Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391183 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Combat capable squaddies. Move out. We're getting our gear from the armory with or without permission. We do after all have a gauss pistol to destroy the door if need be."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Several others from other squads have already moved out towards the Armory while Foxhound gathered their things and followed in, arriving at the Floor's Security room, you see the officers there handing MAG assault rifles to the lighter squads, picking them out of sturdy-looking lock cases that came with it's own spare magazines of ammo.

Foxhound got flagged down over to the Armory access, which have already been opened, and ushered inside. "Grab your things and get ready by the Elevator, we're picking up other teams along the way." The quartermaster said.

Jenny picked out some of her AP rounds, while Maximus gets them fancy Sabot shotgun rounds, having experienced with Denizen 001 before to know that high explosive is not only a bad idea to use inside an underground building, but also not that effective against 001.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Aria grabs her Gauss Rifle, and it's ammunition. Seriously, she was starting to feel naked without it, with how many times it'd saved her ass recently.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Vigil just request a Gauss pistol anyway, and a helmet for his uniform.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tal addresses the nearby generic squads. "Attention. We will be putting down a lesser version of Denizen 001 that the imbeciles in the labs thought was a good idea to clone. It's still a baby so those assault rifles you have might do a tiny bit of damage. Don't count on it however. Do not enter melee range. If it rushes you, run or you will die. The only things that will do enough damage to matter are extremely high caliber Ballistic weapons, Gauss weapons, Explosives, and potentially the recently developed Laser Weapon Prototypes. Denizen 001 did not demonstrate ranged capability during the initial Foxhound engagement. However we did not give it a chance. Denizen 001's child may indeed be capable of ranged attacks. The worst thing you can do when you see it is not shoot. If you are under the influence of mind numbing, pants shitting terror. Point and shoot. At the very least it will buy you an extra second. I'm formally recommending that the Quartermaster begin handing out Explosives and Gauss Pistols. Said pistols most definitely will do more damage then assault rifles you're passing around. Any Gauss weapon will."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The quartermaster look rather serious at that request. "They only gave a Gauss pistol per floor, R&D isn't churning them out fast enough." He said, but agrees that handing out explosives will be a good idea and cracked open the grenades box to hand out Frag and High-explosive grenades.

Vigil also got his Helmet as requested.

Since Foxhound is the most senior squad on this floor, you can choose who to give the remaining one Gauss Pistol to. And if you want, R&D lab is at G15, you could stop by and grab the prototype weapon if you think it's needed and the other floors have some times, the generic squads will listen to your direction.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Then I'm recommending handing out the heaviest weapons you have should you lack Gauss. Middle Caliber Ballistic will do very little against Denizen 001."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, save for specific squad equipments, the MAG assault rifle is about the heaviest thing they have for the generic squads.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like someone in management needs a yelling at.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Zachary keeps monitoring the beast's progress.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Vigil shoots Zachary an email asking him to hook his HUD up to the monitors, so he can have a heads up if their prey is at a corner.
"If you don't mind, I am going to stick with my swords and little pea shooter, here. I rather not shoot anyone in the back, and I am more useful to you guys, if we are in a corner, than your guns are."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Vigil shoots Zachary an email asking him to hook his HUD up to the monitors, so he can have a heads up if their prey is at a corner.
"If you don't mind, I am going to stick with my swords and little pea shooter, here. I rather not shoot anyone in the back, and I am more useful to you guys, if we are in a corner, than your guns are."
((Zachary DOES have access to team comms. Emails take longer than talking))
"Negative on using your sword and peashooter Vigil. Entering melee range of that thing is suicide, even for you. The people cloning the thing may also have bioengineered it to be faster, stronger and have sharper blades than the original. Like what a character called Mewtwo did in a show I used to watch. Keep your sword and that way if you do down the thing you can behead it as a trophy. I know your skill level, but that thing could whoop your arse in a brute strength contest any day, so your sword travelling at typical swinging speed will likely be knocked clean through you against its massively larger scythe travelling at a likely much greater speed."

"Everyone else, I'm working on getting you a minimap on your HUDs if you have them, updating in real time. If you want a camera feed as well, just tell me and I'll see what I can do."

Do the above
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile

(Holy shit things got moving while I was at the convention)

If I may, i'll take the other pistol sir as I will do shit all with my Smg and I'm not nearly proficient enough with the mag rifle yet. Also if we have the explosives why don't we set a little surprise for it when it busts through the door sir??
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

(Holy shit things got moving while I was at the convention)

If I may, i'll take the other pistol sir as I will do shit all with my Smg and I'm not nearly proficient enough with the mag rifle yet. Also if we have the explosives why don't we set a little surprise for it when it busts through the door sir??

"Good idea, but it may be through before we get to it"
Check its progress
IF (it is not looking like it is going to take a while} {
     "I would advise you to set up claymores, but for the love of God remember which side goes towards the enemy"
}

"As soon as this nightmare is over I am formally requesting to the up-aboves that we enforce a ban on cloning anything bigger than a golf cart, with lethal force authorised for use on offenders. On another note, the News is going to be all over us however this goes down. Channel Eight is going to have a bloody field day. If this thing gets out to the public shoddynot being the guy who talks to the news about it."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"My recommendation would have been cloning offsite. Or potentially in a Conquered Zone."
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 612