Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391275 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Nobody is taking drugs from the Idiot-Savant here. He's nowhere near sane enough for the side effects to not be debilitating and on par with an eldritch fanfic with extra teeth."

"Also what? We already know how to identify the creatures. It's really not hard. You lack the mental stability and capacity for teamwork required for fieldwork. You cannot make an antidote for anything onsite. Aka the only place it would matter. You need a rather massive quantity of expensive and fragile equipment for that and a lot of time. There is a reason we amputated Aria's leg last week instead of waiting on an antidote. If you are going to need an antidote either it'll be minor enough to shrug off such as with Spiker spines or it'll be so deadly waiting five minutes for a prefabricated antidote to get brought to you is too much of a wait and amputation is mandatory. Antidote aren't magic. They don't instantly heal you like in the movies. The poison does its damage and continues doing said damage even after it's ingested. Only thing the antidote does is either enable the immune system to fight it like it would a virus or react with the venom to negate it in the very rare cases that's possible."

"Seriously though. I can't think of a good reason for you to be in the field. You belong in the lab. Away from anything that's a life and death matter. I'm honestly wondering if the higher ups were drunk when they thought it was a good idea to stick you with us. Rule three, you don't mix the insane with the semi sane. It's already hard enough to stop Vigil from making himself into a martyr every other mission. We don't need someone who seems to not understand the field he was hired for and is absolutely unhinged."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, we can't go against the higher ups, so it seems like Frazz is going to be Foxhound's resident crazy bastard. Can't say I'm too happy with still being stuck near him, but he can be surprisingly competent at times."

"As for me..." Jon points towards the combat medic's brassard on his left arm mid-sentence. "...I'm the guy in charge of keeping you alive after getting blown up by a grenade or having your leg ripped off. Name's Jonathan."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Technically we can go against the higher ups. It's called directly complaining and filing reports until a different one notices. I'll be giving Frazz one chance to show he's not a danger to the team or criminally incompetent before doing that. However if he directly or indirectly causes any member of the team to be harmed or killed.. His life expectany will drop."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arthur's face changes to one of shock.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jenny shrugged nonchalantly, having been eating a fruit. "Well, our Squad's already got a few people that's a bit boinkers in the head and we're still doing just fine so far. I mean, there's the suicidal matyr-obsessed Swordsman who might actually have good intention but is actually clueless, an actual Cowboy and a guy who speaks, acts and thinks like he's a Roman. Like, the Actual ones from Before Christ or something."

Maximus guffawed at that. "Well I'm a True Roman that I am! Guilty as charged and damned proud of it!" He's also going to eat half of an apple in one bite, the crunchiness was almost enough to make you want to try one.

Arthur's mysterous benefactor offers him an apple and will even help feed him if he can't eat it himself.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 12:50:38 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The major differences are Competence and willingness to work with the team. Quirks are fine so long as they don't cause a danger."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arthur accepts the apple.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tal grabs an apple and begins nomming. "Anyways! Unpleasantness aside, welcome to the team everyone!"

"Jon and Frazz, you two will most likely be working closely with the Medical Auxiliary team. I recommend meeting them and getting to know them. Zachary, you'll probably be working closely with the techie Auxiliary Team like I do, I recommend meeting with them and getting to know them."

"Older members of the team probably recall I mentioned Power Armor as a goal for the squad. I am of the belief that we technically have everything we need. Especially with the miniaturized fusion reactors from last mission. I'm considering giving the R&D team a list of gateway techs for them to work on and paying a small bounty should they deliver any of them by the time next mission rolls around. I'll be writing up a list later and passing it around for input."

"On another note. We recovered quite a few books last mission. They are currently stored in Memetic Containment due to potential Memetic Hazards. I'll begin the process of picking through them later, should anyone feel like joining me feel free. Probably going to borrow a few interns to ensure none of them are fatal before reading."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

"Cracking. If anyone gets possessed by a demon-book, or if someone gets bit by a giant spider, send 'em to me. Ill be poking through the dragon carcass. Chow!"
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile

I wouldn't mind taking a look at those books with you Tal, I'm mighty curious to whats in them.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Zachary takes an apple, "The Romans were pretty kick-ass in their day. My favourite part of most movies that have them is when they just curbstomp their opponent with Pilum and Testudo."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The slide door closes and clicks as it locks, the lights in the room dimmed and the far wall lit up, revealing a large screen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Hello, Foxhound. I hope you are finding yourselves comfortable, today's talk will be... at length." Came the gruff deep voice that the older Foxhound members are begining to become familiar with from the man behind the screen.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:08:27 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

"Well hi there."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Welcome back"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Do tell."
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 612