Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game  (Read 17294 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2015, 03:56:29 am »

Barro pauses, looking at the stream.

"Give me a minute here guys."

Check length of long things from distance. If not long enough to reach current position, stick head underwater and have a look around.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2015, 08:47:59 am »

They are further down the walkway just hanging there. They don't quite reach the floor. They are long and thin and occasionally have small tendrils sticking off the side.

You look in the river and look around. However due to the movement of the water its like trying to beat a wind tunnel in a staring contest. You think you see the flash of a fish deeper where the water is slower, but you cannot be sure.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2015, 09:23:48 am »

Try to grab one of the things. Then, head downstream.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2015, 09:47:59 am »

Stand well back as he tries to grab one.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2015, 11:27:39 am »

Try to grab one of the things. Then, head downstream.

You blindly grab one of the things. It is long and fleshy. Small stiff hairs cover the entire thing. It is quite sticky. It immediately wraps around your hand and pulls you upwards off the ground about 5 feet. The stick hairs make it incredibly hard to unwrap the thing from your hand and forearm. Other tentacles begin moving slowly towards you and noises can be heard out of view on the ledge above. You are slowly being pulled upwards now, but as the other tentacles move closer you fear that you may be in significant danger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Not sure whats goin' on with the white at the bottom of the picture. Its supposed to be all river. Sorry about my poor drawing skills, I can't actually art anything bigger than 32x32, and hardly even that).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:46:01 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2015, 11:30:01 am »

"...shit."

See if I can grab a limb and pull him back. If the tentacles move towards me, let go and move back.

Sigtext

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2015, 12:23:13 pm »

Ponder briefly. Quickly look for a long, thin stick or rock of some sort, run to another tentacle and attempt to deceive it by thinking the item is my arm.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2015, 04:10:24 pm »

Fleshmancy the tentacle, move all the muscle and suckers upwards into the darkness.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:28:59 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2015, 04:10:41 pm »

((SHIT... Can I fleshmancy something quickly, if I don't care about how it turns out?))

Hmm... This could be unpleasant...

If yes to to question, I fleshmancy the thing to make it weak, or make it let go. If I can't do that, I try to bite or rip it apart.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2015, 04:15:25 pm »

((SHIT... Can I fleshmancy something quickly, if I don't care about how it turns out?))

If yes to to question, I fleshmancy the thing to make it weak, or make it let go. If I can't do that, I try to bite or rip it apart.

Prevent him from doing this. Detach the tentacles and attach them to my back, preferably in such a way that I can control them like limbs.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2015, 04:23:26 pm »

Prevent him from doing this. Detach the tentacles and attach them to my back, preferably in such a way that I can control them like limbs.
M8, I am probably gonna get eaten if I get pulled up. There are plenty of other tentacles you can grab later. Don't stop me from saving myself >.>

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2015, 05:09:11 pm »

M8, I am probably gonna get eaten if I get pulled up. There are plenty of other tentacles you can grab later. Don't stop me from saving myself >.>
Let him weaken only the tentacle that holds him.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2015, 08:57:18 pm »

examine the long things.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2015, 09:04:57 pm »

examine the long things.

(There is a picture above, that may change your action. If not, I can update.)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2015, 09:46:34 pm »

Between the pulling, being hit with a rock and several fleshmancers wildly shooting magic at it, the tentacle section above [werty] (sorry, I'm fairly bad at names, it takes me a bit to figure it out) tears and melts. However, the wild use of fleshmancy is not without its consequences. [Werty's] arm dissolves at forearm and becomes a twisted stump. A chittering noise that can only be likened to a painful scream echos through the tunnel. The other tentacles quickly withdraw.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14