Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391266 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the room, turn to Arthur and talk to him with all microphones disabled. "You know, you could have helped me a bit there."

((Sorry about lack of posting))

"Help, with what? I have no idea what's going on."

It seems that Arthur's bed is still facing a wall. Seems like no one readjusted it. Arthur literally cannot see anything except the wall.

"How are things by the way? Based on what I heard the monster seems to be dead, but then the question is where did those gunshots come from?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

"Long story short. Gauss weapons wrecked the thing, as it became comatose, possibly dead, it fired a spike which wrecked Aria. Vigil amputated because of the possibility of venom which is very very potent - Remind me of the venom in half an hour, I just had an idea - in Aria's bloodstream. Some idiot went up and poked the thing with a scalpel, probably hitting a nerve, and nearly got himself shot. I ordered an evacuation of the floor to make way for a dedicated medical crew for Aria and the other wounded. Thing moved again and got shot to shit."

((Would it be possible to get that venom, make it gaseous and put it in a grenade? That's the kind of biochemistry we need, not a braindead drug junkie))

"OK, Zach. Medics are here. Think you can call for a clean up crew in. . .  let's say 5 minutes? And see if we can get a count of the dead."
"I can do that." Zach says on team comms before turning to Arthur. "Arthur," he says, throwing him a spare communications headset laying around, "if you want to be of some help you can call for a clean up crew on G16 and G17."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((Since part of our standard kit is gas masks, venom grenades would be a rather useful thing for crowd control. Although probably best to make sure it isn't a contact poison. Otherwise we'd need a hazmat suit.))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

((I was thinking we use it to 'commandeer' competing company's vehicles. If we put someone in a hazmat suit with something similar to a flamethrower... If it isn't skin-contact then we would need to maybe mix it with an acid that melts through the skin so the nerve stuff can work.))
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seeing as Zach found some notes on the Poison and it's project, it seems like the Venom from 001Actual have been extracted, studied on, attempted to replicate and of course, weaponized. There already exist Classified files on a project for a new less-lethal weapon aimed to capture Denizens  and subjects alive using tunsgten darts soaked in 001's poison delivered by miniature Gauss system. Compressed air for the softer targets such as common rushers and such.

Foxhound is due to get one for the next mission!!

You feel like you've just learned something that you weren't supposed to learn until afterwards.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((My thinking is if it was inhalation based, it could be great for commandeering. If it was a contact poison it would be.. Difficult to utilize once the toxic residue settles. Even harder to purge for selling. Acid would cause degradation of the vehicle most likely.))

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

[Whoever reads this just input a mental picture of me backhanding the haters with words]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:57:33 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((My character is reacting the same way any sane person would. As is everyone else. If you find such obnoxious then you probably should be reevaluating.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[Awww.. :c I was really looking forward to the challenge of fitting Frazz into Foxhound, I'm sure that they'll grow onto them after some time. Vigil was pretty crazy and suicidal at the begining too for being a Melee guy in this game. Are you sure you want to resign?]

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

((If you can find some real way to fit him in, I'll have no issue until he actually puts someone in danger. If he gets himself killed, that's his business, but I will be pissed if he causes an otherwise avoidable death.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Wait no, like hell I'm resigning. This thread is AWESOME. Anyway, I'm deleting the post now. Twinwolf, thank you for acknowledging the remote possibility that i am not a bipolar schizophrenic.))

((Also, can i have the poison/tranq gun? That seems tailor-made for my job description))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:58:59 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Seeing as Zach found some notes on the Poison and it's project, it seems like the Venom from 001Actual have been extracted, studied on, attempted to replicate and of course, weaponized. There already exist Classified files on a project for a new less-lethal weapon aimed to capture Denizens  and subjects alive using tunsgten darts soaked in 001's poison delivered by miniature Gauss system. Compressed air for the softer targets such as common rushers and such.

Zach ... Classified files

Zachary + classified files = Zach + open files

While I'm still in the systems, look into the equipment we are being assigned next mission.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:08:15 pm by Insanegame27 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Also, can i have the poison/tranq gun? That seems tailor-made for my job description))
((You only have a single point in Medium and Small Arms. It doesn't really make sense to give you a weapon that is focused on precision (and we only get one for now). While the fact that it's using miniaturized gauss tech means it's probably not Heavy, it still means that everyone else is still much better at hitting things than Frazz. If it's rifle-sized, then our NPC sniper is a better choice. If it's pistol-like, then even Jon is a better choice. In other words, while it does seem tailor-made for your job description, it isn't tailor-made to your skills. And skills are more important.))

((Hell, the weapon could just sit in our vehicles until we actually need it. Once we thin out a horde of Rushers down to single digits, we shoot one or two with the 'tranqs' and kill off the rest.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Zachery

It looks like they haven't exactly decided what Foxhounds will get yet, so there's nothing to be found.

Things are calming, people are being taken to the Infirmary and Aria will probably be getting her new leg attached soon. You can also expect to hear praises from the higher ups too, maybe. Or they could scold you for hacking their system, or both. But you'll get a talking with them soon enough.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Fair Enough)
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 612