Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391100 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only throwing weapons available are the discarded Broomsticks.

It is evident to the outside watchers on who is more skilled with their stick than the other, and while Zachery did get a few practice with his knife, it wasn't like a sword.

And Vigil have once nearly died training with his sword, so the man's a definite hardcore.

Not to mention the difference in endurance, Melee wasn't supposed to take so long, and it's already taking a toll on the IT Tech who never had to train, fight and run as if his life depended on it.

While Zachery is becoming winded, Vigil, who have even been practicing earlier, weren't even close to being winded yet. Train to an inch of one's life and any other training after that would feel like a cake-walk indeed.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

And it only took a heartbeat, as he found the opening he was looking for. He closed in with his guard up before coming just close enough to faint an attack, near the edge of his weapons range. He followed up, giving no time for his opponent to pull up his block, by ducking down and using all the strength available in his muscles for a long roll, right under the sword arm. As Vigil popped back up, he noticed that he over shot it. Only one leg was close enough, not both. So he swung at the knee. Not enough to brake it, but enough that it would buckle, and he would fall, as he moved the stick into position to lay gently across his now exposed neck.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

"Nearly got ya" Zach says grinning and offers the other person a handshake
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Right. Almost. You have a bit of a ways to go before an almost. You are going to need to know how to hold a sword in the first place, and which one works for which circumstance, but," Vigil does accept the hand shake, and makes it really firm.
"If you really want to learn, that can bee worked out with time. But I am going to have to start with the basic basics first. You need a sword. A real on. And be prepared to die training."
If that doesn't scare to boy away, he might actually train him.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arthur wakes up.

You're not sure if he likes this new state of consciousness..

There's a dull ache everywhere, your back and spine feels extremely stiff and your arms and legs feel like they're jelly and there's no strength in it at all. Your eyes were blurry for a moment, but after a while you regain the gifts of sight once again and find yourself inside the Foxhound's room.

There's a small built-in IV drip hanger and bag just above you where you rest in one of the in-wall bed capsules,

There's Aria still playing Half Life 3, having the time of her life.

There's Tal still writing the mission report.

There's also Jenny lounging along with Zander.

Maximus have also been returned to the room and is enjoying some complimentary snacks.

Vigil is no where to be found, probably training his little black ass off again.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile

Zander is actually not in the room he was out watching the "fight" and I step into the room. Hey Vigil why don't show the kid a real fight. Taking off his coat and shirt Zander picks up one of the longer Broomsticks and readies himself.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arthur tries to look over Tal's shoulder to see the progress on the report. He fails unfortunately and once again returns to his fate as a paraplegic.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

If Arthur was actually able to check. He would see it is partway done.

((It's mostly done. Delays are mainly somehow sleeping all day yesterday and general holiday stuffs.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Zachary is willing to train as hard as he can (although not until he dies, he's not that militarised yet). He is also willing to share his knowledge of knife throwing with the team
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vigil nodded at the Zachary and then turned his attention to his new challenger.
"You know, if you wanted a real fight, you would have pulled out a real sword. But, a training spar would do, I guess." With that he calmly picked up the short and arm length sized broom sticks, welding both. One in each hand.
"I hope you can put up a good match."
And he readied himself, taking a defensive stance, waiting to counter the first strike.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

It seems that unless someone were to physically pull her off the computer, Aria is not moving any time soon.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile

Well I'd hate to cut that chiseled body you have. Zander says grinning wildly and seeing Vigils duel wielding, Stephen with his foot launches up into his other hand the shorter broomstick.

Zander is going to test Vigils defense at first knowing him to be the better swordsman. Zander knows he's going to have to get close with his CQC if he wants to win, and will try to and get close to Vigil disarming and putting him at sword point or broom point.

*Edit
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 07:22:50 pm by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are a few things to factor into this spar,

While Vigil is very much a more skillful Swordsman and could pace himself better, he had been practicing before even Zach came to challenge him, and he dueled with Zach before Zander here challenged him, so it wouldn't be surprising for other people to guess that maybe Vigil is already going to be winded before the spar starts, or at least warmed up while Zander is still fresh.

And unlike Zach, who's an IT Tech guy and practiced knife as a hobby, Zander was a Farmshand cowboy, so his endurance and strength is definitely going to be somewhat better than Zach's. He might not be as skilled in his Broomanship, but he's definitely got the strength to make each parry and block of his strikes be tiring, and the endurance to deliver many of those strikes.

The battle can go either way! It's really interesting. So much that Maximus have came to join in watching the spar, maybe wanting a turn himself later.

It have came to Tal's attention that Aria have been playing Half Life 3 for the past 10 hours and haven't ate or drank anything, she really should eat or drink something lest she collapse on the computer.

Aria have finished half of the game! And by the seven gods is it amazing. Definitely worth the century wait.

Aria's gained a temporary perk 'Tons-o-Joy.' Until the next mission finishes, Aria will be immune to boredom and sadness. She can keep herself entertained just by thinking about the missions and things she did in the game and stay focused on a task indefinitely, until the perk wears off of course.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Aria. Food. Now."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

"One more encounter..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 612