Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning  (Read 8634 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2015, 07:28:20 pm »

A pair of eyes slowly slide open to allow in what little light managed to trickle down to her resting place. Wait, resting place? Slowly, sluggishly, another pair of glowing orbs slide open, and then another, until all four pairs are wide and no longer glossy with sleep. As her thoughts become clearer, and more cogent, a soft golden light starts to emanate from the irises of the being. Even as the light flows, however, it starts to bend, the oceans purple surrounding each golden slit seeming to consume the surrounding light. As one, all four heads stretched out their long, sinuous necks, glad to be moving again at long last. She had been asleep for far too long. The world had died. She could feel it. The Balance that she had worked so hard to create, so hard to maintain, was gone. Seilithur sighed as best she could, before swimming upwards. It was time to leave this place of darkness. She had slept for far too long, and things had fallen apart. This would not happen again. This time, the Balance would last eternal.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2015, 09:27:22 pm »

Tellorus

Tellorus had watched the scaled ones called feathers as they explored his domain.  Well maybe not his yet, but they had seen the value in the deadly lands.  Then scared off, but not to blame them, fire was dangerous until tamed.

And tamed they must be if this desert is to bloom.

Tellorus erupts before one of the Muspelltun in a bloom of fire, a twisting mass of flames dancing from one shape to the next.  He speaks in the language of flames to the awoken giants.

Fire to fire I greet you.  I am that which scares away the dark and cold, chars the flesh for food, heats the metal so it may gain new forms.  I wish to offer you a place of glory and service, purpose and power.  Why do you roam these empty lands?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2015, 03:48:01 am »

The five beings whisper to each other. You hear words spoken in awe "A divine!" "we are not alone!" "he will know!"

One finally steps forward adressing you mentally as ,like the fjortun, they have no organs to speak, nor want to waste power on seemingly speaking.

Tell us great divine, what era are we in? Where are our brethren? We but recently arose from slumber. Where have the Obsidian Holds gone? Where went the One-That-Wanders? We are here to serve but we are bound by oath to the One-That-Wanders. Although we smell his essence on you. Is he your creator?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2015, 11:16:23 am »

The One-That-Wanders turned on his creations, nothing existed in this land but glass and magma, burned flat.  Everything that he created was burned by him, including his mind, in a desire for power. 

You slept through the age of madness, where the gods turned from the world and let the world burn.  Now is the age of rebirth, new creatures and new gods walk, save for The Mother who claims to have existed from before.

Twisted beings created during the fall still hide, waiting to destroy the rebirth.

As for myself, I was a watcher on the sides who could no longer stand back.  The One-That-Wanders sought to quench his undying thirst and so we ended it, and him.  In the end he was nothing but a desire for power and relief.

I would give you new purpose, and hear about your old, for I was drawn to observe late in the era of madness and did not know the works of the one who was known to me only as The Parched.

I will leave if you can not stand the sight of the one who gave mercy to your lord.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2015, 05:25:58 pm »

Seilithur continues to swim, her long tail thrashing powerfully and propelling her upwards, towards the light. Eventually, she surfaces, seeing the light from the sun again for the first time in millennia. Noticing a small hut nearby, the great hydra is consumed with curiosity. She swims to the land, finally reaching the beach and revealing her entire body. Her scales are smooth and streamlined, allowing her to move through the seas with ease. She has no legs, as she never had any need for them. Stretching out her necks, Seilithur observes her surroundings with a mixture of curiosity and caution. One never knew when assassins lurked on the dark.

Shaking such thoughts from her head, the goddess approached the hut, snaking one of her heads down so as to be level with the door. "Hail! 'Tis there a soul here of able body and mind, or am I truly alone in this wretched place?"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:00:50 pm by Fr0stByt3 »
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2015, 10:44:54 pm »

The Mother of Sinners smiled. Though her children were for now simple beings, further advancement was not out of reach...

But that was a longterm concern. For now, she would carry out her principal duty. The people of the land had grown in strength and number; sinners lived amongst them now and would cause disruption to the wonders of civilisation. As such, Cyddenye devised a new punishment: cessation of existence. Those who had sinned greatly, mass murderers and and the like, would have their very souls devoured. Ilgyad would once again be Cyddenye's hand in this matter.

Strengthen the telekensis of the Sitau with 2 Demigod Essence.

Grand 2 Divine Essence to Ilgyad and the new duty of devouring the corpses/souls of great sinners. Great sinners are defined as whatever the sinner's culture considers greatly sinful.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2015, 09:30:18 pm »

Managone was intrigued by his people's discovery, he traveled scythe in hand to the den of the Forgotten's Child. He called out, I look now for the being which dwells beneath the land. If you are somre than a beast, name yourself and tell my your purpose. Managone was prepared to fight if it came to it, he knew not what to expect from such a being.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2015, 04:33:05 pm »

The discoveries of his hunters were intriguing. It looked as if there was more essence to be had around. Still more to be claimed.

Hestall gathers his weapons and his Riders, descending upon the Child of the Forgotten.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2015, 07:15:52 am »

Tellorus

Rumbling came upon the group of giants. In a language only beings of pure fire would understand they conferred. It sounded like the grinding of stone, the splash of magma and the sound of a river of lava combined.

Finally once more one stepped forward

Hmrgm...the Creator is dead. You killed him. Thus you are the new Creator, Lord of Fire.

the giants all knelt before Tellorus.

Sellithur

As the massive being came close to the hut the door flew open and three beings of vaguely human shape came forth. Only one of them had a single eye...which fit her well seeing as she did only have a single socket to fit it in. one was wearing a black shround and even straining her godly sight she couldn't quite penetrate the odd shadows around that one. The third elicited a matronly feeling. A memory of home, of nice summer evenings and spring days.

Well, look what the tides washed in.

she passed her eye to the one in the shrouds.

Hmpf...another one of those Godlings. Young by the smell...

the matronly one shushed them both. Curiously she possessed still both of her eyes...where her sisters had to share one.

"Shush you two. Welcome our guest it isn't often that we have one. My dear what can we do for you?"

in the background the shrouded one spits out on the ground, where the phlegm starts to burn a ground in the hole.
The massive one-eyed one only chuckles deeply and madly.

Hestall and Managone

Both gods try to reach the creature but it has dug in deep...very deep. Even gods need space to manifest and it would take immense power to move the amounts of earth and stone between the Child and Managone or Hestall.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2015, 02:52:02 pm »

The great hydra pauses, deep in thought. A soft hiss escapes her throats, creating a quiet hum that fills the air as the goddess contemplates her situation. "Ah. Forsooth that thou has't me at a disadvantage. Thee knoweth what I am, yet I has't no idea what thee art. Peradventure, then, we should start with names? I am Seilithur. Who might thee beest?"
All four pairs of eyes stare intently at the trio of beings before her, patiently awaiting a response.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:17:21 pm by Fr0stByt3 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2015, 03:56:43 pm »

Hmm...names have power child. I am Atropos.

the shrouded one spat out again. Skuld.

the matronly one only grinned. "Ah my name isn't important little one. What is important is what you want here at our hut? Not many visit the Crones."

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2015, 04:25:10 pm »

Seilithur hummed again, before nodding to herself. "Well met. As for what I desire, well..." Once again, there was a pause, accompanied by the low thrumming. "I has't many questions, but I doth not believeth that thither art many thee can answer. I doth not mean to insult thee, but much hath doubtless changed while I slept. Telleth me, what hath happened to these lands? At which hour last I hath walked these lands, those gents wast vibrant and full of life. Now, forsooth that all hath becometh a desolate wasteland that only recently hath begun to recall the presence of life. Wherefore is this?"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:26:56 pm by Fr0stByt3 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2015, 11:01:02 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2015, 05:26:19 pm »

"Simple my dear...the circle is continuing. After winter comes summer after all."

she snatched the eye from the shrouded one.

And then it dies all over again.

the eye passed around to the first Crone again.

On and on and on and on...

then she starts cackling again. The Shrouded one only spits deepening the hole in the ground. The matronly one tsks and goes back inside the hut.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]