Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391378 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Not to mention that the art style doesn't even look close to Lucky Star's.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Aria orders another round for herself and Vigil. "So," she says, taking a sip of her refilled drink, "How do you like it here?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

"Its. . . . . Its much better than home. Could be better though. . . Vigil looks past her, at Maximus, and then back at her. And then takes a big gulp of his drink.
"Do you want to go to the training room?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sure." Aria says, standing up.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Vigil stands up as well, as the massive load of drink flowed straight to his head. The world spun for half a second as he regained himself, and pushed in her chair.
"I am going to go to the bathroom first. I will meet you there."
With that he shuffled off, knowing Maximus would most likely follow. If not, still a win for him. Those drinks ran right through.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aria nods, and heads off. For her part, she is remarkably stable for the amount of alcohol she consumed. Physically, that is. Who knows about mentally. She only takes a wrong turn once!
Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"So! Jon and Frazz? We appear to have brought back a book containing the requirements and patterns needed to preform 'magic.' I shall be laying down a few ground rules. No performing anything directed at one of our squad members without my go ahead, I'm sure there are things that directly benefit people, but please. Test them on an intern first. Always test on interns first. That is literally half of why we have interns. If you're going to accidentally impregnate someone with eldritch babies, please use an intern and not our squaddies."

"Secondly, Frazz, as you did not partake in the ritual enacted, we'll be finding a relatively simple one and performing that so you have an idea how to do them and don't accidentally impregnate yourself with eldritchbabies."

"Thirdly, keep note of anything described similar to that cowbell drawing Frazz discovered. It's a warning for a reason. Let the other two of us know if you encounter such. After all, nobody wants to be raped by an eldritch cow."

"Fourthly, look for simple things we can do, keep note of them, test as needed, try to keep quiet about it outside the squad. Make sure the room isn't bugged."

"Finally, keep your copy of the book on you at all times. That is why we got these sachels after all. Frazz and Jon? Either of you have questions or statements?"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No questions. It'd be nice to find something useful for actual combat though. Like throwing lightning and the like."

Skim through the book for something viable for attacking. Preferably something that looks easy.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

((vKiNm you didn't GM Zach's attempt at flirting))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tal will mainly be looking for easy to do rituals, although things that can be easily done in combat will be looked for as well.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((vKiNm you didn't GM Zach's attempt at flirting))

[Oh, sorry. :P I thought you already said that he failed spectacularly.]

Well, even though he haven't even got one real Gate mission with Foxhound yet, he have already been officially introduced and added to the squad, making him a Foxhound too.

You've no idea how popular Foxhound are, especially with the Ladies.

Girls wants you, guys wants to be you. Zachery is almost literally drowning in Intern girls trying to score some Fox D. Even a few other Employees are interested in sharing drinks with him, hell, even Laura from R&D wouldn't mind drinking with him if he wanted.

---

Jon.. actually did manage to find something akin to an easy attacking 'spell'. Translated to 'Corrupting blood.'
And all it needs is pure iron ritualistic knife engraved with sigils provided on the page. The Instructions boils down to 'Cut self palm with knife of corruption, throw pain at target at will. More angst = better.'

Maybe those Emos really were up to something..

This is one of the easiest thing the book has, only needing one tool and a whole lot of intent and not requiring elaborate rituals like the Paranoia one. There are easier ones that required only simple things such as a lock of hair or just plain dirt, but the effects described are rather lacking and isn't definite enough to prove if it really is magic or not.

The surviving Interns are starting to talk that weird shit is going on in the room that Tal, Frazz and Jon is doing their stuff in.
Foxhound is doing weird shit, man. Like, ritualistic weird shit.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Zachary gets kind of scared by the popularity, he'd always been kind of a loner at school, usually finding friends in the tech clubs or what-have-you, and was way out of his depth when he was being chased by women. Eventually, from his attempts at finding a single decent woman who liked him for him, not liked him for Foxhound, he was being followed around by a pack of the former in the search for the latter. Eventually he managed to get Arthur to point them the wrong way while he hid under a table. Flipping Arthur a coin he escapes to the toilets and looks in the mirror at himself, thinking. ((If any other foxhound members are in the toilets, which I think there are, Zachary will not notice them until he looks up from washing his face from lipstick marks left by the interns))
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 09:39:13 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pissed off that Zachary interrupted his drunken singing, Arthur starts to throw punches and before you know it, it's a bar fight.

"I are... mess yu' up"

*hic*
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That one looks rather useful against thinking targets like humans and terrestrial animals but mostly useless against the majority of Gate creatures."

"Intern! Fetch me three pure iron knives! Also a hammer and chisel intended for metal!"
Tal points at a random intern.

Look for things that can be used against Gate Creatures. Preferably something flashy.

Also keep looking through the rituals.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep looking for attack magic. Up the difficulty a little. Once the iron knives have arrived, grab one and carve the runes into it (unless Frazz wants to do it, since he has a skill that'd help with that, if my memory serves me right). Once knife has been ritualized, acquire an intern and try corrupting his blood.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 612