Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER SCUM VICTORY!  (Read 47382 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 1 - Day at the Museum
« Reply #210 on: August 18, 2015, 01:36:53 am »

4mask, are you still alive?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 18, 2015, 01:41:42 am »

Yup.

NQT: Care to explain why you felt the need to go through with a fake daykill?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 18, 2015, 02:00:38 am »

Claim 6

All of my powers (including the autos) have only a 1/3 chance of working, but I have a lot of them.

But let's pretend I'm lying. If so, isn't it obvious what I'd be trying to do? This sort of thing:

Beware of flabort, he's good at looking towny as scum.

NQT is always lying.  Figure out what his angle is.

Jack A T's vote flopping has drawn my attention, but I'm not sure what it means yet.

is handy whether you flip now or later. If you're town, it's a genuine reflection of your concerns. If you flip scum then it's carefully judged WIFOM. The fact that you were willing to call my bluff is interesting as well. Does it mean you're actually town, or does it mean you're just confident in making that call? This was a unique situation which might have yielded useful information.

What do people think of 4mask's response to the daykill?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 18, 2015, 02:27:54 am »

Claim 6

All of my powers (including the autos) have only a 1/3 chance of working, but I have a lot of them.
Bullshit. NQT, you're sure as hell not helping town, and I want you out of here before you waste any more of our time.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2015, 02:28:55 am »

My thinking is that this is actually a strong scum play: if a scum player is going to be lynched, it's in their interest to be day killed instead so there can still be a mislynch that day.

However, it also makes sense from a town perspective as that way the day isn't wasted.

I guess another way of putting it is: the votes were tied near the end of the day and 4mask breaks it in favour of Fallacy. The possibilities are:

1. 4mask is scum and Fallacy isn't
2. Scum were very confident of someone else breaking the tie in favour of a mislynch and so Teneb/4mask/NQT/Fallacy are all not-mafia
3. Scum are completely incompetent or absent, and so the team is something like Fallacy/Tiruin/Lidku

Right now a Tiruin lynch would be fine.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2015, 02:31:11 am »

Claim 6

Bullshit. NQT, you're sure as hell not helping town, and I want you out of here before you waste any more of our time.
Did you even read the second part of my post? Forcing someone to make a choice to call my bluff was damned useful. I'm a maverick but I get result.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 18, 2015, 02:35:38 am »

Tawa, whether you think I'm helpful or not has zero bearing on my alignment. We need to make productive lynches and that means hitting mafia and any serial killers. Is my play consistent with either?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2015, 02:46:07 am »

What do I think? I think I want answers. Why are you pulling this crap? Why did you randomly suggest to lynch Tiruin out of all the other candidates? Why do you think anybody is going to buy your weak-ass explanation as to why he didn't die? Why is the entire second part of your post WIFOM?

And yes, it's consistent with practically anybody but town. If you were town, you wouldn't have tried these pathetic experimental gambits. Who are they helping? They've been nothing but a point of contention all day, leading to Fallacy going off on epileptic-tree ramblings and Jack threatening anything from rolecop to nightkill. Tell me one reason I shouldn't lynch you.

And whether you'e being helpful or not has everything to do with your alignment, thank you very much. If you were being helpful, you wouldn't have pulled all this confusing crap from the get-go.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2015, 02:57:01 am »

The trouble with gambits, tricks and partial claims is that although there can be a high payoff, it paints a big target on your back. Scum usually win by letting town bicker among themselves and being just active enough not to raise alarm bells.

I've learned a lot from these experiments and depending on what people do tonight, I'll probably learn a lot more. Scum hunting requires getting  a reaction out of people. Mafia players can give by-the-numbers responses for most things so it helps to take them out of their comfort zone.

If you were paying more attention, you'd notice I've been doing other things today like trying to avoid the traditional sleepwalk into a D1 mislynch.

I've explained how I'm pro-town (if unconventional) but you still haven't answered in what way my actions would help a scum wincon. Sowing confusion and drawing suspicion isn't a wincon.

Jack has said he's testing at least some of my claims tonight. This probably means night killing me. Regardless of your alignment and what you really think, I'm not a productive target.

What do you think about the three end-of-day scenarios I just outlined? If 4mask's alignment is uncertain at this point then Tiruin, having posted but not voted or done much of anything would make a reasonable lynch choice.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2015, 03:16:34 am »

Look, I can get why you don't like this sort of thing and this kind of impassioned response is great. It shows that you might actually care. You're obviously not on the same team as 4mask as you made him the lynch lead so I don't think your switch to him was to save him. This is all useful stuff!

And I care as well. I just double checked and it looks like (as in the past) Tiruin has inconsistent internet access- she's not been on the forum since the 15th. So the strong conclusions I was drawing about her lack of voting were unjustified. As such, I still think 4mask is today's best target.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2015, 03:20:01 am »

1. You keep talking about how scum win by being active enough not to tip people off while letting the townies bicker. So why do you want to lynch somebody not conforming to your scumminess model?
2. I think you're a mafioso or serial killer, and you gave out a set of claims deliberately tailored to stop people from voting on you, investigating you, or lynching you anyway. Your "infectious" thing sounded fishy from the start, and now we know that you were lying about day killing. Your "jester" thing seemed like you were at least trying to imply that you could have the "jester" role and that you shouldn't be lynched.
3. We don't know for a fact that he wants to nightkill you. He could have practically any targeting role and be using that on you. Additionally, if you think he'll nightkill you, why do you intend to use peoples' actions overnight to assess the situation?
4. Scenarios: Want some of this delicious wine?
5. Sucking up now, are we? You're not even being subtle anymore.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2015, 03:58:15 am »

1. You keep talking about how scum win by being active enough not to tip people off while letting the townies bicker. So why do you want to lynch somebody not conforming to your scumminess model?
I'm not a robot. I said that was how they usually win. But 4mask isn't bucking the rule in any way. He slyly put the boot in on Fallacy and when he was the lynch target he made a move that maximises the chance of a mislynch.

2. I think you're a mafioso or serial killer, and you gave out a set of claims deliberately tailored to stop people from voting on you, investigating you, or lynching you anyway. Your "infectious" thing sounded fishy from the start, and now we know that you were lying about day killing. Your "jester" thing seemed like you were at least trying to imply that you could have the "jester" role and that you shouldn't be lynched.
I can see why you'd say that. Look at the last BYOR game though. I rolled jester-themed town and was night killed on day 1. I don't want happening again. But I'm telling you straight: at least two of those claims were true.

3. We don't know for a fact that he wants to nightkill you. He could have practically any targeting role and be using that on you. Additionally, if you think he'll nightkill you, why do you intend to use peoples' actions overnight to assess the situation?
It was just the most likely option. But yes, you're right that if it's a genuine kill and I die then I won't be around on D2; but at least everyone will have something to work with Jack.

4. Scenarios: Want some of this delicious wine?
Name another scenario then. I think I covered all the possibilities. This speculation is grounded thoroughly in the facts.

5. Sucking up now, are we? You're not even being subtle anymore.
I'm just calling things as I see them.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2015, 09:27:15 am »

(( 0) The focus on NQT))
1) Threatening people to do your bidding and agree with you.
2) Instead of coming up with ideas on your own you appeal to authority.
3) Not having any suspects (once you stopped focusing on NQT), viewing everyone as town. Being wishy-washy about hunting anyone else.
Even though you're "dropping your case" against me, I'm going to go ahead and and answer these concerns.

1. Threatening you say? My words were-something like this: "if you want NQT to not be lynched you had better give good reasoning or you will be suspicious to me". I think. So let's give an example. Urist McMafioso says "no, I don't want to lynch NQT because he's obviously town". Would that not earn your suspicion? If someone gives a reason, say: "no, I don't want to lynch NQT because his WIFOM bomb sparked a lot of conversation", that's justifiable.

2. Appeal to authority. Game two, man. I don't have enough experience to generate dense, filled-out cases on my own- though I have to say I'm trying, and learning. Besides, examining what others say provides me with good clues/thoughts/words to build my own arsenal for when I go on the attack.

3. No suspects. No obvious ones, anyway. Well, all things considered, 4maskwolf's pressure vote on me near the end of the day does seem rather scummy. Honestly, it's like he was trying to bring down a hammer on me at the end of the day without anyone else noticing, a hammer narrowly averted by NQT and an extension. It seems blasted obvious. 4maskwolf, plenty of reasoning has been brought against you. Reasoning I agree with wholeheartedly. (Of course, you may die anyway even without my vote, but if NQT's day kill is fake I still want you lynched for what you attempted to do to me. I don't suppose you have a response?

~~~
Right now a Tiruin lynch would be fine.

... what. A lynch on a near-lurker who hasn't been active enough to be read? There are better choices.
~~~

What do people think of 4mask's response to the daykill?
... I think he thinks you're bluffing on that. And honestly I think you're bluffing on the day kill also. (Posting in thread to activate? A PM seems like the more likely trigger. You could have posted in the thread as a courtesy to let us know you sent the PM, though. Still, let's see what happens.)
~~~
What do I think? I think I want answers. Why are you pulling this crap? Why did you randomly suggest to lynch Tiruin out of all the other candidates? Why do you think anybody is going to buy your weak-ass explanation as to why he didn't die? Why is the entire second part of your post WIFOM?

And yes, it's consistent with practically anybody but town. If you were town, you wouldn't have tried these pathetic experimental gambits. Who are they helping? They've been nothing but a point of contention all day, leading to Fallacy going off on epileptic-tree ramblings and Jack threatening anything from rolecop to nightkill. Tell me one reason I shouldn't lynch you.

And whether you'e being helpful or not has everything to do with your alignment, thank you very much. If you were being helpful, you wouldn't have pulled all this confusing crap from the get-go.
Ramblings... eh, true enough. And really, the one reason you shouldn't lynch him is Jack's test- if Jack wasn't doing that I would be tearing NQT to shreds right now- NQT's still on thin ice.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 18, 2015, 09:28:39 am »

Of course, Jack could be scum also pretending to test NQT to draw suspicion off him... still, as Jack said "it displays public results". So let's see what happens after this night. One way or another there will be info.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 18, 2015, 10:50:17 am »

Hmm.

4mask, you voted for Fallacy earlier based off him focussing on NQT's first post, but now you're voting for NQT based off of NQT's first post. Is NQT's gambit worthy of suspicion or not?

NQT, if you want to know what I think of the reaction, it seems pretty reasonable for someone who thinks there's a reasonable possibility of getting daykilled. The reads aren't immediately useful, especially given that one of them is a meta read and another is at least partially a joke.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31