Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game  (Read 17303 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2015, 07:39:31 pm »

Observe the intelligent fleshball. Ponder some more. Catch another needler, and then carefully extract it's brain, keeping it as intact as possible. Attempt to instill basic pack intelligence into the brain, such as attacking hostile targets and defending friendlies. Hostiles included anything engaged in combat with a friendly. If friendlies are fighting, Fleeber follows the hierarchy. Feed the rest of the caught needler to the fleshball.
If that doesn't work, simply fuse the brain with the fleebler's brain to make it bigger (smarter?). Use extra flesh from the fleshball if required.

(We ponder a lot.)

Needlers lack pack intelligence. However, by increasing the size of the brain it is better at assessing situations. It figures out that it would not be a good swimmer, which is good because it would have drowned. It rolls around a bit.

"Yes let's, I have an idea for a weapon that could help us."

Find a long smooth stick, or if there is no stick stretch one needler out and harden its flesh to make one and then attach a ball off flesh at one end, take the needles off a couple needlers and attach them to the ball of flesh: Needle Mace, make 2 since it shouldn't use all the needlers and I can use them as flesh.

Then give the Needle Maces to whoever wants them

You stretch out some flesh and make a ball on the end. You then add some spikes and harden the flesh as much as you can. Its as hard as solid muscle. All and all it seems like it would make a fine weapon, but there is only enough needlers for one mace.

"It may be empty, but it is safe, and has life. perhaps now might be a good time to get to grips with our abilities, and harvest some food. We can't keep travelling as light as we are now."

Crack open crab, attach claws and shell onto fleshball. Try and ascertain edibility of crab, and also look for anything that may be of use in cooking..
You assume it could be edible. You've never seen a cave crab before so you really have no idea. You shell the top of your fleshball and give it claws. It doesn't really seem to understand what they are for, as it has no eyes or brain. There is nothing you could use for cooking nearby. This is a fairly barren cavern.

Everyone looks like they are having fun catching critters. . . . I am going to try to catch some too.
Well after I fleshmancy my fleshball carefully, stretching its top part out to make it longer, and hollowing out its inside, so its less of a ball and more of an open bottle pouch, then I work on the other end, streching it so its exit is as wide and open as its enterence, and then slowly turning that into a grated filter, fleshy lines made sronger and harder by magic, so water and really really small stuff, no bigger than my thumb, will be able to flow though, but everything else gets trapped.

After a lot of delicate work you manage to turn your fleshball into a flesh net thing. It seems pretty effective and you catch two cave fish before the rest retreat to deeper water.

Brains (non-needler brains are acceptable) for the fleshball!
You currently have no brains besides the ones you already attached to your fleshball.

"This hall is empty let us move on"

You sneak a peak into the next room. It looks like a mushroom forest.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2015, 08:19:40 pm »

Character Sheet:
Name:Greg
Physical description:A sickly broken old man.
Personality description: slightly crazed from his experimenting with Necromancy
Describe your ideal cavern section:Any where.
Backstory: he was banished some few years before the illness, for attempting to combine Fleshmancy and Necromancy. before that he "was" an elder, the other elders "scrambled his brain" before sending him away...
Extra bits: three legs, one arm, twelve eyes, an external digestive system, skin rotting off, You get the idea right?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:42:44 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2015, 08:28:16 pm »

"Any of you want a mace?"
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2015, 08:32:02 pm »

the being that was elder greg wanders down a wall...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2015, 10:09:40 pm »

Catch some living stuff. Extract the brains of all of our pets (except those which are declared to not be a target of this), and stick them onto my fleshball.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2015, 10:30:45 pm »

Catch some living stuff. Extract the brains of all of our pets (except those which are declared to not be a target of this), and stick them onto my fleshball.

You see an abomination by the name of Old Greg. He's no more than a husk of a man, driven crazy by necromatic attempts. However... he still has some good flesh on him.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2015, 10:32:48 pm »

"Seriously does anyone want a mace?"
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2015, 10:33:42 pm »

You see an abomination by the name of Old Greg. He's no more than a husk of a man, driven crazy by necromatic attempts. However... he still has some good flesh on him.
"Greg? Is that you? Long time, no see, buddy! How's that Necromancy side-project going?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2015, 10:40:45 pm »

"It Wennnnt Perr-urgl-urgle-urgle.!.." "rotted SEMILIVEING wind pipe falls out"
TRANSLATION: "It went perfectly!" 
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2015, 10:45:51 pm »

also will the players list be updated?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2015, 10:54:09 pm »

"It Wennnnt Perr-urgl-urgle-urgle.!.." "rotted SEMILIVEING wind pipe falls out"
TRANSLATION: "It went perfectly!"
"Was your windpipe... supposed to do that? If it wasn't, I'm sure my friends and I can help patch you up."

Bring Greg back to the group.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2015, 11:10:13 pm »

grab a Needler shove to throat restore windpipe in that order
"Much better"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:23:19 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2015, 11:19:41 pm »

"Much better"
I can't read your text without highlighting or quoting it.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2015, 11:31:12 pm »

"Much better"

You take a needler from [ATHATH] its the last needler in the whole room. The group has basically hunted them to extinction. Your voice is froggy and sounds more like a croak. It took the entire needler to repair your throat area. As a result, your throat looks like frog skin and two needler eyes stick out from it. The needler's mouth is in your throat and eats some of your food. Trying to alter this situation may lead to suffication.

(Also necromancy is not possible in this game)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2015, 11:34:23 pm »

"He was banished and he is an abomination we can't let him in the group."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14