Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning  (Read 8630 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 08:13:12 am »

Vexes feel the disturbance, feeling the presence nearby. They want to chase, to find out what is peaking their interest. But no, that are not going to seek it out, they are going to remain still and let whatever that peak their interest approaches them.

Vex wait patiently for something to happen.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 04:16:20 am »

Tellorus

Tellorus shifts and expands, impossible multidimensional shapes form in the air to distort the light and shadows of the blasted crystal lands.

Well this feels different.  I suppose I should thank you, though I see you sated yourself there as well.  I am Tellorus, and I feel the need to create great things, this land here seems well suited to my needs, I guess.

A pact then?  As fellows created from the same source.  This form feels too strange, hold on a  moment.

The impossible form translates down to the remains of the scholars works, blasted tomes and strange, twisted recording devices.  All get swept up in the multidimensional distortions, turning into a great whirlwind of papers that quickly condense into a single point where a single book now forms, hard cover of notched green crystal and sheets of paper like spun glass.

The book falls to the crystal formations below as it consumes the workplace of the scholar, threatening to shatter on the surface when a light blue crystal clawed hand bursts forth, catching the tome with a gentle motion.

Three more hands, then arms, burst forth, pulling up out of the crystal a tall humanoid with a  fanged snake head and six arms, the lower body is still stuck in the crystal, resembling a tree trunk.  He is made all of the same translucent light blue crystal.

He holds the bound book in his hand towards the other new god.

A gift.  It holds the knowledge collected by the old world, the one we never knew, and it may yet collect more.

Create the Tome of Ancient Knowledge.  It contains the works and library of The Scholar condensed into a form readable only to a god.  Mortals studying it will be informed, inspired or driven mad, probably all three.  It can copy new works as well, but is drawn to acquire old or almost forgotten information.  It looks fragile but is quite durable.

Offer the Tome to Karokassa.

Form a physical body out of blue crystal as described above.  It is not actually bound to one spot but looks like it grew naturally out of the ground.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 04:47:57 am »

Nilonix

Nilonix looks upon the world, wanting something incomprehensible, something not understandable. Where to look, for this strange something? In order to look, one must comprehend, yet something like that is the very opposite of what Nilonix is looking for.

Contemplating this, Nilonix moves around the world, before stopping before a land of crystal, each one holding some forbidden secret. Perhaps what he is looking for? Moving further into the land, he sees a book. The book contains knowledge. The book contains insanity. The book contains incomprehensibility.

Nilonix knows this is what Nilonix is looking for. All of it, given form in a single tome. Nilonix wants the book. Nilonix must have the book!

Consume Tellorus' Tome of Ancient Knowledge.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 05:14:49 am »

Kakarix saw the maiden running and the jungle growing. Is this what i want to be? i want death...or life?. He decided for life. Death was one, etenally still. Life was endless and everchanging. This is what he wanted to be. But he couldn' t do it  alone. And if the subtle way didn0t help perhaps it was time for a more direct approach.

He left the Maiden running and rapidly approached the other voidborn. " Brother i know you want to taste the Being that smells of life. I can help you. Alone we may fail but together he will have no chance. And It's clerly big enough to sate both of us. So will you satisfy your hunger with me?" .

Try to convince Managone to attack the Suitor together. If he accepts than attack the suitor, trying to take him by surprise and only whenhis attention is alreday focused on Managone. If he does't accept the help than extend the consciousness, looking for other opportunities. 

The Mother spoke. "Child of the Void. I hear your call. Though it is not I you sought, I do offer my aid. Would you accept, oh young creature?"

Cyddenye felt guilt at orchestrating the death of such a creature but she knew in her heart that such a minor sin would lead to greater goodness.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2015, 09:58:50 am »

Karokassa

The goddess was gratified. Her greatest desire, was hers. Her craving, satiated, more than she would have ever thought possible. Her hunger was filled, and yet still burned. She was complete now. And yet, not.

"My humblest gratitudes. A fine gift you offer, and one I accept gladly. I believe I will make a gift of my own, to us both. But first..."

Her form shifts. It is imperceptible at first, seemingly nothing more than a trick of the light; nothing where there should be something. The utter lack of light, rather than mere reflection or even glow. Until it takes on form. It takes shape, darkness condensing into blackened crystals until the outline of a humanoid form takes shape there. Brightly shining sigils and glyphs etch themselves into the crystals, as the darkness begans to wrap around the figure. Runes and symbols, like ash floating through air, pack themselves tightly as they orbit the crystals, giving further definition to the goddess' new appearance. A feminine form, with nine fingers on each hand and a head with three faces, inky eyes piercing all they survey.

"I am Karokassa, and I seek the knowing of all things. This book is as fine a gift as I may have ever asked, and it deserves a gift of it's own in return. I will make something for us to share, and something for me to give."

The shadowed figure plucks a finger off of her left hand, and an eye from one face. The return of both is easy to miss considering the uniformity of color across her body, silhouette available only by the glowing internals illuminating text and rune. The latter she casts into the ground; the former, she kisses gently.

The finger curls into a ball before stretching into a rod, of dark crystal void of embellishment or decoration, save for an orb-like shape at one end, and a gradual taper into a blunt, thinner end at the other. This she hands to Tellorus.

"A channel for your power. A device for you to create with. It is empty; a blank slate, at the moment. But any design, any creation placed into it, is held there long after it has been made, to be used again and again, kept record. What you desire to place into it, will be placed and kept. You give me that which is utterly full; I give you that which is utterly empty. You have given me the means to access past of this world, and I would assist you in altering the future of it."

The eye, when it reaches the ground, however, sinks in. The ground around it blackens, veins of darkness spreading across the land like contagion, each searching for a particular location, where a particular crystal lies. Lesser lines spread out from these, connecting the nearest crystals to them, which begin to shrink, as the central ones begin to rise. Spires of crystal, in particular forms, take shape. As they rise, their shade deepens, though not entirely blackening as the crystal of the Rod or the Goddess, as the ground returns to it's original color. The spires final appearance becomes clear as the last of the crystals surrounding them sink into the earth, drained to form the final work. Massive creations, nigh painful to look at for all but a god, in particular shapes, with a certain non-euclidean perfection to their geometry. Near their crowns, smaller crystals, in various shapes, orbit their structure. The Pillars of Revelation were complete.

"Knowing is half the battle. And I hope to know much. Already, the Pillars tell me that the Burning Elder is weakened. They who are called The Parched. The fires of creation, and the illumination to knowledge, are open to us, my friend. Would you aid me in ending the eternal agony of such a creature?"

Form a physical body as described above

Create the Void Stave. It is a channeling device meant to allow easy amplification of power used via it, and allow the perfect replication of creations created through it. It is also quite easy to add more power to, due to it's nature being that of emptiness and holding things, though it was originally meant to be at least partly to record knowledge.

Give the Void Stave to Tellorus.

Create the Pillars of Revelation. They are many things; laboratories, observation posts, watchtowers, spy-glasses, and more. linked to Karokassa, they continuously stream knowledge, learning about the world, and it's secrets. They can also be used in a more specific capacity, to uncover what is hidden, search for what is lost, analyze the unknown, or conduct experiments to discover what has yet to be learned.

Prevent Nilonix from eating my gift.

"I would ask your aid first, though, in preventing this miserable feeder from consuming your creation, if I might."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 12:51:07 pm »

Kakarix was very disappointed: his brother, the one the more than anyone should have understdood his hunger totally ignored him. Ok, he was weakened, but he was still far from useless! He was thnking what to do next when he heard a voice.

"Child of the Void. I hear your call. Though it is not I you sought, I do offer my aid. Would you accept, oh young creature?"

The creature that spoke was different from anything kakarix saw before: nota voidborn, not a mortal, not a titan. She was something completely different, she was what he wished to be: a god.  She, unlike his brother understood his situation. His joy was overwhelming.
Thank you for your help, i gladly accept your offer. I promise, when i'll have your powers i will find a way to pay my debt. I do not forget favours.  he said, swirlig to corrupt as many bacteria as possible, ready to attack the Suitor together with his new ally.

Attack the Suitor with Cyddenye. My tactics remain unchanged.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2015, 12:40:21 am »

Tellorus

A hand quickly reaches out and rather rudely, even for a gift, takes the staff from Karokassa.

A pact made then, let us bring new and wondrous things into this world.

The staff is held up to the mouth of the serpent head and it opens to begin singing, an ominous lullaby, words at the edge of hearing.  The sounds reach out and overlap, forming a wall of solid, shifting sound around the two gods.  A second tune of joy, life and energy reaches out, clashing with the first song.  Lines of power form along the edges, distorting and rending space.

Steal from us and we may respond in kind, voidspawn, kin.  Join us and we may offer you what you need, though not what you seek here.

Create a solid wall of discordant music to rend space around the two of us as a protective barrier.  Pass the effect through the Void Staff to record them.  It is defensive and not meant to hurt Nilonix as long as he does not come closer.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2015, 02:22:45 am »

Attack the Suitor but ensure my safety is top priority. Flee if the creature hurts me to a great degree.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2015, 08:28:48 am »

(Completely missed the offer to attack together)

Accept the offer and attack the suitor with them.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2015, 06:29:41 am »

The Hidden, The Hunted and a Widow

Ulth

The Maw opens itself, crooning to the Forgotten...offering him sweet oblivion.

Come through

and the Forgotten comes closer, its singing turning into an odd high-pitched yelping.

Pass beyond and join your brethren

The crooning is increasing...yet somehow the frantic yelping song has something attractive to the maw...it feels the need to forget its hunger, feels drawn towards the Forgotten to forget its hunger if even for a moment...

Let the song pass on

But the song does not pass, it increases, and the maw starts to be drawn towards...no, into the Forgotten as its chittering mandibles are clattering an ever faster staccato-tact.

Forget.

and Ulth forgets. It forgets its hunger, entwining itself with the Forgotten, making its voice stronger and clearer than before with a new, more melancholic note added, hungering for company...

End.

Ulth is gone. The Forgotten has changed too, it looks weakened by the experience but its voice rings out clearly awakening other things...and it is no longer alone.

Hestall

In the long-forgotten plains a being was awoken by the combination of Ulth's hunger and the memories of the Forgotten. Hestall awakes at the poisonous swamps, The Wild Hunt begins once more.

Cyddenye, Kakarix, Managone

As the Suitor sits, he feels something is awry, but it is too late. Voidborn fall upon him and a being he recognized from Ages long past started to devour him. Dragged into a dance with oblivion against his will the Suitor, experienced as he is nonetheless takes the lead, the other gods floundering against his sheer ferocity. Yet even though his power is immense he is worn down by the three gods and finally devoured.

Nogis

Following the Scent proves easy and in the darkest parts of the Writhing Sea you find the Hunted. A beast of magnificent proportions, the dread of every seaman, yet it seems to be eternally running from an inevitable fate. Even as you discover it, even your divine sight is obscured by a black mist ejected towards you.

Vexes

The Air is still, nothing moves...and nothing happens. It seems odd, calm, but finally the senses of the Vexes pick up something...hidden in the air.

Tellorus, Karokassa and Nilonix

Fed by the essence of the Scholar, The God of Knowledge creates a mighty tome, a thing of much wisdom and knowledge, yet such a thing of power takes its toll, imbuing it with the very essence of himself, Tellorus is greatly weakened. Karokassa creates similiar artifacts of power. The Void Stave, though not as potent as the Tome of Knowledge is still a thing of immense power, although it might not be enough to stop Nilonix.

And even as the Void Stave is created, the Pillars of Revelation appear all over The Unnamed , starting to record secrets and arcane knowledge, to which only Karokassa is privy. Same as with the Tome these creations consume a great deal of Karokassas power.

When Nilonix tries to steal the Tome he finds the gods working together, throwing their power at him. But it is not enough. The attack was too sudden for them to muster sufficient power without endangering themselves to the Voidspawn. The Tome is stolen and then consumed by Nilonix. And with that, the first great artifact is destroyed. The result is immediate, a resonance from the tome goes out to the crystals which screech as if in pain before hundreds of them explode, sending shards flying into the sea, creating a reef.

Ulth has been absorbed by the Forgotten

Hestall, the God of the Wild Hunt has been awakened.

The Suitor has been consumed.

The Hidden has been found

The Hunted has been caught

Tellorus creates the Tome of Knowledge, an artifact of Great Power (1 Divine Power, Arcane), which is immediately consumed by Nilonix. The freed up energy creates the Keening Riffs.

Karokassa creates the Void Stave, an artifact of Great Power (1 Divine Power), It is a channeling device meant to allow easy amplification of power used via it, and allow the perfect replication of creations created through it. It is also quite easy to add more power to, due to it's nature being that of emptiness and holding things, though it was originally meant to be at least partly to record knowledge.

Karokassa creates the Pillars of Revelation(1 Divine Power, Knowledge) . They are many things; laboratories, observation posts, watchtowers, spy-glasses, and more. linked to Karokassa, they continuously stream knowledge, learning about the world, and it's secrets. They can also be used in a more specific capacity, to uncover what is hidden, search for what is lost, analyze the unknown, or conduct experiments to discover what has yet to be learned.

Tellorus and Karokassa Fail to stop Nilonix from feasting on the Tome of Knowledge (1 Divine Power each and the Void Stave)

Spoiler:  The Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ancients (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Nameless (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Extinct (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:49:06 pm by Ghazkull »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2015, 08:40:39 am »

Managone turned to his fellows, "You have helped me greatly. We have together defeated a powerful enemy and each gained in strength because of it. I shant forget this, and perhaps we could continue to work together in the future

Managone then uses his essence of form to create his body.  Managone's taken form is that of a towering eyeless humanoid composed of pure white flesh. No hairs or veins or sots defy the white sea that is his body. His muscles are toned and otherwise unremarkable. His head lacks eyes, but has a large terrifying mouth. He has a tongue which can stretch to any length that he occasionally uses with a theatrical flare. His fingers can do the same trick. He does not need eyes to see.

Managone then creates for himself a weapon. A two sided scythe extends from Managone's hand. It's handle is as white and as featureless as Managone. Its first blade was a deep dull grey with an edge sharper than any before it. There was a circle of small holes on handle beneath the blade. Within that blade there was a deep hunger, it desired to kill and eat and sleep. It held all the instincts of a beast and desired to reap flesh unit its hunger was sated. The second blade was a different thing altogether. It was a shiny white, like that of porcelain, and held no such lively instincts. Instead it was alien and intelligent, it did not seek to reap but to sow. Its mindset was incomprehensible and its motives twice as difficult to understand, but here was a blade which desired to mend and create rather than destroy and devour. The entire thing was taller than Managone himself and the blades much longer than he was wide. They had a slight curve to them and were of equal length.

Managone rested his scythe across his shoulder and turned to his new friends, "This jungle is not a place which suites me. Its plants and creatures are not of the same make as I am. Please take it in its entirety as your own. It is my thanks to you as a new friend and ally. It is not a place in which I belong. Managone looked sad for a moment before speaking again, "What plans have you friends?"
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2015, 08:41:54 am »

Nogis attacks the hunted
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2015, 11:02:22 am »

Tellorus

Tellorus turns to Karokassa.

I would have helped willingly get him power, but he steals it, destroys it.  We will have vengeance for this desecration in time.

Tellorus turns to feel the other voidspawn, still seeking desperately.

Should we help the others, join forces with them, or go after fire and earth?

And what is this mother who's voice we have heard.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2015, 11:47:06 am »

"The others will take what they can, and those who survive will be those who are best able to find allies despite their hunger. Leave them, for the moment. I will find how to smother the fire, and we will end the agony of it's existence."

Karokassa uses the pillars, listening to the information they bring her, trying to find the Parched, and more specifically, it's weakness, even as she watches the Voidborn who struck at them in futility for further aggression.

"If you desire, we may find the one I see as the Maiden instead, who hides. I can find her...I know not if the craving can."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2015, 02:15:18 pm »

Death is important, but not a great concern for me.  Fire and substance, let us see what we can wring from the broken of this world before we set about more creation. 

While the voidborn continue to come anything we make will risk desecration, it is my theory that the damaged state of this world is what draws them in.

Staff in hand, Tellorus moves from south to north, growing up a safe distance from The Parched to feel the radiated energy of the ancient thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8