Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning  (Read 8636 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2015, 06:50:59 am »

Another ancient being slain. Another danger removed from this world. The world grows safer and safer with every action. We grow stronger as well. We three, life, earth, and artificial life. This world is being shaped slowly by our hands. We have come this place as shadows and now walk it as slayers of those who hold iron dominion over it. This world will one day be fit for mortals.... I thank you friends for aiding me in this battle. Truly this was my fight and I know you did not have to come. I pledge to follow you into your battles as you have accompanied me into mine. I thank you.

I ask, what shall we do now?

While we plan our next move I create my race. They have no name of their own as I see them as my children. They are simply the Managonians.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"The Hunted must be given final release..."

Cyddenye looked towards Hestal with a hint of recognition in her glare.

"You're skill at the Hunt is as it always has been. You must be enjoying this, Hestal. Would you come with me and the children to hunt for more of these creatures?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2015, 11:20:40 am »

Another ancient being slain. Another danger removed from this world. The world grows safer and safer with every action. We grow stronger as well. We three, life, earth, and artificial life. This world is being shaped slowly by our hands. We have come this place as shadows and now walk it as slayers of those who hold iron dominion over it. This world will one day be fit for mortals.... I thank you friends for aiding me in this battle. Truly this was my fight and I know you did not have to come. I pledge to follow you into your battles as you have accompanied me into mine. I thank you.

I ask, what shall we do now?

While we plan our next move I create my race. They have no name of their own as I see them as my children. They are simply the Managonians.
I should really take care of my children now. The word is still a dangerous place and i cannot let them face adversities beyond heir possibilities. I appreciate a fair  challenge, but they may gain the attention of being too powerful for them.

Resuming his vortex form Kakarix flied  to the Eastern jungle, where he left his Vorchen. He was already sightly mutaded, a few feathers mixing with scales now . he likes birds apparently he tought. He took the form of a delicate swarm of flower petals  and spoke to the Firstborn: My child, with this battle i realized that this word is not safe for you. I created you capable of fending for yourself, as it should be, but i realize that you are defenseless against the most powerful beings. So now i give you a gift. The Black Rose . Saying that, he planted a single, black petal inthe ground. A single, pefect black rose rose from the ground,rapidly surrounded by thick, thorny vines.This will keep you safe and the forest fertile, but remember. I made you not to stand idle in the forest, mindlessy worshiping me and basking in my gifts. So this protection has a price. Every years, sacrifice a red blooded animal to me near the rose. Remember: no more the one, and never the same kind more than once. Now go , my child, live fully and make a family. This forest is yours, but remember: if you  should come across the pale Ones, childs  of my brother Managone, respect the for as there is peace between us gods, there shall be peace between our people. So Kakarix left, waiting to see the marvels that his children would become.

I spend a divine essence  to create the Black Rose. It's an artifact that dampens the divine powers of everyone except for Kakarix and his allies. It also gives fertility to the land around it, making the forest more lush. To keep his pwers it requires an annual sacrifice of a vertebrate, the bigger or the more dangerous the better . A single species can never be used more than once. This should make them prone to exploration and curiosity. If a single essence is not enough i rest after the act.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:59:55 pm by Leonardo8 »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2015, 09:09:12 pm »

Thīkutzuden takes form: The god looks like a book with paper arms and legs, pages overlapping and twisting to form them. The spine of the book is actually a human spine made out of paper in a similar manner to its arm. The cover sports two paper eyes paper glasses. Thīkutzuden lacks eyebrows and eyelids so the only movement to be seen there are its ink pupils. The cover's words changes font, color and size depending on its mood, as well as the color and material of the entire cover. The cover's title is Thīkutzuden the Complete History of Everything. When it thinks it writes words in an unreadable languages throughout its body.
Thīkutzuden attempts to get its bearings, it knew by the screams that awoke it that it needed to find allies if it wanted to accomplish anything. It would need power and essence to accomplish its goals, but this is all it knew.
So Thīkutzuden decided before trying to begin recording the history and knowledge of the universe, to find the so called 'Titan Hunters' and see if it could join them. A world with less dangers, might be less exciting, but is necessary for Thīkutzuden  to carry out his job as the Book, Thīkutzuden.
Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
The great books pages open, and words in a calm lovely font appear, "Hello, I am Thīkutzuden, Keeper of Knowledge. The great beasts of this place hold great power, that I both fear and sought after, I was wondering if you three were the rumored 'Titan Hunters', and if so, if there was any possibility for a humble Book to assist."

Cyddenye smiled wryly. "Rumoured? Titan Hunters? I was not aware there was any one currently spreading such news, but I suppose we are. Although, Kakarix is currently indisposed. You may come, if you wish."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2015, 10:00:25 pm »

Thīkutzuden takes form: The god looks like a book with paper arms and legs, pages overlapping and twisting to form them. The spine of the book is actually a human spine made out of paper in a similar manner to its arm. The cover sports two paper eyes paper glasses. Thīkutzuden lacks eyebrows and eyelids so the only movement to be seen there are its ink pupils. The cover's words changes font, color and size depending on its mood, as well as the color and material of the entire cover. The cover's title is Thīkutzuden the Complete History of Everything. When it thinks it writes words in an unreadable languages throughout its body.
Thīkutzuden attempts to get its bearings, it knew by the screams that awoke it that it needed to find allies if it wanted to accomplish anything. It would need power and essence to accomplish its goals, but this is all it knew.
So Thīkutzuden decided before trying to begin recording the history and knowledge of the universe, to find the so called 'Titan Hunters' and see if it could join them. A world with less dangers, might be less exciting, but is necessary for Thīkutzuden  to carry out his job as the Book, Thīkutzuden.
Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
The great books pages open, and words in a calm lovely font appear, "Hello, I am Thīkutzuden, Keeper of Knowledge. The great beasts of this place hold great power, that I both fear and sought after, I was wondering if you three were the rumored 'Titan Hunters', and if so, if there was any possibility for a humble Book to assist."

Cyddenye smiled wryly. "Rumoured? Titan Hunters? I was not aware there was any one currently spreading such news, but I suppose we are. Although, Kakarix is currently indisposed. You may come, if you wish."
The page turns."Ah, I thank you, I won't let you down. May I ask which beast we are hunting next? On a side note, it is my goals are too obtain and spread the knowledge of the universe, may I ask what yours are?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2015, 12:39:11 am »

"The punishment of sin."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2015, 10:58:50 am »

Bringing life to the lifeless.

Assist the others if they go to attack a Titan. If no one is hunting, take my scythe and use it to kill the Parched. (use essence if necessary).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:56:57 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2015, 02:36:15 pm »

The Hunter listens to the Mother of Sin and nods. He can sense the familiarity about her, aeons past bringing an impression of awareness. There are many hungry beings afoot and they decided to roam in packs. To be outside of a pack means death. This was till the time of scavengers and  hyenas.

"Where your necessity starts and ends, my art only begins to flourish. I shall join you in the pursuit, but I shall not be denied the prime cut of the essence. Too much is being spilled as the energy is being torn apart."

The hunter needs his tools. He has his weapons, but what of his equipment? Hestall swelled with the newfound energy and shaped a great horn, black as onyx with bands of iron and bronze holding it together. Its mighty sound reverberated around the world as Hestall blew into it. The energy radiating from it created an aura of darkness that no mortal or beast could penetrate, fogging their mind and making them an easy prey. Even the gods themselves could feel it in their beings and shuddered as the Elder fed his force into it. but as it weakened, it also siphoned, collecting every drop of energy unto itself and feeding its creator. It is a poor hunter that lets the blood go to waste and Hestall was no different.

Create Horn of Acheron. Use 1 Divine Power. It is a mighty hunter's horn, spelling death to enemy and prey alike with its sound. It weakens anyone but Hestall who hears it directly. It also acts a siphon for spilled energy during slaying, ensuring that no essence is wasted and all that is directly collected via the Horn goes to the wielder.

Join Cyddene on her hunt. Engage at range only, withdraw if combat is too heavy. Use my Horn in combat.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:30:00 am by Ardas »

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2015, 04:36:16 pm »

Join Cyddene on the hunt

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2015, 05:56:38 pm »

Enhance my scythe to absorb essence from those it is used upon. Join Cyddene on the hunt.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:42:54 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2015, 04:09:36 am »

Just go the the crystal plains and/or the keening reefs and see if I can just suck up any essence there. There has to be some, right?
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2015, 03:07:28 pm »

Tellorus

Waited, dithered, self concern had left Tellorus powerless while his ally has fallen.  To defend himself and those who were cared about, to take vengeance on those who had wronged him.  Law had to be crafted like any other thing, and justice was the tool to truly craft it.  Those who harmed an ally must suffer.

One fled to the creation of Karokassa, a parasite to drain and destroy his last creation.

The other stood before him, a power which had killed a god.  A power which destroyed indiscriminately, burning down everything in it's path.  A death must be paid with death.

Any who wish to aid me in destroying the parched, I will call you brother as well if you help me take vengeance.

Tellorus moved closer to The Parched, drinking in it's heat and power.  What could stand up to this?  Then his eyes looked down to the ground, burnt for so long.  Raw materials for forging, already blasted by the worst heat this thing could offer.  Let the power mad help forge it's own end.

A quick crunch pulls off one of his own form's arms, which Tellorus throws to the ground, then the void staff flares as it drinks in the power of The Parched.  The glass and blasted land around is pulled up around the broken arm, then heat blasts it and a thousand hammers beat it down forging it down into a stronger material, then again and again, layer after layer of new materials forged in the heat, until at last a substance, not metal or glass but something new, able to drink in and survive the heat, if only for a time.

Tellorus picks up the golden spear, formed into a twisted sharp spiral, yellowed surface reflecting and absorbing light in turn it glows with a small internal fire.  And soon it would glow with a larger one until it burst.

Tellorus strode forward towards The Parched, spear in hand, ready to face glory and death.

Create the golden spear, sacrificing 1 Divine Essence and drinking in the fractured essence of The Parched to make it.  The spear is a one shot weapon designed to kill The Parched (assist in combat against it, one use before destroyed).

Attack The Parched wielding the spear.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2015, 03:43:23 pm »

Help Tellorus against the parched after enhancing my scythe.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2015, 04:53:36 am »

The uncaring heat of the sun was miniscule to that which radiated from the Parched. His tramp through endless deserts, molten pools of liquid fire in his wake only faltered momentarily as the two gods confronted him. Mindlessly he stared at them, feeling their moisture...perhaps a release from his thirst?

A thing of sheer brightness suddenly embedded itself in the fiery form, as it dissolved it cooled the body of the Parched...parts of his everburning body turned to stone and it looked in amazement at the patch of coolness and then at the gods. It seems they could end the thirst.

When the Scythe of Managone embedded itself in her chest, the Parched new that these would end her and not her first. Roaring flames turned the land around her into plains of glass as her sheer rage gave her desperate strength. The Gods are starting to blacken, or at least their physical forms do as they try to withstand the heat close to that of a sun but with an edge of the divine to it which even they cannot withstand. The White-glowing beast however finds herself crumbling however, her very own power burning her very soul to cinders. The Parched stumbles and then falls apart.

Managone recieves 1 Divine Essence through the Scythe
The Scythe drinks 1 Divine Essence for itself
Tellorus absorbs 3 Divine Essence and the Aspect of Fire
Managoen absorbs 3 Divine Essence and the Aspect of Heat
The Scythe absorbs the Aspect of Thirst - from now on it will compel the wielder to ever absorb more Divine Essence (Only Divine Beings can try and withstand the Scythes Demands, otherwise they are forced to attack the nearest strongest being of power, alternatively they can discard the Scythe.)

The thrashing quickens. the Sea broils at the passing of the creature. The Hunters are close behind. Three of them. Wait. Only two.

The Hunted is growing uneasy. Where has the third hunter gone to? The Braying tore apart the frothing sea even at such depths. The Horn of Acheron tore through the sea, and something inside the creature broke. The pain was enormous and the creature was slowly drawn to the surface.

The other two Hunters joined the first. But darkness engulfed all three of them, taking their sight even divine sight from them. The Hunted was cornered. And cornered beings fight harder since they know that there is no escape anymore.

In the darkness of the Clouds the screech of the beast and the frothing of the waves is the only thing that can be heard. The Hunters have become the Hunted. All three decide to leave the dark cloud, but only two emerge from it. Another Blast from Acheron reveal that the God of Knowledge has fallen to the Hunted. The remaining two gods use their last reserves to attempt and destroy the creature engrossed in feeding on the dying Divine. The Arrows of Hestalls Bow long spent and the Horn of Acheron devoid of Power Hestall begins using his very own essence, while Cyddenye long used to using parts of her essence as weapon, further destroys her own self to kill the Hunted.

In the End the two emerge victorious. The Horn of Acheron greedily sucking up as much energy as is possible.

Thikutzuden has been killed by the Hunted
The Horn of Acheron grants Hestall 1 Divine Essence
Cyddenye absorbs 5 Essence and the Aspect of the Sea
Hestall absorbs 4 Essence and the Aspect of Storms

Spoiler:  The Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ancients (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Nameless (click to show/hide)

Civilizations of the Nameless

Spoiler:  The Vorchen People (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Extinct (click to show/hide)

[/b]

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2015, 06:29:41 pm »

"Well done, well done; the sinner is slain, though not without loss and pain. It is time we rested, for tomorrow we may yet die."

Cyddenye bowed to her fellow deities and jumped head first into the seas.

Now was not the time to rest, however. No, the Mother had plans, ideas of the future. She had claimed the Sea, the Earth and Sentience itself; it was her right and dominion by way of conquest and she meant to use them.

She searched the dark seas of the dying world; its dark canyons and shallow reefs, looking for a place to begin her works. And yet, through all her travels, she found no hint of life, no egg or fish or corpse that reminded her of the world that came before.

She decided thus, to begin anew.

Create basic microscopic life in the oceans. Ensure that there are new coral organisms to replace those now dead.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2015, 11:58:24 am »

First Era, Turn 1: Emergence

And so the Gods conquered the Nameless once more. They had driven most of the Ancients from the lands and settled their own creations. A new Cycle had begun.

The Vorcha settled in the Eastern Jungles and soon they multiplied and changed and grew. They lifted in three small tribes, each led by one of the First. Life was harsh and cruel in the jungles, the beasts created through the death of the suitor killed as often as they were hunted down by the Vorcha for food. Yet they prospered nonetheless.

The strongest of the Tribes was the Feather-Tribe, living at the very northern tip of the Jungle, close to the Parched Pole they had become numerous. Scales had turned to feathers and back to black scales to better withstand the heat, so they could scavenge obsidian shards for their weapons.

In the South of the Jungle, where vegetation grew so thick that everything below the crowns of the trees was drenched in perpetual twilight, dwelt the Greenskins. Almost invisible in their surroundings they perfected the art of hunting. the were also the holders of the Black Rose, ensuring their and its survival by eternally hunting for new species. Soon enough the tradition of the Great Hunt is established. Every year the Tribe goes on a grand hunt to find a new sacrifice.

And finally in the West bordering the Grey Plains, dwelt those who lived with the Managonians. Their skin had started to become pale, very close to that of the Managonians. They dwelt among them, although never achieving the craftsmanship of the Managonians themselves.

Ah, yes Managonians. Odd creatures. Dwelling in their Ivory City centered around the Great Pale, the Mother and Grave of all Managonians. A mindless creature feeding and breeding and at the same time serving as food, as building and crafting material. The Shapers are benign masters to the Vorcha in their care
In the Ivory City the Managonians craft works of great Art, worshipping Managone as their only god.

Nilonix
Desperate you seek essence to lap up. any tiny scrap of it...only a bit perhaps. You seek up and down the entirety of the keening reefs, yet there is nothing. Half mad in your search you stumble upon a cave one day. Inside you find a being...not a god it seems. Yet he possesses the Power of a God. You can feel it.

"Well hello there, Young One. Would you care to join me at my soup?"

Its an Old man, grinning a toothless smile.

The Depths of the Oceans awaken with new life as corals are planted by Cyddenye, without any other life they prosper and grow. Entire Reefs and Forests of Coral grow across the entirety of the Writhing Sea. A living forest yet devoid of all motion...

And so a Century passes, the Ivory City growing to magnificent proportions a place of culture and art, the Vorchen taking on menial jobs as the Managonians are too engrossed in theri art to deal with other things.
In the North the Feather Tribe grows numerous and strong armed with tools and weapons of obsidian
and in the South the Greenskins ever hunting for new beasts.
Yet they are not alone anymore. Deep in the Jungle ancient beings have awoken and the first of the Giants walks the land again. It is a Fjortun. A giant of life and nature. When the Greenskins meet it they think it first a massive rock until the moss-covered boulder suddenly starts moving. It is not long beofre they worship the creature as a spirit of the wilds, something that brings abundance in its wake.

Spoiler:  The Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Beings of Power (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Nameless (click to show/hide)

Civilizations of the Nameless

Spoiler:  Managonians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Vorchen People (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Extinct (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8