Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning  (Read 8631 times)

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2015, 03:32:41 pm »

Managone turned to his fellows, "You have helped me greatly. We have together defeated a powerful enemy and each gained in strength because of it. I shant forget this, and perhaps we could continue to work together in the future

Managone rested his scythe across his shoulder and turned to his new friends, "This jungle is not a place which suites me. Its plants and creatures are not of the same make as I am. Please take it in its entirety as your own. It is my thanks to you as a new friend and ally. It is not a place in which I belong. Managone looked sad for a moment before speaking again, "What plans have you friends?"

I AM WHOLE! Kakarix screamed, filled with the essence of the Suitor. Nothing he ever felt, nothing he even imagined could have prepared him to this new experience. Life became him and he became life. One body was not enough, no form could have represented life itsef. So Kakarix split his body. No more Voidborn, he became a swirling vortex of beings. Insects, bacteria, leafs,eyes, claws, teeth ,wings and fins, the organic tornado that his body became included something from every creature on the planet.

Than, when the transformation was complete he turned to Managone and Cyddenye thank you brother and thank you Cyddenye. I too hope that this will be the first of many successfull collaborations. The word of Managone however gave him pause for a moment.  What was he going to do next. He would have been content to frolic in this new world, observing the life growing untouched, but he knew that would have been a terrible waste .So he began to think. There was something that was missing, something that he couldn't find in all the mortal life in the planet. Tought. The gods were the only ones able to think, while the mortal life was still purposeless potential. But this was a problem easily solved. " i understand your need to leave, Managone, but please, do not hurry. There is something i want to show you first.

So Kakarix coalesced, squeezing his new form into a much smaller space. At the center, he created three new beings, identical. Big as a fox, with a green, scaled skin, with six legs with small, prehensile hand and compound eyes, omnivore and unspecialized teeth and a short tail. These creatures could walk on six, four our two legs and were ermaphrodite, male and female at the same time and they could reproduce alone or in pair . But their most impressive ability was the ability to change. They could absorb the dna of everything they eat and adapt quickly to new enviroments. Their short lifespans, no more than twenty years ensured that they couldn't adapt to everything, but they could transmit their adaptations to their descendants.

Tired but happy Kakarix said. These are my Vorchen. They can change to adapt to almost anything, as long as something in my domain alredy has. And, most of all they can think, just like us. Please, take one if you want, they are my gift for you. Just, don't let them forget their father, as i will not make mine forget about you.  Than he  spoke to the Vorchen (ensuring not to damage their minds by becoming a simple swarm of insect) left: My children, this world is yours to taste.I am your father Kakarix, who created you with the help of my brother Managone and goddes from Beyond, Cyddenye. Grow. Change. Adapt. And remember.

With these commandments he left them and retreated into the forest, eager to see what his children would have become.

Kakarix create three sapient Vorchen and offer one to each god that helped him, keeping one for himself. They can adapt by eating other living beings(if they eat plants they become slow and photosintetics, if they eat fishs they grow gills). He instructs them so that they will worship all three of the gods that destroyed the Suitor, but of course they will worship primarly him.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:26:05 pm by Leonardo8 »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2015, 07:07:44 pm »

Tellorus looks around the desolate landscape of the parched pole in despair.  No works of intelligence, no works of nature, just a blasted land burned flat by runaway power.  Tears form on the statue's serpentine eyes, quickly evaporated in the burning heat.

This will not do.

He reappears next to a magma shore, blasted glass on one side, lifeless sandy desert on another with a sea of molten rock before him.  Tellorus reaches out, grief turning into inspiration. 

With one hand he smashes the volcanic glass plains, creating shattered valleys and upraised ridges, with another he sweeps away the sand, some into the magma sea, some into the newly formed glass lands.  A hand reaches out to pour magma out into the lands, great flows rushing out of the molten sea then shaped like clay by a fourth hand as they cool into ridges, hills and pillars.  A fifth hand secrets treasures of the earth in and under the lands as they form, minerals and crystal formations waiting to be plucked and shaped.  Lastly the staff is held aloft as he works, beating a rhythm and directing the smashing, sweeping, flowing and shaping.

Soon a land has formed at the edge of the parched pole, one of rugged landforms of glass, sand and cooled magma.  Razor sharp hills, secret valleys and hidden caves dot the landscape.  Everything could have been created by natural forces, but not in the short time this took.

A land of natural and deadly beauty to drive the imagination, these will be the shattered lands.

Create the shattered lands in the parched pole.  It is a land of glass, sand and rock with lots of native magma rivers and lakes.  Created by what appears to be violent primeval forces, it is mineral rich in many areas.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2015, 07:37:44 pm »

Have I committed sin or have I carried out justice? My memories are not clear, as vague as ever...who was this poor creature? And what monsters have I brought into the world?

"I thank you for your gift Kakarix; I shall certainly find use for it...but I have a proposal for you...and Managone as well."

This one. This one has sinned; he hides from his fate.

"I sense a creature within the sea; a creature of power. it hides from its fate, one it knows all too well has been long coming. We ought slay it and take its power for its own."

See if my consumption of the Suitor has provided me any knowledge on who he was.
Use a Divine Essence to create Ilgyad, a divine raven familiar who will act as Cyddenye's eyes, ears and claws.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2015, 12:09:53 pm »

"I sense a creature within the sea; a creature of power. it hides from its fate, one it knows all too well has been long coming. We ought slay it and take its power for its own."

I will join you in that hunt in a moment. For now there is another who I must confront. A being of stone and knowledge who has slain one of our own. I thirst for revenge of my fellow and for the secrets of the earth. I desire the power to cleave the depths and rend canyons across this land. I wish to create caverns so that life may take root deep within the earth. This is my next goal, but I fear that I require the power of the Forgotten. It is for this reason that I have crafted myself this blade. It shall plow the beast like a farmer in a field, and from its corpse life shall spring forth. Who knows, perhaps I may find the soul of my brother who died at the hands of the beast.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2015, 08:38:04 pm »

"Perhaps then, we ought hunt this Forgotten you seek?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2015, 11:46:45 pm »

Well, Vexes have find what they are looking for. Now what? What the point of them being here again? Oh right, to fufil their curiosity. As the emotion subside, another one fills it place, a new desire. This time it is more physical, the desire to consume and be fulfilled.

Vexes start creeping closer and consume the Hidden. Then they flare out and seek more to sate their hunger.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2015, 08:27:58 am »

It is something that I must do, his power is needed to build myself a place in this world and to finally let life take root. If you so desire, accompany me.

Managone, after creating a scythe to slay the Forgotten goes to do just that. He is accompanied by his Vorchen and his new brothers-in-arms (If they do decide to come.)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2015, 08:35:49 am »

Accompany Managone on the Hunt. Use Ilgyad as well.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2015, 09:57:33 am »

I agree with Managone, the creation of my vorchen was quite taxing and some nourishment can only help. Allow me to take a more adapt form...

Sayig that Kakarix changed, assumming his war form. No more a chaotic vortex, he became the incarnation of the very struggle for survival. Huge insectoid mandibles, sharp talons an hardened scales, every weapon produced by natural evolution appeared on him. But he knew that wasn't enough. This were weapons to challenge animals, while he needed a weapon to challege gods. So he created a small amulet, a golden scarab of exquisite workmenship, floating around his head. A golden glow surrounded his natural weapons, makig them as lethal as Managone's scythe.
now we can go

Kakarix create the golden scarab, an amulet that makes the natural weapons of his possessor powerful as a divine weapon and then goes with Managone and cyddenye to slain the Forgotten.If we absorb some of his aspect i try to focus on the "earth fertility" one. Meanwhile my vorchen stays in my forest, developing and reproducing.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2015, 03:22:27 pm »

The memory of the pursuit, of the hunt, of the hunger. The imprints of the scent and of the smell of the prey... yes, these were coming back, filling him with beautiful purpose. The dance of life and death contained in the pursuit of prey.

Hestall stretched and flexed in his corporeal form, a tall being encased in dark iron, with a crown of spikes and a silverish mask, staring blanly with dark eyes. His bellow filled the swamp and shook the plains. his gaze swept the misty place and he took a sharp breath, smelling and tasting the air.

"Ahh... prey. I remember you, even though you have Forgotten. You and the other six, yet I recall all of you. It is time."

He gathered his power that swelled within, and reached out to the stone pillars. From them, he wrought a great bow, and fashioned mighty arrows, each as great as he, and imbued those with his power. This would be a mighty weapon of the Hunt and those wielding it, would know the skill and precision of the Hunter himself.

Create the Bow of Hestall. It is a ranged weapon of unparalleled accuracy and range, regardless of the wielder, capable of piercing all but the mightiest of armors and scales. Use 1 divine power.

With such might in his hands, Hestall stalked the one who seeped the memories and power, the one he was created, or rather resurrected from. The Forgotten was now remembered and that would spell his demise.

Hestall stalks the Forgotten using his skill and tracks him down. He observes him for now, but is ready to strike, if something happens.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2015, 08:12:00 pm »

Nilonix

Nilonix was quite vexed. He had consumed the book, partaken in it's contents, felt its essence come into Nilonix's being, and it was good, yet there was still one thing missing. As Nilonix floated away from the land of crystal, Nilonix realized what Nilonix still needs; substance.
Looking around for a being with such substance that Nilonix could easily consume, Nilonix saw the Forgotten. And the various beings trying to kill it.

Nilonix knew that the Forgotten was a being of earth. What better substance than the immovable mountain, or the unyielding boulder? Nilonix wishes to consume a small bit of the Forgotten; just enough to sate his hunger.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2015, 04:44:15 pm »

That is not dead...

We were the first. The first to be created by the Gods. What we saw was cataclysmic, how we survived these early days...i have no idea. It was on the first day of our creation that the Great Father took us to the hunt.

The Prey was one of the last of the Great Old Ones. As i later learned he belonged to beings of immense power, older than the gods themselves. The Forgotten they had named him. And we three, so forlorn among the mighty watched in awe as they fashioned weapons of immense power. First among them was Managone, the God of Life and Death, with his two-headed Scythe, the sheer malice oozing from it frightens me to this day...weapons should not be intelligent, but this one was and it craved. The Great Father himself, carried the Golden Scarab, an artifact of terrible power
and finally the third, the mother of war, Cyddenye and her eternal companion, Ilgyad the Devourer of the slain.

These four great beings set forth and brought us along. Like dust corns next to giants we watched as these titans waged war upon the Forgotten. And then he joined. The Dark Hunter, Hestall. His mighty bow bringing deadly though upon the Forgotten. The earth shook, the great pillars breaking like matches around that mighty battle, lightning, decay, death and life, energies beyond comprehension flared and died. The Forgotten, shook under the assault, even in his magnificent and terrible splendor, his kilometers of size and his indomitable strength couldn't stand against the wrath of our gods. And finally it fell. The earth tore open and i knew the end of my short life come, but the power of the gods protected us, to witness, to see and we saw, standing in awe at such power unleashed. We fell to our knees and our digestive glands wept in awe.

The Scene however was interrupted by the Vulture, the one known as Nilonix, the God of Carrion, the Thief. He took what he could snapping up the crumbs left behind by the others.

------------------------

In those days the Writhing Sea was more chaotic than ever, two gods fighting for it, Voidspawn against ancient one, a titanic clash, causing spring floods along the coast of all the worlds...in the end it calmed as black fluid filled the sea for weeks afterwards, a Voidspawn dragged into the dark depths never to be seen again...

---------------------

The Night Sky was aglitter with a million tiny beings chasing the Hidden one, however old ones are crafty and dangerous. One by one or rather thousands by thousands they started to fade and vanish their power helpless against the ancient hidden one. Another Voidspawn devoured by the titans.

------------------------

In the far North the Gods of Knowledge set to work on the Parched Pole. Using his new powers Tellorus sets to work on the Shattered Lands, basically the same biome than the parched pole however instead of its random features it has a far wilder beauty to it, and is more mineral rich to boot.

As the lands of the North are shaped to the gods will, another sets to fight the Parched. Karokassa decides to meet the Parched head-on and alone. A fatal decision. While now imbued with the Powers of Creation, she finds that every destructive act now weakens her. Even worse the lack of her Voidspawn form makes her inferior to the massive might of the Parched. IN a Cataclysmic Battle Karokassa is wiped from the surface of this universe.

The death throes of the Goddess awaken yet another being, Thīkutzuden, the Book. 

Karokassa has been killed by the Parched

Vexes has been killed by the Hidden

Nogis has been killed by the Hunted

Thikutzuden has awoken.

Tellorus creates the shattered lands

The Forgotten has been killed

Spoiler:  The Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ancients (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Nameless (click to show/hide)

Civilizations of the Nameless

Spoiler:  The Vorchen People (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Extinct (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:27:20 am by Ghazkull »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2015, 06:30:11 pm »

Another ancient being slain. Another danger removed from this world. The world grows safer and safer with every action. We grow stronger as well. We three, life, earth, and artificial life. This world is being shaped slowly by our hands. We have come this place as shadows and now walk it as slayers of those who hold iron dominion over it. This world will one day be fit for mortals.... I thank you friends for aiding me in this battle. Truly this was my fight and I know you did not have to come. I pledge to follow you into your battles as you have accompanied me into mine. I thank you.

I ask, what shall we do now?

While we plan our next move I create my race. They have no name of their own as I see them as my children. They are simply the Managonians.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2015, 09:21:37 pm »

Thīkutzuden takes form: The god looks like a book with paper arms and legs, pages overlapping and twisting to form them. The spine of the book is actually a human spine made out of paper in a similar manner to its arm. The cover sports two paper eyes paper glasses. Thīkutzuden lacks eyebrows and eyelids so the only movement to be seen there are its ink pupils. The cover's words changes font, color and size depending on its mood, as well as the color and material of the entire cover. The cover's title is Thīkutzuden the Complete History of Everything. When it thinks it writes words in an unreadable languages throughout its body.
Thīkutzuden attempts to get its bearings, it knew by the screams that awoke it that it needed to find allies if it wanted to accomplish anything. It would need power and essence to accomplish its goals, but this is all it knew.
So Thīkutzuden decided before trying to begin recording the history and knowledge of the universe, to find the so called 'Titan Hunters' and see if it could join them. A world with less dangers, might be less exciting, but is necessary for Thīkutzuden  to carry out his job as the Book, Thīkutzuden.
Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
The great books pages open, and words in a calm lovely font appear, "Hello, I am Thīkutzuden, Keeper of Knowledge. The great beasts of this place hold great power, that I both fear and sought after, I was wondering if you three were the rumored 'Titan Hunters', and if so, if there was any possibility for a humble Book to assist."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2015, 05:12:25 am »

Nilonix

Nilonix reveled in his new power. Finally, Nilonix's hunger was satisfied, power drawn from knowledge enhanced with the stability of rock. But already, Nilonix could feel another desire. This time, it was not as destructive as Nilonix's crave before, in fact it was the very opposite; the yearning to create. Once, Nilonix was hollow, but now-

I am whole.

The declaration was spoken in nonsensical gibberish, yet all who heard it automatically knew the meaning behind the words. Nilonix used it's new-found power to create itself, well, itself. Nilonix envisioned itself; For the top, a glowing, blue and faceless humanoid created from constantly moving and changing words, holding forbidden knowledge that could drive insane those who looked too closely for their own good. Below it was a fleshy and bulbous mass, dark as pitch and covered with constantly appearing and disappearing eyes staring at every direction. This was supposed to be it, however, Nilonix did dark things to gain it's power, and that treachery would stain Nilonix's being until Nilonix was no more.

On Nilonix's back were wings, made out of the same substance as his lower half, complete with the countless eyes. On the tip of each of Nilonix's wings were talons, every one having eight toes pointing forward and two pointing backward, constantly trying to grab something, and not letting go when something is given to them unless under command by their master. And instead of a faceless and humanoid head, a blue crow head looked around at the gods and goddesses surrounding him.

My apologies for not contributing anything to your great battle, but I must be off. Farewell. Saying this, Nilonix turned around and flapped his wings once before flying back towards the Crystal Plains. A singular bit of power was all well and good, but Nilonix knew it needed more.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8