Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning  (Read 8640 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2015, 07:18:10 am »

"me? I am a hermit...an old bugger, living in a cave."
________________________________________________-

Time is a weird thing, something Managone would soon discover. As he fell into step besides the giant he was drawn in by the odd aura of the being and lost track of time. The two walked for years before the being finally opened its mouth.

Hum. You. You are hum, neither of life, nor death. Hum.

time would pass inexorably in the presence of this being and its very nature allowed it to take years to formulate sentences before speaking them.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2015, 08:32:13 am »

That's not true. You are powerful. You are very powerful. None of the other gods could have any possibility of creating you. Just now, you called me a "Young One". You existed... before the other gods did. Nilonix floated around the hermit now. He was coming to a slightly frightening realization. To my knowledge, the only beings that existed before the others... were the Ancients. If it could be possible to look slightly scared while having no form, Nilonix may have managed it. You are no hermit... Are you an Ancient? Or even something more?
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2015, 09:01:40 am »

"An Ancient? Lad i'm not even a tenth of an Ancient, i am the Hermit though. What they called me at least, when somebody last lived here. You seem young and eager to create, will ye do me a favour and turn this blasted land alive again?"

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2015, 09:16:13 am »

As are you I say to the fjortun. As we walk I watch his behavior. After a while I ask, What is it that you seek in this world?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2015, 10:01:42 am »

Again there is silence for a long time, a mortal would have aged by a decade it took the Fjortun to answer...

"Hum. An odd question. I seek nothing. I am."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2015, 10:20:21 am »

Managone smiled broadly this response. This beings nature was that of nature itself. It does not seek out to destroy or conquer, simply exists as a product of this world. Managone couldn't create such a creature if he spent centuries trying. Simple and philosophical, to simply exist and have great desire to use one existence. More a natural wonder than a living thing. A wonderous thing. I thank you for allowing me to accompany you on your stroll. I have learned much and do enjoy our conversation, but I fear you may have upset one of my brethren. This forest was gifted to him at the end of a long battle, his children walk it and have walked it for generations. I do not understand why you would spite such a God who works towards the good of the forest. Can you tell me why this came to pass?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2015, 10:37:02 am »

This time the answer is quick and concise.

"This is not his forest. We were here long before he even existed. Nor is it ours. This jungle just is as we are. And we are its caretakers."

You reckon that could be true, the jungle was there even before the suitor died. It just died and lived far more quickly. Seems like before he and the maiden started their eternal dance it had been there too. Odd.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2015, 10:57:59 am »

It's answer didn't surprise Managone at all. He had already guessed the nature of these creatures. It is true, the land itself was ancient, Managone knew that much. And as these creatures were the land itself, it's no surprise that they too are ancient. For now there was nothing left to say on the issue, as there would be no arguing with the forest itself. I see. Then my curiosity has been quelled. I admire you and your brethren, I hope that you and my brother do not come into conflict for my allegiance already belongs to him. Perhaps one day you or your kind will visit my Ivory City. Surely my people would admire your existence. For now I must return to them, but I am sure we will meet again. with that Managone waved to the guardian and headed toward his Ivory City. As he walked he stopped by each of the Vorchen settlements and waved at the inhabitants. He knew full well that they saw him as the God of death and that his appearance here would surely make them nervous. He chuckled as he approached the Ivory City on the edge of the jungle. There he rested and watched his settlers depart for his new underworld.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2015, 04:59:49 pm »

Hestall was now at his peak. the world was slowly coming to life, with divines spending their power left and right to bring these lifeless wastes to bloom. Like life and believers would grant them power, would make things better. The fools. While they are busy expending their power, Hestall was sharpening his tools and preparing to run across the face of creation, now that he was ready.

With the might of the creatures he has slain and the knowledge of the past ages, Hestall brought forth to existence 10 demigods, his ten Riders. Each of them fearsome and terryfying, Taller than mortals and wielding power tequal to that of giants, clad in black armor and mighty weapons of destuction - swords, spears, maces and hammers; these were not hunters of beasts, but of monsters and divines. They were mighty and merciless, with one mission on their minds - to hunt essence and to hunt mortals, rope them in and lead the host that followed them on the hunt for their lord. Their insight was powerful and their skill unmatched, each in the image of their lord but at the same time, carrying a different attribute. These immortal hunters were immune to needs of the flesh, free from desire, need for sustenance or in need of extensive rest, yet each was equipped with a mind that learned and saw things, as any hunter needs to learn.

As his riders went forth, Hestall fell on the swamps that lie in the middle of Grey Lands and claimed them as his. In that featureless land, in the center of the fetid, murky waters, Hestall blew into his horn and forth rose a great Citadel - A building of cyclopean walls, sturdy towers and impossibly wide halls inside, defying the brutish look on the outside. This was the fearsome Acheron itsle,f where Hestall ruled from his Throne of Horns - each beast and monster slain in his name growing the edifice and granting blessings of might and skill to those that devoted themselves to this dark lord.
The skies above the Swamps grew dark and the place was shrouded in perpetual storm, ashen skies and dirty clouds constantly hovering over the place Storms wracked the surface of the Grey Lands, as Hunter Wraiths took to scouting and killing beasts and mortals that dared to enter the place without their lord's permission.The swamps themselves grew and begun to fester, spewing forth all manner of creatures vile and worthy, breeding, roaming and killing each other, to be hunted in the end for sport and for show, and to please the lord with the prowess of those that had the skill, next to his Wraiths.

Use 1 Divine Essence - Create Riders of the Hunt. These demigods seek essence and kidnap unlucky mortals into the Wild Hunt. They trek the world and seek power, destroying weaker sources and pinpointing stronger ones so that Hestall himself can hunt with his entourage.
Use 1 Divine Power - Infuse the Bow of Hestall with power of the Stoms - its arrows are now lightning bolts and its presence clouds the skies and the field of battle to the advantage of the wielder.
Use 1 Demigod Power to claim the Grey Lands and its swamps - Acheron, the mighty citadel of Hestall is brought forth into existence, along with Hunter Wraiths and the swamp beasts. This land belongs to Hestall only and those that trespass without their lord's blessing will be hunted by the Wraiths and beasts.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2015, 05:30:31 pm »

For a long time, Nilonix floated in place, thinking and weighing the options. Should it? Nilonix would rather spend time using it's power to create tomes of knowledge, and... well, Nilonix didn't know what it wanted to create other than that. But it certainly doesn't want to create land. Land by itself carries little useful knowledge. Let the other gods create the terrain! Nilonix would use its essence wisely, to enrich and.. metaphorically breathe life into the.. land. Hm.

Is that what the Hermit means? Give the Crystal Plains knowledge, so it becomes alive again? But this place is already a land of information; there are crystal formations that are made out of the stuff! Yet Nilonix could feel the plains are also.. incomplete. The crystals, they tell a story, a desperate and deadly story. The reefs, they may be filled with intelligence, but they are also filled with anger. Nilonix would be glad to better this place, but..

Even if I wanted to, I have barely any essence at all. If you could give me more power, I would gladly make the plains alive again.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2015, 10:26:15 am »

The Hermit merely raises an eyebrow.

"Young One, do you know why i became a Hermit? To get away from beggars such as you, now kindly get out of my cave before i get angry."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2015, 06:07:16 pm »

Nilonix huffed. As you wish, Hermit. He did as the Hermit asked, leaving without another word. How rude of that old man.

Nilonix floated over the Crystal Plains, wondering if he could physical objects even if he did not have a form. He tries to pick up a stray rock or something, and if he succeeds, creates a weapon.

It is, basically, a mace. The grip is colored white, with tassels of silk flowing off the end. It is inscribed with uplifting golden knowledge, starting at the guard. The rest of the shaft, meanwhile is made out of complete crystal, this time inscribed with fleshy, black, forbidden and insanity-inducing knowledge in the same spiral formation as the grip. The head of the mace is a completely spherical ball, reverberating with the same knowledge, desperation and mortality present in the crystals of the crystal plains, yet more.. 'polished'. It is secured to the handle with four rigid crystal formation. Nilonix, if he creates it, will call it 'The Ignorance'
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:21:08 pm by Sl4cker »
carrot cakeu

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2015, 04:11:49 pm »

(Bump)
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First Era, Turn 2: Do not meddle in the affairs of immortals.

Once more centuries passed and the civilizations on the nameless prospered.

Deep in the Writhing Seas, life was once more active. However without fish it was vastly different. Species of mollusks and nematodes (of all things) become apex preadators in these weird new ocean bio-sphere. If one were to compare it it would look far odder than what a human mind is used to, and all in all it seemed far more sinister too.

Within the Writhing Seas there lived however intelligent beings. The Sitau. Capable of minor acts of telekinesis and able to reincarnate the sitau truly became masters of the sea. Using their powers they are able to build structures of stone and coral...however, they have no concept of tools or the shaping of materials around them, thus their homes look rather crude and simple rather than architectural masterworks. The Sitau live simple lives, hunting for smaller sea creatures they dwell in large communities allowing them to hunt with stones and sharpened corals using their telekinetic powers. They live peaceful lives, war is just too much of an effort seeing as ten to twenty sitau need to come together to acclerate a simple stone fast enough to become a deadly weapon.

Dwelling in their underwater communities they worship two gods, Cyddenye the Mother and Hestal the Stormbringer. A few of the more adventurous have travelled to the surface of the sea wanting to see the other gods but all they encountered was a hostile landscape, almost killing most of the more adventurous ones. Soon enough the Sitau give up their inquiries for the surface and return to their simple life below the sea.

On land things are quite different. With the Black Rose being once more enforced in power, the Giants of Nature are kept away from the Southern Jungles and the Greenskin Tribes. Soon the lush jungle starts to decay and die around them. While the Black rose keeps animals alive in the region its powers are taxed ever more trying to sustain large herds of animals on nothing but its own energy. The Jungle is rapidly decaying as no Giant of Nature treads the ancient paths anymore. Darker things stir too. Rumours of beasts in the night abound, snatching children in the night and even killing expert hunters which think themselves well hidden. The jungles have become dangerous, predators formerl yhunting for the abundant herbivores need to turn towards the much more numerous greenskins in these lean times and the tribes only sends out large groups to bring home food.

Worship changes aswell, as beasts become more scarce in the jungle the first Vorcha sacrifice is brought before the Black Rose out of sheer desperation. Some of the Vorchas blame Hestall for this, the hunter has abandoned them! Others blame Managone, for the god of death has created beasts to hunt them. Yet others claim that those night terrors were sent by Nilonix the Stranger.

The Greenskins become ever more distrustful and formerly open connections with the Feather Tribe and the Paleskins wanes.

The Feather Tribes know the reason however, they have seen that the Fjortun have been barred from teh Southern Jungles. Regular sacrifices are made to these inimical giants and although they don't care much either way, they accept the sacrifices nonetheless.
As such the Feather Tribe prospers and grows manifold, sending ever more parties out to the Parched Pole. Finally they discover the Shattered lands. While wild in beauty these lands provide neither food nor water and it is hostile. They also discover beings of fire. The Muspelltun, giants of fire, all too similiar to one of the ancients. They watch them in awe and know them as brethren to the Fjortun and quickly leave the area knowing that these beings propably are less friendly than those in the jungle.

In these days it is also said that the Vorchen people first met Ilgyad the Raven. For the feather tribes he is worshipped as a silent watcher. The Greenskins however worship him as the harbringer of the night terrors. They fear him, for he silently watches them as they fend of the terrors and often apears shortly before such an event. Then he departs in silence.

In the Ivory City bustling activity is the norm. These days however the city had grown to truly massive proportions and now a great diaspora began underground...and with them the Paleskins followed. Three cities were established initially. One directly below the Ivory City and two halfway towards the general areas of the two vorchen tribes. Yet deep below in the west where a fourth city should have grown a being was disturbed from its slumber and the Managonians fled in panic, fo rthey had awoken the Child of the Forgotten. In Panic they fled and sealed the caverns behind them in hopes of never having to see that creature again. And thus no city was established below the Grey Plains. Above them none of the Managonians dared to tread for Hestall ruled those lands.

Acheron the Great Hunters citadel could be seen wide and far and many feared the swamps that surrounded it. But worse were the Riders of the Wild Hunt. Twelve beings of great power, riding forth in the night dragging away those unfortunate enough to travel the Grey Lands. In these early days not many were captured though since few dared to tread these lands anyway. Despite that the Wild Hunt grew, managonians and paleskins and even the occasional Feather-Tribe Vorcha joined the Wild Hunt willing or unwillingly chasing around the Grey Lands in search for beings of power. Soon enough they found two. The First Sinner, hidden away in a cave, chained to a stone and a sword a being Cyddenye knew all to well from ages past. and then close to the Writhing Sea, three lone crones lived in a small hut. "Witches" the Riders thought with disgust and left these mighty beings well enough alone. Finally another of the ancients could no longer play his game. The Riders had combed the air and the skies long enough and they had pinpointed the Hidden, who now bereft of any place to flee gathered his powers and waited for the inevitable. However the Maiden was still amiss, she had apparently vanished from the Nameless.

And in the south on the inimical crystal plains of the Pole, Nilonix wandered, alone and mostly forgotten, creating an item of Great Power: Ignorance. It is not as strong as some items other gods possess but it was still strong enough to smite anyone unwary enough to become its target.

But some things are easily forgotten. Especially small things. The Black Rose was small, but powerful and its god had given it a soul and a being. And it knew what it had been created for and it knew that that would be its death. It also knew the taste of Mortal Blood and was nourished by it...

Spoiler:  The Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Beings of Power (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Nameless (click to show/hide)

Civilizations of the Nameless

Spoiler:  Managonians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Vorchen People (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Sitau People (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Extinct (click to show/hide)

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2015, 05:00:15 pm »

tbp
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8