Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning  (Read 8637 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning
« on: August 07, 2015, 05:13:11 pm »

Pantheon II

OOC Thread

A rift opens.

You are surrounded by darkness again.

No.

This is different. You can see light.

You are hungry.

No. That is not the right word. You crave. All of you. You feel the other six around you. In the darkness...they look like they could sate your crave.

Futher ahead you see it. What drove you through the walls that bind.

It is so very delicious.

A World unformed. A World ripe for the taking. A World awaiting you. Yet you are not alone. It is already inhabited. The beings there however are without goals. Without crave, without drive they are not really living. They don't need what you crave. They will have to relinquish it.

You have entered the Unnamed World
There are seven of you. You are nameless. You are formless. You are yet of the Void. What lies below you might sate you. Might give you form.

Spoiler:  The Gods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:43:06 pm by Ghazkull »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II IC-Thread: The Beginning
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 05:14:26 pm »

Nogis
Nogis bellows a mighty bellow, and starts devouring essence to boost his strength
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 05:20:54 pm »

Managone

I float (or whatever voidspawn do) towards any source of life.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 09:39:10 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 07:06:59 pm »

Vorstenn

Vorstenn is without form, but he is of hunger. He moves forth into the world below and seeks out a source of light and energy, be it one of the beings, or other.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 08:58:06 pm »

Ulth

A fleeting tear, a shadow in the black, shifts with purpose but without thought towards the shiniest, most appetising thing in the distance - the bright, glimmering sun.

Devour the sun, or at least a nice bit of coronal mass.

[Assuming there is a sun, of course.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 09:19:16 pm »

Kakarix

Kakarix felt. For the first time in countless aeons he could sense something. The new consciousness filled his empty being, pushing him to expand his toughts, observing the new world, smelling it and, most of all flavouring it. He could feel the life on the planet, countless lifeforms, spreading, growing, multiplying and dying all around him. All things he couldn't do. They were just humble bacteria, yet they had a power denied to his eternal essence: the power to create. So he begin to ate them, all the small, quick life, not out of envy but respect and emulation, for they were clearly the most perfect things in the universe.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 03:44:47 am »

Tellorus

Tellorus felt the others, felt their similar need to devour.  But that was instinct, not intelligence, and though formless, form and function still mattered.

Do not be hasty or you may devour something that will disagree with you.

Tellorus stretches it's self out towards multiple points in the new world, tasting just a bit from many different things that lie below to sample the flavors.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 01:19:25 pm »

Floundering in the Dark

As the new beings drawn by their craves find themselves in this new world many do as any newborn would do.

Ulth, hungry beyond measure gorges herself on the coronal mass of the sun and it grows dimmer and dimmer, while the godess gorges herself. But it does not sate her...it calms the craving for a few moments before it is renewed. The power of the sun while mighty is not what she craves.

Far below the land grows suddenly much darker and colder...except for a single part of the world brightly illuminated and still as warm as before...

Nogis bellowing in sheer anger at his crave and his hunger plunges below to the world devouring anything and everything: stones, the pillar-like stems of vast grey trees and the very earth itself. But it does not nourish him, indeed he feels violently sick and he regurgiates the useless mass turning vast patches of land into a poisonous sickly swamp.

Kakarix following him closely taste from the myriads of bacteria proliferating all around him on this strange world, yet they too are not very sating...indeed he spews them out, still alive yet strangely sick and different from their brethren.

Tellorus more cautious envelops this strange world and sends feelers to its various places tasting the different flavours, sampling them. He discovers that there are in fact seven very tasteful beings on this world.

Vorstenn follows the light that now brightly shines at the northern pole and approaches it. On fiery plains the being trods, behind him deserts of sand, glass and molten lava. A giant of enormous proportions, ever hunting the water to quench his thirst.

Managone seeks life, life he can feast upon but he is torn, the planet has many forms of life, one especially draws his attention far in the east, where it mingles with the sweet sickly taste of death...

Unknown to the others an eight passes through the weakened barriers to seek what might be beyond...

The sun is dimmed the planet grows cooler and darker
A Poisonous Swamp is spawned in the central Plains.
The Parched is found oon the northern side of the world, eternally chasing the water, burning all in his path.

Spoiler:  The Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ancients (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Nameless (click to show/hide)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 01:23:32 pm »

Managone

I approach the creatures who piqued my interest and devour some of them. I examine them as I consume.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 01:24:45 pm »

Nogis laughs a mighty laugh, though he regurgitated his food, he had created a dark swamp great for slaughter. Nogis devours slower, testing his food before he eats it
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 01:51:46 pm »

Tellorus

Tellorus reaches out and consolidates to the southern plains and envelops the lonely one, showing it visions of an active city filled with song and industry, art and life.

Your time of solitude is over, join with me and we will see all the wonders that this world has to offer, companions to challenge you and entertain you.  There is so much joy and knowledge that can be attained as a group.

Sweet words, but it does not really matter if they are accepted, consume the lonely one willingly and equally if they are accepted, violently and without mercy if they are not.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 01:59:51 pm »

Vorstenn finds the light of this world and he admires the titan that carries it. Yet, it is a thoughtless power, contained within yet not bringing any relief or benefit. This was the kind of power that made his craving all the more greater, enveloping him and driving him to one thing only. Yet, this was also a creature of great might, it was foolish to strike without preparation. Vorstenn was without form, yet he possessed some essence. It was a gamble but it was also a difference between mere existence and supremacy over the world.

Vorstenn approaches the Titan and attacks it by surprise. Fight to the death to acquire his fiery essence.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 02:03:39 pm »

Unfed, Ulth turns towards the world below, the tear in the world that is her being flickering for moments into the image of a lightless sun.  She descends to a land of emptiness, sorrow and absence, these Grey Plains that hint at a time long past.

Ulth devours the Forgetfulness of these lands, leaving Memory in her wake.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 02:08:21 pm »

Kakarix

Kakarix was confused. He tought such perfect beings could sate his hunger. Perhaps he was unworthy, incapable of consuming them because he didn't share their creative nature? He almost lost himself in this tought, when he noticed something. The bacteria he ate were different. I changed them he tought. that was new to him. He knew he could destroy, he knew he could consume but to change something? That was something he never heard of. So he extended his consciousness a little, "keeping an eye" on them if he had such thing as eyes. But he couldn't stop his searching for food, despite his curiosity. The craving was still too strong. Maybe bigger things will sate me? he tought, wen he saw a stange structure, a small mound of earth, where hundreds of thousands of creatures crawled on six appendages, always active, always ready to sate the biggest one inside. If they sate it, they can sate me too he tought, slowly eating the entire ant-hill.

observe the bacteria and eat the ant-hill
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:22:39 pm by Leonardo8 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 06:28:17 pm »

Karokassa

A whisper. A hint of a shadow of a trick of the light. Nothing more. This...emptiness. It was awful, and yet wonderful. The biting edge of the craving, the hunger. That desire to be full. It was...unsustainable. She had to eat. But what could be eaten? The world...the world was not the food she craved. The soil and rock would not fill her...but she had to eat something. The craving was too strong not to. Perhaps...these great pillars. Perhaps they would sate her, for a time. She would move as she ate; the world's secrets would be hers before long. And then she would eat enough to take the worst of the craving away. The rest would keep her sharp. Keep her active. Keep her hungry.

Explore, and eat the Pillar Trees as I go. Search the world for that which I crave.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8