Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game  (Read 17341 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2015, 11:17:54 pm »

"Sounds like a plan.

However, note that he wasn't the only one using fleshmancy. And our goal is not to find strong creatures, at least not at the cost of our lives. We do not even have the most basic of weapons."

"I consider fleshmancy a very advanced weapon and tool. You have a point, however."

Locate a large, cow-like creature. I have a plan for some weapons.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2015, 10:15:00 am »

"Lets go where the mud and dirt are we might find stuff to build some huts and start a colony, which is our goal afterall."

Your group ignores the cracks and moves down through the tunnel. It isn't a long walk before you come to a decently sized cavern. It's not quite as big as your homeland, maybe 4/5ths the size. The cavern has a lake which continues on out of sight underneath a ledge at the far side. Around the lake is a good 10 feet of deep mud and another 10 feet of seemingly solid dirt. Grickleback Needlers skitter away as you enter the cavern. Other creatures swim through the muddy water. There is another exit on the other side of the cavern.

"Sounds like a plan.

However, note that he wasn't the only one using fleshmancy. And our goal is not to find strong creatures, at least not at the cost of our lives. We do not even have the most basic of weapons."

"I consider fleshmancy a very advanced weapon and tool. You have a point, however."

Locate a large, cow-like creature. I have a plan for some weapons.

You look around for cows, but find none in the cave.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:18:11 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2015, 10:42:22 am »

"Now this... this could do."

Barro wanders over to the lake and from its surface tries to get a clearer look at what creatures are inside it.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2015, 12:27:30 pm »

Murmur "This... I like this cavern." Look around for any plant life. If I find any, go over and investigate the closer plant.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2015, 01:05:45 pm »

"Now this... this could do."

Barro wanders over to the lake and from its surface tries to get a clearer look at what creatures are inside it.

Its a bit muddy. Actually its really muddy. But the surface is mostly still. Amphibious creatures splash into the edge of the water. Some fishlike shapes can be seen in the shallows.

Murmur "This... I like this cavern." Look around for any plant life. If I find any, go over and investigate the closer plant.

There are two or three mushrooms growing on the wall by the entrance you came in from. There are also a few pale and meek water reeds growing in a patch on the left side of the muddy area. Save for that however, the rest is barren grey rock.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2015, 02:38:51 pm »

Cautiously try to catch one of the amphibious creatures. Withdraw if any of the fishlike shapes come towards me.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2015, 04:13:07 pm »

Do mushrooms 'mancy in this?

Disassemble the firing mechanisms of a couple of Needlers, then put them back together as two larger versions of the cannons that are attached to my shoulders.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2015, 08:45:41 pm »

Aid Barro with the Amphibian catching

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2015, 09:54:57 pm »

Though curious about the reeds, I am more curious about the creatures. Assist in catching a amphibious creature, and similarly withdraw should any fishlike creatures come forth, barring very small ones, attempt to catch them as well. If possible catch another creature for myself to experiment with, should they prove docile.
"zzz"

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2015, 12:41:24 pm »

(Don't forget to check the known creature's list beneath the OP)

Cautiously try to catch one of the amphibious creatures. Withdraw if any of the fishlike shapes come towards me.

Aid Barro with the Amphibian catching

Though curious about the reeds, I am more curious about the creatures. Assist in catching a amphibious creature, and similarly withdraw should any fishlike creatures come forth, barring very small ones, attempt to catch them as well. If possible catch another creature for myself to experiment with, should they prove docile.

After a lot of chasing the very quick needlers you manage to catch four needlers. So far the fish shapes are small and are just stunted cave fish, you're not sure if that's a good sign or a bad one. At this point the four of you each have one needler and your fleshball. Everyone else just has their fleshball.

Do mushrooms 'mancy in this?

Disassemble the firing mechanisms of a couple of Needlers, then put them back together as two larger versions of the cannons that are attached to my shoulders.

(The needlers don't shoot their quills, if I remember correctly, they're like a backwards porcupine frog. Also mushrooms don't mancy because they feed off death, so you can't use life magic (fleshmancy) on them).

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2015, 12:46:58 pm »

"Well time to get down and dirty, but before I do can I see your needlers?"

try to catch as many needlers as possible, but get out of the water if a huge fish shape comes along.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2015, 01:32:21 pm »

"Ah, just more needlers."

Try and fleshmancy some on the spines onto the fleshball, and try and remember if needlers are edible.

Also, wade into water and try to catch a fish. Still cautious.

Sigtext

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2015, 03:45:22 pm »

Move back a bit from the lake, with my needler and fleshball so I have some space. Think and ponder, then ponder some more about fleshing and my abilities. Keep careful hold of the needler, so it doesn't escape me but I don't injure myself. Cautiously, taking my time so as to minimize mistakes, take a small section of flesh from the fleshling, and shape into roughly a frog shape, about three inches long. The front side tapers somewhat, and has vague facial structures. I take four of the legs from the needler, and place two on the flesh-frog body facing frontwards, and two facing backwards. I take the mouth of the needler and attach it to the front of the flesh-frog, so it can eat. Take the eyes of the needler, and place one in the front, and one in the back, so it can see in front of it and behind it. Finally, take the needles of the needler, and reshape them to be smaller, to fit on the legs of the flesh-frog, so it can stab at other creatures. Then I attach them to the upperside of the leg, facing its feet. Attach the remaining needles to the body, half facing forwards, the rest facing backwards. After pondering some more, I step back and let my fleshfrog, hereby named Fleebler, to life.

(whee fleshing)
"zzz"

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2015, 09:31:47 pm »

Concentrate highky on giving the fleshball needles, cutiously surrounding his body

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2015, 10:13:28 pm »

Strip the needler of its needles, and fuse them into bone spears. Search for more life.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14