Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game  (Read 17308 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2015, 08:18:01 pm »

Name: Xavier
Physical description: A collection of mismatched parts, which only vaguely resemble his original form.
Personality description: Xavier is obsessed with improving himself, and values function over form. Think of the Primal Zerg mentality mixed with Abathur's mentality, and you'll be pretty close to Xavier's mindset.
Describe your ideal cavern section: An area full of life to improve myself.
Backstory: Xavier was already interested in fleshmancy before the disease struck. He was left untouched by it because his biology was so vastly different than the rest of the tribe.
Extra Bits: Xavier has four arms, a spider-like lower half, hooved feet, the ability to photosynthesize (via leaves growing on his spider-half's back), openable compartments within his body, is covered in chitin, and can launch items (such as spiked balls of chitin) using a biological cannon located on the tip of a "tail" that extends from the middle of his spine.

Athath, your character is a bit overpowered. Can you dial back some of the upgrades? (Compartments, bio-cannon, and spider body are a no go for starting, but everything else is fine by me.)
Alright, but you do realize that I'm going to try to "re"acquire them as soon as the game starts, right?

I'm just confused as to how photosynthesis is useful for cave dwelling people.
Glowing crystals? How do we see down here?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game (Looking For Players)
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2015, 08:21:49 pm »

There will be many glowing things. But all characters get some darkvision simply out of necessity for the game to run.The world is mostly twilight, and there will be some areas that are too dark to see even with your starting cave adaption.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2015, 08:22:43 pm »

There will be many glowing things. But all characters get some darkvision simply out of necessity for the game to run.The world is mostly twilight, and there will be some areas that are too dark to see even with your starting cave adaption.
Is there enough light to photosynthesize? Are there plants down here?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2015, 08:26:07 pm »

There are some areas bright enough to allow very efficient photosynthesis, but they are few and far between.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2015, 10:48:14 pm »

The ISG is up. It has a much lighter feel than this game will. Check it out if you're interested: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152510.msg6434148#msg6434148

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2015, 01:37:33 pm »

((Any eta on this starting?))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2015, 04:33:12 pm »

Ok Im in for this my character sheet will be up soon also spider king i owe you an apology for going awol on your last game i was involved in too many games at the time.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2015, 05:33:18 pm »

The ETA is today. If I can figure out how to set up my wifi. I just moved earlier today, so once the wifi is up I can switch from my phone to the computer.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2015, 06:19:37 pm »

My ATT Internet thing refuses to work. All my games will be delayed until I can get it set up and use my computer.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2015, 07:50:28 pm »

Name: Axol
Physical description: Tall, lean as opposed to muscular but still decently built. Has black hair and one deep violet eye, one deep green eye. Has a collection of minor modifications, only a few mentionable ones.
Personality description: Mostly quiet. Is intelligent, and has excellent spatial sense, useful for construction and fleshing. Prefers a stealthy approach to situations and tends to be sarcastic, but not rude or mean. Despite his tendency towards silence, is quite genuine and kind-hearted. In combat situations however is virtually ruthless, barring situations which touch him deeply.
Describe your ideal cavern section: Very big, open caverns, preferably with underground rivers. Multiple layers, waterfalls if applicable (for aesthetics). If there is foliage underground, then a very heavily foliated region.
Backstory: Axol was very interested in fleshmancy for a long time, but didn't get his chance till the disease struck. For this reason, he somewhat selfishly regards it not only as a bane but as a boon.
Extra bits: His legs have been modified to increase muscular density repeatedly, so his top movement speed is a couple times faster than most. His feet also have been modified to have very fleshy pads on the soles, allowing him to move much more quietly than average people. Finally, his most noticeable modification are large, black, feathery wings out of his back. While they aren't capable of flight (at least, not without further modification), they are large enough for him to cover himself completely with them. Due to their color, he can effectively visually disappear in a dark cave.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2015, 12:20:17 pm »

The Big Man, The Mutant, Wide-eyes, The Water Breather, The Fixer, Tailboy, and Feathers all walk into a bar

Your party, after a long week of preparation and waiting, heads down the only tunnel which connects your ancestral home to the rest of the vast network of caves. Your family members, if any are left alive, cry as you go. You carry on your shoulders the history of your entire people, both past and future. For you to fail is for you to destroy an entire way of life from the history of this world. You know you cannot fail.

The tunnel is darker than your cave, the rocks here give off less light than those in your cavern. You miss it already, as it is all you have ever known. Now you walk, one by one, down the dark passage which your ancestors walked through thousands of years ago. You know not what to expect or where to go. You simply have your wits and your expedition members. And, of course, your uncertain grasp on fleshmancy.

After a few hours of walking silently you see a light, or at least less darkness, coming from the end of the tunnel. You spill out into a cavern several times the size of your homeland. You can barely see the ceiling and the walls seem to go on forever. It is rocky and you see danger in every shadow. This place was not safe, you could feel it. But you had one last job to do. Silently you and your fellow move the closest boulder over the passage to your home. The cave sickness must not escape. Sorrow fills you as you push the boulder into place, knowing that it cannot be removed from the other side. Your friends, family, and home are gone now. Only you and those around you remain. A mixed and sorry bunch you all are.

You can see three walls of this cavern, the far wall is obscured by rocks. It is circular. You can see a tunnel off to your left and a small tunnel off to your right. Your vision is obscured by protrusions of rock throughout the cavern. They look spiky.

History is in your hands now and you must decide what path it will take.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:26:39 pm by Spiderking50 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2015, 12:41:36 pm »

"I say we go left. Afterall we do not know where any of these tunnels lead, so any direction is just the same."

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2015, 01:22:44 pm »

((Are there still slots open?))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2015, 01:40:15 pm »

Barrow shrugs.

"The left hand tunnel seems bigger at least."

He walks out slightly further into the cavern, examining the protrusions, and trying to get a clearer view down the passages.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2015, 01:47:56 pm »

"Why not, you can lead the way."

follow the group, not in the front
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14