Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER SCUM VICTORY!  (Read 47377 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 2 - Goblin Christmas
« Reply #255 on: August 21, 2015, 12:13:34 pm »

Also Tiruin has been prodded and will be replaced if she doesn't post by later tonight.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 21, 2015, 12:18:08 pm »

Quick post:

I was redirected/randomized to Persus13, and my action failed.  I expected the latter (what with people talking about how I would be Hugely Suspicious if no results came), but not the former.  Looks like at least two different people tried to interfere (as in, not just the inevitable scumteam interference).

Luckily, the test itself was never that important.  All it would have done was publicly reveal the picture NQT sent in.  The important stuff was done out in the open.

Everyone: So, what do you think of the test now?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 21, 2015, 01:57:02 pm »

That seems like a pretty weak power. Did you get blocked or was Persus dead before your action resolved?

As far as I can tell, your test was just seeing what NQT would do under threat of a kill/inspect? It doesn't seem to have achieved much other than getting some people to back off NQT for day 1.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 21, 2015, 02:08:28 pm »

That seems like a pretty weak power. Did you get blocked or was Persus dead before your action resolved?
Deus: It's weak.  One-shot, too (not used up, at least).  Still, compared to my other power, it's amazing.

The specific result I got: I got distracted by a party when dealing with NQT, and ended up with Persus.  I tried to reveal his face, but failed to do so. 
As far as I can tell, your test was just seeing what NQT would do under threat of a kill/inspect? It doesn't seem to have achieved much other than getting some people to back off NQT for day 1.
I am astounded, absolutely astounded by this answer.  Considering all I did surrounding the test yesterday, how exactly did you come to the conclusion that the sole purpose of the test was to see NQT's reaction?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 21, 2015, 02:14:33 pm »

I am astounded, absolutely astounded by this answer.  Considering all I did surrounding the test yesterday, how exactly did you come to the conclusion that the sole purpose of the test was to see NQT's reaction?
I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.

Anyways, I trust that you're telling the truth.

Tawarochir Why did you do that last night?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 21, 2015, 02:23:38 pm »

Everyone: So, what do you think of the test now?
I think that this demonstrates that NQT needs to be lynched. I find it too suspicious that your action was redirected onto the person who got nightkilled for it to be a coincidence.
Do what? Are you claiming tracker or something?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 21, 2015, 03:12:06 pm »

Do what? Are you claiming tracker or something?
Nope, just testing your reaction while I gear up for day 2.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 21, 2015, 03:34:24 pm »

Aw dangit. We still don't know what NQT is(or what his alignment is).

Honestly, this does look suspicious. NQT, do you have anything to say?

Everyone: any speculations on who Persus targeted with Goblin Christmas?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 21, 2015, 03:39:11 pm »

Perseus did next to nothing, so I have no idea who he might've targeted. The mafia probably went after him because he had no connections to anybody and it wouldn't throw suspicion on anybody who had been after him the day before.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2015, 03:44:28 pm »

Seriously? Bah.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2015, 03:50:24 pm »

In other words, a safe nightkill. Double dangit.
~~~
I can see why 4maskwolf might have thought that scum have a block ability-he had a block counter ability. It's still a game of outguess the mod for that, however.

Hm hm hm. Jack A T, do you have any speculation to offer on Persus' death? (you targeted Persus last night you say... now he's dead...)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2015, 04:02:40 pm »

Pfp- full post later

Tough luck for Persus, but it's obvious he wasn't the scum's night kill choice. Why would they kill someone who's said nothing? No, they must have been redirected that way or randomised.

Jack, what should the power have done?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2015, 04:06:28 pm »

The weird thing is, though, wouldn't they go after somebody who was already under suspect by townies, so that they could frame the townie as doing a revenge kill? No matter what way you look at it, it just creates more confusion and Wine In Front Of Me, so they'd probably do that under any circumstances possible, unless the mafioso themself was already under fire from the person being framed.

This leads me to the conclusion that this was a last resort by scum.

Ninja:
He already said that.
All it would have done was publicly reveal the picture NQT sent in.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2015, 04:33:37 pm »

NQT
Tough luck for Persus, but it's obvious he wasn't the scum's night kill choice. Why would they kill someone who's said nothing? No, they must have been redirected that way or randomised.
What? There are plenty of reasons why they'd kill someone who hadn't done anything. It means there wouldn't be anything to link them to Persus, for one thing.

Jack
What exactly did you do around the test besides asking people what they thought about it towards the end of the day (i.e, not an initial part of the test)?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2015, 05:06:38 pm »

I've sent a PM to zombie, asking whether my picture reveal power would have revealed the picture of someone dying the same night.  Still think I was blocked, though, as I see no reason why it wouldn't work in such a case.

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.
flabort: Snide, but not sarcastic.  I am legitimately astounded.
Anyways, I trust that you're telling the truth.
Would you care to explain why?

What exactly did you do around the test besides asking people what they thought about it towards the end of the day (i.e, not an initial part of the test)?
Deus: Ah, now I see what you're doing: reducing my test to the surface appearance of the very start of it and ignoring the rest.  Not even looking at the explicit statement I've made about wider intentions behind the initial claim post, of course:
Tiruin: Writing it in the style of NQT's claims allowed me to get attention while ensuring a strong link between his claims and mine in debate.  Also, it was fun.
Why are you looking at my test in such a surface-level, limited way?  Is this how you normally look at in-thread behaviour in Mafia?

NQT: As I said, it should have revealed the picture you sent in.  This would have tested one component of Claim 2.

Hm hm hm. Jack A T, do you have any speculation to offer on Persus' death? (you targeted Persus last night you say... now he's dead...)
Fallacy: I do have some speculation to offer, mostly surrounding the things done to me.  I'll save that for after Tawarochir answers my questions, though.  If I don't answer after that, please remind me.

Anyway, any narrative of me being the killer must deal with one thing: my claims in thread today.  Sorry to drag you into WIFOM, but it has to be dealt with: Why would killer me claim both the redirect or randomize and the action failure?  Why not just the latter, explaining the failure without connecting me to the dead?

I think that this demonstrates that NQT needs to be lynched. I find it too suspicious that your action was redirected onto the person who got nightkilled for it to be a coincidence.
Tawa: This feels like you're trying to find an excuse to kill off NQT, more than anything else.  There's a disconnect, I think, between your vote and your reasoning.  Let's start with a few questions:
*What exactly does my action being redirected to the NK target say about NQT?
*What alignment do you think NQT is?
*Do you think NQT was the redirector?
*Do you think I am telling the truth about my action and what happened to it?
*What does my action's failure, and my explanation of it, say about me?
*Why would a town-hostile redirector redirect my action to someone they knew was dying?  Keep in mind my strong hints of the action being an NK.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31