Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning  (Read 8633 times)

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2015, 02:39:40 pm »

Kakarix saw his children and was very pleased: they changed and adapted just like he expected, evolving in different and beutiful forms. Even his artifact, the black rose, had exactly the effect he hoped, pushing the Vorchen to explore the world. Everything was perfect... except for one little (from his perspective at the least) detail. This new being of power, this giant who entered he vorchen pantheon uninvited, as a stranger with no name and no story.

What were his intentions? Was he a boon or a curse from his children? Kakarix had to find out. This was exactly the situation he created the Black rose for, after all.With any divine power he could have dampened he was no threat to his divine power.  So he assumed a glorious form, a gigantic tree with wings of every kind on his log, with a thousand arms taken from mejastic predators and a flourishing crown made from thousands different flowers. He spoke to the giant, so small now in front of him and asked
Who are you, who walk among my children? I am Kakarix, their father, creator and protector he emphasized the "protector"i don't remember seeing you before, yet i can sense that none of my brothers created you: where do you come from then?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:45:47 pm by Leonardo8 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2015, 02:49:14 pm »

The massive creature of stone and vegetation lifts it head, ancient blue eyes staring at Karkarix, eyes which have seen aeons pass, Empires rise and fall and the world change around them.

It shudders, shivering from head to toe losing bits and pieces of stone and vegetation. Then it turns away from you and continues its walk through the forest, ripping out a singular tree devouring it with one hand while somehow gently touching trees in passing who seem immediately healthier. You notice that in its foot steps new life seems to bloom.

If this creature is a danger to your people then you don't know how.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2015, 03:21:52 pm »

Kakarix was surprised, to say at least. No one ever ignored him before. It was definitely an unpleasant sensation. Even his brothers deemed him worthy of attention and now this dwarf just walked away? He would not not allow that. Without even moving, he surrounded the giant with his roots, creating a sort of arena. Hey, i'm talking with you.Can't you ear me? Or perhaps can't you speak?. He said, now sightly irritated. He found impossible to believe that a being so powerful wasn't intelligent enough to speak.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2015, 03:28:37 pm »

There was much to do, one he seeked, a fair Maiden who had evaded his initial attack. Now Managone had grown, changed, and learned. Yet he knew he must wait, but one day her time would come. For now Managone would divert his attention to his people. They had constructed a vast city of flesh and bone. Its perfect white flesh grew into towers and spires, portraits and parks, knives and forks. Everything was sculpted from the flesh. Managone was pleased by the strange beauty this city had created. But it was only one city. The Managonians needed to spread. throughout the world.

To achieve this Managone creates the High Walkers. These quadrupeds stand twenty feet tall, mostly due to their incredibly long legs. They have shallow bowl shaped plates across the top of their body so that the Managonians and other races may ride atop them. They shapre the same coloration as Managone's other creations. The High Walkers are large enough so that 20 humanoids could ride one comfortably. Their bellies contain a small segment of the Great Flesh, a seed for the construction of the city. Upon arrival at its desired location the High Walker allows its passengers to dismount. Once all have dismounted the creature gives its life to the Flesh Seed to allow to take root in this new area and start a new city. (The High Walker has no eyes nor mouth, it is best described as a giant white half sphere with four 15 foot legs and a diameter of 20 feet.)

Managone then acknowledged the beauty and grandeur of the underworld. He then crafted a series of tunnels and caverns beneath the world. While there are many small caverns the ones under the grey lands, eastern jungle, and the parched lands are much much larger. They are warm, as they are much closer to the center of the world.

To these caverns he sent his first fleshwalkers. To the managonians light or dark made no difference, their way of seeing was different than normal creatures and was unhindered by neither light nor dark. One stayed in the Ivory City so that those there may make a Mold of it to craft for future settlers.   

After this Managone decided to take a short break. He would resume his creation shortly.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2015, 03:50:52 pm »

The creature stops for a moment in front of the roots before emitting a low crooning sound which causes the roots to recede...it then trudges onwards.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2015, 03:51:37 pm »

Beauty

The Sea was teeming with life; microscopic creatures of many shapes and sizes fought for domination in the great watery battlefield she had adopted as hers. By their efforts, the coral polyps had spread and now dominated the depths; only those places that could not possibly support the polyps were still empty of their varied growths.

And yet, this was only the beginning.

Cyddenye creates aquatic mollusks, plants, arthopods, echinoderms, nematodes,platyhelminthes, cnidarians and ctenophoras throughout the ocean. She ensures that fish remain a minority of the total aquatic community.

Once these new lifeforms have settled in, she creates 20 Sitau, slender oarfish-like animals posssessing great intelligence and a weak telekinesis that amplifies for each Sitau in an area. Unlike their offspring, these Sitau are blessed by the fact that they reincarnate when they die, with all possessing full memory of their previous lives. Sitau have a natural lifespan of 30 years. Sitau lay 50-200 eggs per breeding period, which occurs only once a year. Males and females will spend their time defending their eggs during this period, with males guarding the nest and females patrolling the nearby area. Offspring are left to fend for themselves after hatching. After a year, should the offspring survive, they will be inducted into the local school (in both meanings of the word) and taught the ways of their culture.

The Sitau are taught that the Waters are the dominion of Cyddenye and that only Hestal the Storm-Bringer has any influence over it. Though other deities exist, they inhabit the places Above-the-Waters and are not relevant to their daily life.

Ilgyad is sent to the lands to keep watch over the mortal civilisations and the giants
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:13:45 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2015, 04:25:40 pm »

Now Kakarix was definitely irritated. Not only this being came among his Vorchen from nowhere, he also totally ignored any attemptto speak. Apparently, Kakarix had to resort to more violent means of communication. Suddenly, black tentacles sprung from his trunk, enveloping the giant' s head. The tentacles then forcefully entered in his brain, obscuring his toughts and modifying it, to absorb and erase the giant very will and personality.

I try to take control of this giant, using at my advantage the fact tht he is still in the black rose area, so any divine power he might have is dampened

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2015, 04:58:56 pm »

Tentacles shot forth from the God and tried to embed themselves in the brain of the creature. But a being like this didn't have a brain. It was made of stone and moss, just as divine as Karkarix. Sudden rot caused decay in those tentacles and the Giant turns around and emits an odd ululating sound.

It is immediately answered and the ground starts to tremble. The Black Roses power has its limits especially so far from its actual location hundreds of miles away. Any help it could provide would be minimal at best.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2015, 05:42:59 pm »

Oh well, i should have expected that he said, preparing himsel for the inevitable attack by shifting into his war form, his golden scarab glowing again. Then,a strategy began to form into his mind. It was very simple, but the giant didn't appear to be very smart either. he began to taunt him, hitting in rapid attack followed by an hastened retreat, to draw the giant nearer to the Black rose. Then, once they are in full range of his power, he tries to kill the strange being

I try to bring the giant near the black rose, and in any case i attack him with my freshly-recharged golden scarab ( 1 divine essence). I also want a piece of him for later, so i try to sever his head or a limb too, possibly when he is alive.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2015, 05:54:22 pm »

And as the earth continued to tremble, Karakix decided to teach this upstart a lesson. Pure Essence hit the Fjortun like a hammer throwing the massive creature several hundred paces through the jungle leaving behind a swathe of toppled trees and destroyed vegetation but even as Karkarix prepared for his retreat dozens of stone hands exploded from the Ground as Giants awoke en masse from the ground.

It was a common superstition amongst the Greenskins that one should not anger a Fjortun, lest one wants to savour the wrath of them all. How it came to be no one knows. As it was dozens of Fjortun now rose to the defense of their brother. One demigod is one thing but dozens?

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2015, 06:06:45 pm »

And those where they came from?! he said suddenly worried. I would have been difficult to fight them all especially since he didn't have so much essence left. Perhaps a tactical withdrawl was in order, at least for now. They appeared far more limited than him anyway. So, chaging back to the swarm form, he flied back to the blackrose, the center of his power. He knew they would have come  to avenge their brother, he would have done the same. And he would have greeted them, with tooth and claws.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2015, 06:12:53 pm »

Even as Kakarix fled, the Fjortuns all fell over almost immediately becoming one with their surroundings again. Their slightly damaged brother came back to his feet and continued his walk the goal of which only he and his brethren knew.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2015, 06:20:44 pm »

That is weird. Anyway, he couldn't allow this being to meddle in his affair, no matter how benefic their effects might appear at first.
Kakarix spend one divine essence to empower the Black rose. Now it actively rejects those under the immortals under the full godhood who tries to pass in its territory.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2015, 07:13:39 pm »

From a distance Managone felt the sudden flux of power as Kakarix charged his scarab and his Black Rose. Having completed his creation of an underworld and the creation of the High Walkers to aid his people in the colonization of the massive caverns, Managone approached the East Jungle. He was surprised by what he found there.

The Fjortun was neither alive nor dead. It's power to destroy and create simultaneously was an echo of Managone's own power. An artificial being who mimicked Managone's own powers? He had no idea such beings existed. Managone passed by the Vorchen village and came to inspect the walking Fjortun. Managone looked at with his empty eyeless face. He did not stand in its way, but instead beside it and watched. Managone know that such a creature was one of the riches of the earth. Truly this creature and managone had much in common. Managone waited to see if it rejected or acknowledged his presence. If it doesn't Managone walks beside it silently waiting for it to communicate.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2015, 01:56:21 am »

Nilonix observed the old man. This was a being of power, great power. Nilonix knew it would not be very wise to anger him. Cautiously, Nilonix floated next to the man.

If I may ask, who are you? Nilonix spoke in it's strange, nonsensical way.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8