Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning  (Read 8632 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 07:20:44 pm »

The Parched, The Scholar, The Forgotten

In the blazing North the Parched continues in his mad endless quest. For the first time in aeons something has changed however.
A being unknown to him, but in the farthest recesses of his memory besets him. Its cool nothingness allows him to forget his thirst for a moment and he turns to embrace it.

Vorstenn is burnt by the ssearing flames and heat of the parched, fighting the deadly embrace of the creatures power.

He consumes ever faster, like a glutton Icarus embracing the sunlike heat of the being even as he is burnt.

But the embrace of the Parched is strong, in the end, like Icarus, Vorstenn is consumed by the Parched. It's first is slaked for the first time in aeons. It looks around and screams out in endless pain.

The scream of the Parched rings out, awakening something in the darkest recesses of the world. A being whose name is equal to punishment of sins. Cyddenye, the Mother of Sins.

In the east Managone finds lush plains and jungles which grow in quick order and then die. As he follows the scent of life he finds two beings entwined in an eternal dance. One smells of death the other of life. The Suitor and the Maiden.

In the grey plains, Karkarix and Nogis continue to feast upon the matter of the world. Yet it does not go well for them, both feel a sudden wave of weakness, the essenceless sustenance sitting like poison in their ephemeral stomachs.

The changed bacteria of Karkarix are all dying rather quickly. In cases were they come into contact with others of their kind they spread the curse. Yet it is no normal discernible disease it is unnatural, it is the curse of those touched by the void.

Even as they retract into themselves in their pain, Ulth comes unto the plain and feasts on the very sorrow and forgetfulness of the plains, it tastes...delicious. Yet it is only a shadow of what lies below. And in fact upon devouring the forgetfulness a stir goes through the ground. Then a rumble and finally a carapace appears as a being of stone and chitin, of iron and fur surfaces.

It lifts its heavy abdomen and starts vibrating. Shockwaves course through the land...perhaps a kind of communication? But what do you care, its filled to the brim with essence...

Even as Karokassa feasts on the trees, sickened yet still feasting she follows her crave. Away from the Forgotten being, away from the others...south...to the crystal plains. She arrives in time to see an ongoing fight.

As Tellorus arrives on the crystal plains his very senses are assailed. The crystals revebrate upon his passing, telling of experiments, attempts at fixing a long forgotten mistake. Trying to do thing, in the end it devloves into rambling, into prayers for insight and help and then babbling in languages unknown even to a being of the void. As you approach the creature, it stirs as if disturbed in its studies. Its eyes are ripped wide open, quite literally so as they bleed from deep furrows were the iris should be, and an accusing atavistic shriek escapes its throat. Then it plunges upon you.

Cyddenye, the Mother of Sins has awoken, she is not of the Void.
Vorstenn is consumed to slake the thirst of the Parched
The Forgotten has awoken
The Scholar has been disturbed

Spoiler:  The Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ancients (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Nameless (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:48:00 am by Ghazkull »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 07:36:43 pm »

Nogis frowns. All this essence hurts him. Nogis looks at the world, scanning for something he hasn't tried; life.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 09:53:33 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 07:51:10 pm »

Ulth senses a great bounty of essence within the carapace of this great, forgotten beast, and the elemental hunger within her drives her on, but an animal instinct cuts through the simple, pure avarice.  There were things to be eaten (almost everything) and things that lead one to food.  Could this be the latter?

Ulth devours the Confusion between herself and the Forgotten, leaving Meaning in its place.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 08:11:05 pm »

Kakarix felt bad. He never tought this words could go near each other, but he wanted to stop feeling. But he knew that this wasn't possible. Now that he entered the world, the only way to stop feeling would be destruction. And wasns't ready to be destroyed.

Despite the pain saw the results of his changings. The minuscule beings were dying, from a curse he unintentionally inflicted.

He didn't know how to react to this.He had changed something in the universe, but the being themselves stopped changing. They were non-beings now. There was definitly something wrong  with this.
While he was reflecting on this however, a powerful scent reched his form. It was similar to what he felt when he first fell on the planet but more powerful. The being this smell came from wasn't  small. I was bigger than him, bigger than anything Kakarix experienced before. He traveled until he saw it.The being that smelled of life. It was not alone. With her there was another, her opposite and one of kakarix''s brothers. Kakarix saw him destroying the balance, trying to provoke them into attacking each other Maybe i can benefit from this too... . he kew he couldn't fight anyone in his weakend state so  he snatched bacteria from the ground, molding and corrupting them but careful not to ingest them. Than he spread them on the Maiden, as fast as possible, a dark wind impossible to catch. this could weaken her as they weakened me Then he waited, ready to snatch any remains from the oncoming fight.

Try to weaken the Maiden and then stand ready to consume any bits of her essence that he can reach without danger.He doesn't fight unless his opponet his very weakened. Only consume and run tactics. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:20:12 pm by Leonardo8 »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 09:28:26 pm »

I remember the last era, the times of gluttony and pride. When those who came before fought with battlelust and wargreed. In those times, the darkness was a thing of created, a thing that could be reversed if the right minds could be changed...Now? Now I hear only of terrors who lurk, creatures from beyond the Void, landscapes that show horror to all who view them...

The Mother Sighed.

There was work to be done.

Scout out the world for macroscopic life. Cyddenye knew not what life survived onto this era, but she had to know.
Scout out the world for sapient life. However, what she wondered most of all is if any Worthy lived on during her slumber.
Send a feeler* out to the Parched, to determine if it has any observable wounds from the fight. Check if he's leaking any materials. From a distance, of course. The screams of that creature had awoken the Mother from her sleep. What could this creature, be cursed to seek water in a land without?
Send a feeler to try and calm the Scholar. The screams of this One reverberated throughout the world, just as easily as the Parched. Cyddenye sensed something intelligent in the creature and she hoped to find out.
Send a feeler out to the Forgotten. Try to understand the vibrations.

Feeler= An insignificant amount of essence given form, these homunculi are controlled directly by the Godesss from a distance. What the feeler senses, the Goddess does. Of course, the death of the feeler would barely harm the goddess herself.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 09:53:06 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 12:24:50 am »

Karokassa
She saw

Satiety

Possibility
Ah!

That which she desired most.
But how to obtain it? Cooperation?
Predation?
Theft? How?
How?!?

...to assist. She felt, the void where a god once stood, burned away, made nought but ash and air. Wondrous. Yet...she could not succumb to the lack of pain, submit to the craving that would consume her if she did not consume else.

A truce then
An agreement

A pact to the feast
There should be enough for both, and if he did not agree...

Then he would be ripped apart by the object of their feast.

After Tellorus is a smidge weakened, step in to help them
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 04:26:45 am »

Tellorus

Tellorus drinks in the prayers and unknown languages and shrieks of the blind scholar.  New ideas and thoughts, rage and life and mystery, unlike anything in the void.  So much more could be learned and created.

But is there anything left to save of this world if the first action of the learned is violence?  Better for it to be swept away then, reforged into something new.

Or these words may be what will satisfy the hunger, and if so, then going to the source would be ideal.

A shield forms out of and around the void creature, a response to what was absorbed earlier, answers to prayers, words of inspiration and hope, furtive translations and calm words of wisdom.  Then Tellorus jams himself down the throat of the scholar, seeking the source of these new ideas.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 08:33:14 am »

Vexes
Vexes enter, floating around aimlessly. All the thing is new to them, they just wander about looking for something..... Something that excites them.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 10:39:47 am »

Managone was entranced by the creation and destruction this pair wrought upon the world. He desired, craved, needed that which these two had. But he was without power he knew that he could not conquer both of these. Yet perhaps he didn't need to. Managone, silently and invisibly interrupted their dance. A stepped on toe, a beat out of rhythm, a cycle of life and death damaged. He quietly lead each dancer to believe the other was trying to take the lead, to ruin and overcome them. When the fighting escalates and each one is damaged, but still alive, Managone will absorb one and then use that power to absorb the other. Within him life and death with finally meet and become one. The Suitor and the Maiden will finally lock into an everlasting embrace. 

I trick the Suitor and The Maiden into fighting each other. Then, after they have hurt each other I absorb them one at a time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:47:13 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 10:55:09 am »

Nogis, while looking for life, goes to the turmoil of the sea, and tastes some of the agitation of the sea.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 04:59:47 pm »

Cyddenye

The mother has awakened, and finds herself alone. Life is scarce on this world, if there is macroscopic life it is hidden, and she finds exactly 7 sapient beings beside herself. And then there are others, not alive, at least not truly, at least yet.

The Parcheds screams slowly recede, yet something has changed about it. It is not directly weaker, but its very essence has...become more brittle. It has become less, it is definetly not as strong as before...

The Scholar has grown thoroughly mad though. As mad as the parched. Your feeler doesnt even reach him it loses itself on the Crystal Plains, all vibrating, singing tellling of a thousand entries in a diary. Of Failure in a Grand Project, of the attempts to reverse fate...The Scholar is beyond salvage...

The Forgottens vibrations are hard to decipher but at some point you realize it beats a certain rhythm...a song, something to attract others of its kind, others who are long gone. It is a dirge an elegy of things long past.

Vexes

You fly around the planet in boredom. The Dance of the Maiden and the Suitor entrance you for a while, then you continue onwards. The Dirge of the Forgotten, the endless Quest of the Parched, the Ravings of the Scholar...all thoroughly boring and uninteresting. Then you notice something in the air...in the wind...something is playing hide and seek...this could be more interesting...

Tellorus and Karokassa

Tellorus descend towards the Scholar projecting hope, words of inspiration and answers to his prayers, lulling the Scholar into a trance before jamming himself down the throat of the being. But it will not do, in panic the scholar starts to chant ancient formulas only he is beholden to, formulas of power and Tellorus slowly feels himself disintegrating. The Emanations of hope and inspiration increase taking on a desperate edge confusing the scholar as Tellorus burrows deeper into him. Then Karokassa is upon him. The attentions of both Voidborn is too much. The incantations raise in pitch and end in panicked shrieks as the being of arcane is devoured by the two Voidborn. Even as its essence is ripped apart by the two, much of it seeps into the ground...forgotten in their ravenous appetites.

The Gods devour the creature in its totality and finally their craves subside. It vanishes. Finally they can think clearly again and somehow they have gained form, colour, substance. They have become gods now. The Fires of Creation are burning strongly in them and essence is pulsing through their veins.

Ulth

The Forgotten is singing a dirge and he is exactly what you seek. Brimming with essence, it is of the Earth, it is the Earth, it encompasses the Earth.

Nogis

Ignoring the Forgotten, you taste of the sea. it tastes of fear, of someone hunted. Something predatory in yourself awakens and you can almost follow the scent to its origin further south.

Nilonix

Another yet passes the barrier, driven by a crave  for...something.

Managone and Kakarix

Managone watches the tow dancers, entranced, for what is propably passing aeons, but time is convoluted here and what fo rsome is aeons is for others only a moment, especially this close to the incarnations of life and death. He finally decides to interrupt the dance, to change it.

Nudging here and there, the fluid moves become discordant, the eternal dance wrong, out of tune. But it is something that has happened before many times, mostly when their paths crossed that of the others. The Maiden suddenly wails, a screech physically buffetting away the Suitor and Managone, before she turns and flees, to a place propably only she knows. The Suitor has seen this many times before, patiently setting himself down, causing the jungle to grow with renewed vigour, undying now, thanks to the absence of the maiden.

Kakarix follows the maiden however, trying to poison her with his bacteria. But truth be told, The Maiden being the Incarnation of Death, simple bacteria won't faze her. She continues to run Kakarix following behind her...

Nilonix has entered this world
The Scholar has been devoured
Tellorus and Karakassa have become Gods

Spoiler:  The Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ancients (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Nameless (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Extincted (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 05:38:31 pm »

A seeker of oblivion, of forgetfulness that will never pass.  One who seeks peace, and silence.  This Ulth could grant.  She opened her maw / opened herself / grew wide / stretched the tear in the world and became a welcoming gateway to oblivion.

Come, enter, forget forever, the maw seemed to whisper.  The world will never let you taste nepenthe, but here lies true oblivion.  Come through, pass beyond and join your brethren.  Let the song pass on.  Forget.  End.

Ulth opens her maw, inviting the Forgotten to step within and end his long suffering and the torments of memory.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 06:21:19 pm »

Kakarix saw the maiden running and the jungle growing. Is this what i want to be? i want death...or life?. He decided for life. Death was one, etenally still. Life was endless and everchanging. This is what he wanted to be. But he couldn' t do it  alone. And if the subtle way didn0t help perhaps it was time for a more direct approach.

He left the Maiden running and rapidly approached the other voidborn. " Brother i know you want to taste the Being that smells of life. I can help you. Alone we may fail but together he will have no chance. And It's clerly big enough to sate both of us. So will you satisfy your hunger with me?" .

Try to convince Managone to attack the Suitor together. If he accepts than attack the suitor, trying to take him by surprise and only whenhis attention is alreday focused on Managone. If he does't accept the help than extend the consciousness, looking for other opportunities. 

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 06:39:20 pm »

Nogis tracks down the feeling to its origin, being careful of Titans

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 09:38:47 pm »

Managone

I see the life unencumbered by death. The idea of living on without a true fear of death, that's what I craved. The Suitor sat and waited for the Maiden to return. I offer him a dance with true oblivion, not death, but more than that. True nothingness. I absorb his essence (if he accepts) as we dance. If he declines, I simply stretch and surround him and absorb the essence he is pouring into the jungle.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:17:36 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8