more. Don't forget to check the intern strength/agility before and after applying runes.

If I can do both of these things within the week - do them.

Tal I hate to say but I think we need to flame the plants or design a new containment area, what do you think take a look at them will you?? Because there are benifits and I'd hate to lose them.
"There's a probability that the plants will start walking around and eating people. I think we should grab a few samples and send a squad with flamethrowers in there. Maybe take some of the smaller plants to put in temporary containment until we get something more secure."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: January 27, 2016, 06:02:13 pm »

As Arthur finishes rewriting some sheet music lyrics, he decides to post a notice in the bar as official sign ups.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: January 27, 2016, 06:33:48 pm »

"The experiment is reproducible if needed. I recommend we drill a hole in the roof and completely flood the chamber with acid. Aren't you glad I had you move them into a containment chamber instead of keeping them in our room?"

((I most definitely intend to put points into it once the skill is named.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: January 27, 2016, 07:07:43 pm »

[Just to be clear, the plants in containment are different from the one Zander grows in the squad's room. The one in the squad room is what he's making his salves and tea from. The one in containment is the ones that's likely to start walking and eating people.]

As Arthur finishes rewriting some sheet music lyrics, he decides to post a notice in the bar as official sign ups.

Intern floods in to sign up, hoping for salvation.

[To be able to start 'coding' Eldritch magic properly, you'll have to spend points on it. Until then you can only follow what the book has.]
((I expected this to happen sooner or later. Runecrafting (or would that be just Eldritch Magic?) is going to be a Very Hard skill?))

If there are protective runes in the book, acquire two human analogues and put a bulletproof vest enhanced with runes onto one and a normal one on the other. Shoot them (first with a pistol, then SMG, then rifle, and so on). Observe the differences. If there's a noticeable improvement on the vest's defensive capabilities, begin enhancing the squad's armor, beginning with my assault suit.

If there are no protective runes in the book, acquire an intern. Assure the intern that I'm a professional doctor and the possibility of harm due to bloodloss and such is negligible (death from eldritch magic is possible, but there's no need to mention that). Carve either strength or agility runes onto the intern, depending on which set of runes the intern likes more. Don't forget to check the intern strength/agility before and after applying runes.

If I can do both of these things within the week - do them.

"There's a probability that the plants will start walking around and eating people. I think we should grab a few samples and send a squad with flamethrowers in there. Maybe take some of the smaller plants to put in temporary containment until we get something more secure."

[Yes, very hard skill. We've already have it named in the new book me and Kevak is working on. If you want we can start putting points into it already since it's implemented all but name already.]

There was that enhance durability/strength runes from the book, and it made you sacrifice an animal to sate it's perverse lust for blood in a ritual that your parents would not approve of. But you did your best for the armor vest.

You swear shit's magical, the runes glowing eerily with Eldritch purple. And you think there's tiny veins pulsing like heartbeart underneath the vest.. creepy as fuck.

Then you strapped it onto a dummy along with a normal vest for another one and start shooting at it.

You don't notice anything different from shooting pistols at it, both vests protected the dummy with ease.

You bursted SMG Fire at it, and again both vests managed to protect the wearer. Though it probably hurts.

You then fire a MAG Assault Rifle round at them, the bullet easily pierced through the vest and comes out the other side, causing nasty damage.

But when you fired it at the enchanted vest, it stopped the bullet! the bullet kind of dug it's tip inside a little, but there was no penetration!

You barrowed Jenny's .50 cal, and fires at a [new] normal vest. It and the dummy explodes out the back from the force of .50 BMG ripping through the thing.

Then you shoot it at the enchanted vest, and several things happened. First the bullet penetrates the vest, exploding the stomach of the dummy. The rune overloads, glows bright then proceed to explode and burns out in Eldritch flames of black and purple. The explosion were just about as big as when you shot a normal vest with the .50 BMG, except there wasn't Eldritch fire burning the dummy's soul away.

You decide to test Eldritch runes on live intern this time, aquiring a frightened Intern and testing them for their agility and strength. With a good idea, you carve both the Strength runes onto the Intern's arms and Agility onto the Intern's legs.

He says the cutting hurts a bit more than Tattooing, and is weirded out that you have to sacrifice a monkey and chant crazy shit at him while he's made to stand in the middle of a pentagram also painted with Eldritch shit..

Then you finished your incantation, the Monkey's heart began beating once again as the pentagram bursts into Eldritch purple flames, then the heart itself bursts into Eldritch fire as well. Then the runes on the Intern's arms and legs began to glow intensely, he began screaming as his legs and arms visibly twitches and begin to change before your eyes. Muscles bulging and bursting through his skin as extra tendons lashes out and connects, Endoskeleton forming at his arm and fingers to support all this strength that he's being gifted with right now. His elbows extending to a point that it looks like his delivered punch could probably go through a wall.

His legs were facing similar changes as you can feel the sickening cracks of his bones being reformed right inside him, muscles bulging out through the skin and his leg growing a little longer, turning into  a digitigrade pair of legs that looked very strong.

And of course, both his feet and hands now sport very sharp and very deadly looking claws.

The transformed Intern was left panting and gasping in the circle, his whole body sweating as his muscles flexes and pulsed with Eldritch magick.

Any other employees in the same room have already fled when shit started to glow Eldritch magic, because they know that Bad stuff is happening.

The Intern's eyes are wide as he glances around quickly, gasping and gulping for air as he stands on his new pair of legs. His eyes sets on you.

What do?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: January 27, 2016, 07:24:42 pm »

"The changes are much more obvious than I expected. Oi, you feel okay? Not about to go insane and punch me into a wall, I hope."

Make sure the intern is calm. If it seems like might go berserk - give him an extra large shot of sedatives (unless it seems risky to get near him). Keep my .45 near. Also, call some security just in case shit hits the fan.

In case the fecal matter hits the rotary propeller, try to not die.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: January 27, 2016, 07:37:54 pm »

Several hours after the interns have signed up, Arthur comes back wearing a military uniform and his mysterious benefactor playing a trument.

"ATTENTION!!!

"Now I know most of you guys signed up because you wanted salvation from Tal's experiments, but that doesn't mean this will be easy! You will be devoting hours of your free time to this, so I want you to know what you're in for.

"Unfortunatly, I have to start off easy because some things can only be learned the easy way. First, you guys must WATCH a musical!"

Arthur's benefactor comes in dragging a very old television (by modern standards), along with a blue ray player, several CD cases... and a whip.

"So I'm gonna load up a few old classics and you will watch them. Now let me warn you, these things were my childhood. If you dare mutter a single criticism about them, especially the stupid ones such as why the characters are singing for no reason, then I WILL whip you."

"Thank you, now let's start with the Nightmare before Christmas...

Arthur inserts the disc.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: January 27, 2016, 08:00:29 pm »

((Tal hasn't even touched any interns!))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: January 27, 2016, 08:25:57 pm »

And who are you testing your eldritch magic on again?
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 612