Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game  (Read 17298 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2015, 12:01:23 am »

"Well time to get down and dirty, but before I do can I see your needlers?"

try to catch as many needlers as possible, but get out of the water if a huge fish shape comes along.

You have one already on in your hand, it makes it difficult to catch more. If only you had somewhere to put it.

"Ah, just more needlers."

Try and fleshmancy some on the spines onto the fleshball, and try and remember if needlers are edible.

Also, wade into water and try to catch a fish. Still cautious.

You succeed on getting some of the needles to grafted onto your fleshball. You remember that needlers are edible, but don't taste very good. You wade into the water, but you have difficulty catching a fish while holding onyo your needler.

Move back a bit from the lake, with my needler and fleshball so I have some space. Think and ponder, then ponder some more about fleshing and my abilities. Keep careful hold of the needler, so it doesn't escape me but I don't injure myself. Cautiously, taking my time so as to minimize mistakes, take a small section of flesh from the fleshling, and shape into roughly a frog shape, about three inches long. The front side tapers somewhat, and has vague facial structures. I take four of the legs from the needler, and place two on the flesh-frog body facing frontwards, and two facing backwards. I take the mouth of the needler and attach it to the front of the flesh-frog, so it can eat. Take the eyes of the needler, and place one in the front, and one in the back, so it can see in front of it and behind it. Finally, take the needles of the needler, and reshape them to be smaller, to fit on the legs of the flesh-frog, so it can stab at other creatures. Then I attach them to the upperside of the leg, facing its feet. Attach the remaining needles to the body, half facing forwards, the rest facing backwards. After pondering some more, I step back and let my fleshfrog, hereby named Fleebler, to life.

(whee fleshing)

You after a long process of forming and shaping a frog, create your Feebler. He is a lot like a needler, which are also frog shaped, but has some legs going forward and some backwards. It hes an eye on the front and back so that it may see either direction. It also has needles much like a needler. You had to give it the needler's stomach too so it can digest food. In fact, you hardly used any fleshball flesh because the Fleebler is entirely made of your needler you caught earlier. You let you Fleebler go and it immediately looks confused. It remembers being a needler and the new eye orientation is confusing, maybe next time alter the brain some to prevent that. It hops to the edge of the water and sits there.

Concentrate highky on giving the fleshball needles, cutiously surrounding his body

You take all the needles of the Needler and place them on your fleshball. Not all stick, but a good number manage to take hold.

Strip the needler of its needles, and fuse them into bone spears. Search for more life.

You fuse all the needles together, but there aren't enough to make than a shiv, much less a spear. You could investigate the lake or the tunnel for new life, but there is none in your immediate field of vision.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2015, 12:23:05 am »

Fleshmancy my flesh ball into the shape of a bowl, as big as I can, fill the bowl with water and stick my needler and any other needlers I catch in it, harden the flesh before filling it with water.

"I made us a needler storage, I'll carry it."
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2015, 04:57:02 am »

"Good idea. Really we need some kind of building material, cause flesh won't work for everything."

When bowl is finished, add de-needled needler to bowl. Then resume fishing attempts.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2015, 03:44:44 pm »

Ponder. Take Fleebler, and if I can still flesh him, take some time to alter his brain to recognize me as his master. His hierarchy is me, then my team, then anyone else who is friendly. Also, if I can still flesh him out, take some flesh from my fleshling, fashion it into a long tongue, and then remove a spike from his back and size it to about an inch long. Attach it to the end of the tongue, and ravel it into its mouth. Then take some muscle from the fleshling and make the tongue very strong, so it is able to shoot out, almost like a spear.
(Think frog tongue but with a spear/barb on the end)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2015, 05:14:35 pm »

Fleshmancy my flesh ball into the shape of a bowl, as big as I can, fill the bowl with water and stick my needler and any other needlers I catch in it, harden the flesh before filling it with water.

"I made us a needler storage, I'll carry it."

You stretch you fleshball as big as you can and harden it a bit before filling it with water. Its tapered at the top so the needlers can't jump out. It now holds 3 needlers.

"Good idea. Really we need some kind of building material, cause flesh won't work for everything."

When bowl is finished, add de-needled needler to bowl. Then resume fishing attempts.

With your needler in the bowl you head back to the water. You can't seem to catch any of the fish, but you manage to get your hands on a fist sized white cave crab.

Ponder. Take Fleebler, and if I can still flesh him, take some time to alter his brain to recognize me as his master. His hierarchy is me, then my team, then anyone else who is friendly. Also, if I can still flesh him out, take some flesh from my f and eshling, fashion it into a long tongue, and then remove a spike from his back and size it to about an inch long. Attach it to the end of the tongue, and ravel it into its mouth. Then take some muscle from the fleshling and make the tongue very strong, so it is able to shoot out, almost like a spear.
(Think frog tongue but with a spear/barb on the end)

Brains are very very tricky. You manage to get the fleebler to recognize you and your party as a non-threat, but it isn't intelligent enough to take commands. You take some muscle from your fleshball and make a long tonge and buff up the tongue shooter and add some densely packed needles to the end of it.

The rest of the group seems to just be hanging out and resting.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2015, 05:23:39 pm »

Catch needlers and put them in the bowl
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2015, 07:15:15 pm »

Catch creatures, extract their brains, and attach them (the brains) to the fleshball, hopefully making it smarter.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2015, 08:34:25 am »

Now kill the remaining animal, and feed it to my fleshball. Gaze into the hall, what other animals can I spot?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2015, 11:07:22 am »

Catch needlers and put them in the bowl

There are now 6 needlers in the bowl.

Catch creatures, extract their brains, and attach them (the brains) to the fleshball, hopefully making it smarter.

You catch two needlers and integrate them into the fleshball. The results are unusual. It begins rolling toward the mud and sits there. It seems to think it is now a needler.

Now kill the remaining animal, and feed it to my fleshball. Gaze into the hall, what other animals can I spot?

Your fleshblall grows slightly in size. With the exception of the small lake, the room is completely baren. You notice the whole room is oddly smooth.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2015, 02:23:32 pm »

Observe the intelligent fleshball. Ponder some more. Catch another needler, and then carefully extract it's brain, keeping it as intact as possible. Attempt to instill basic pack intelligence into the brain, such as attacking hostile targets and defending friendlies. Hostiles included anything engaged in combat with a friendly. If friendlies are fighting, Fleeber follows the hierarchy. Feed the rest of the caught needler to the fleshball.
If that doesn't work, simply fuse the brain with the fleebler's brain to make it bigger (smarter?). Use extra flesh from the fleshball if required.

(We ponder a lot.)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2015, 03:53:31 pm »

"This hall is empty let us move on"

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2015, 04:19:26 pm »

"Yes let's, I have an idea for a weapon that could help us."

Find a long smooth stick, or if there is no stick stretch one needler out and harden its flesh to make one and then attach a ball off flesh at one end, take the needles off a couple needlers and attach them to the ball of flesh: Needle Mace, make 2 since it shouldn't use all the needlers and I can use them as flesh.

Then give the Needle Maces to whoever wants them

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2015, 12:03:43 am »

Brains (non-needler brains are acceptable) for the fleshball!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2015, 02:58:41 am »

"It may be empty, but it is safe, and has life. perhaps now might be a good time to get to grips with our abilities, and harvest some food. We can't keep travelling as light as we are now."

Crack open crab, attach claws and shell onto fleshball. Try and ascertain edibility of crab, and also look for anything that may be of use in cooking..
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2015, 06:06:44 am »

Everyone looks like they are having fun catching critters. . . . I am going to try to catch some too.
Well after I fleshmancy my fleshball carefully, stretching its top part out to make it longer, and hollowing out its inside, so its less of a ball and more of an open bottle pouch, then I work on the other end, streching it so its exit is as wide and open as its enterence, and then slowly turning that into a grated filter, fleshy lines made sronger and harder by magic, so water and really really small stuff, no bigger than my thumb, will be able to flow though, but everything else gets trapped.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14