Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game  (Read 17283 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 12:31:20 pm »

Name: Xavier
Physical description: A collection of mismatched parts, which only vaguely resemble his original form.
Personality description: Xavier is obsessed with improving himself, and values function over form. Think of the Primal Zerg mentality mixed with Abathur's mentality, and you'll be pretty close to Xavier's mindset.
Describe your ideal cavern section: An area full of life to improve myself.
Backstory: Xavier was already interested in fleshmancy before the disease struck. He was left untouched by it because his biology was so vastly different than the rest of the tribe.
Extra Bits: Xavier has four arms, a spider-like lower half, hooved feet, the ability to photosynthesize (via leaves growing on his spider-half's back), openable compartments within his body, is covered in chitin, and can launch items (such as spiked balls of chitin) using a biological cannon located on the tip of a "tail" that extends from the middle of his spine.

Athath, your character is a bit overpowered. Can you dial back some of the upgrades? (Compartments, bio-cannon, and spider body are a no go for starting, but everything else is fine by me.)
Alright, but you do realize that I'm going to try to "re"acquire them as soon as the game starts, right?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game (Looking For Players)
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 12:36:40 pm »

Name: Fernando
Physical description: Blonde, long haired dude, with slender features. His eyes are bigger than the eyes of usual human beings
Personality description: Fernando is an artist and sees fleshmancy as the work of an artisan, he looks for interesting life to create living art.
Describe your ideal cavern section: An area full of life to create art
Backstory: Fernando was the tribal ritualist aiding the shamans, but his true spirit is the one of an artist. He sees art around every corner and more than once his art has helped the people.
Extra Bits: Fernando has widened eyes and intricate ears which help him visualize his surroundings

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 12:46:09 pm »

Yeah that's fine. If you can explain to me how you're going to construct a biocannon using bits of other creatures, then you can have it when the time comes (within reason). But for balance sake and probably due to tribe law or something, I'm gonna say that they are OP to start.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 02:10:09 pm »

In I'll get a sheet up in a few hours.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 03:01:01 pm »

Name: Barro
Physical description: A thin man, but tight with muscle. His fingers and toes are slightly flattened, and he is inclined to leaving them bare. His chest bulges outwards abnormally much, and slight ridges line his neck, hinting at gills. However, the skin around these parts is horribly scarred.
Personality description: Barro is a simple man, and dedicated to his tribe. He would risk much to see it endure.
Describe your ideal cavern section: Barro's ideal cavern would be the village, full of life. The only addition he would make would be a lake.
Backstory: Barro was a fisherman, before he feel and nearly drowned. Dragged from the water, his lungs flooded, the tribe grafted primitive gills on him, in an effort to save him. It worked, and he remained submerged,  lungs dysfunctional, for a long while, before the tribe found replacement lungs. Their grafting went poorly, leaving his chest to heal roughly and constricted - to such an extent that he was more comfortable on water than on land.
Extra bits: Barro is modified to survive underwater for a much longer period than average. He has primitive gills and an increased (and more efficient) lung capacity, enabling him to last a few hours underwater. However, on the surface he suffers from chest pains and restricted movement, rendering him less effective at strenuous activities.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 05:27:36 pm »

Name: Xavier
Physical description: A collection of mismatched parts, which only vaguely resemble his original form.
Personality description: Xavier is obsessed with improving himself, and values function over form. Think of the Primal Zerg mentality mixed with Abathur's mentality, and you'll be pretty close to Xavier's mindset.
Describe your ideal cavern section: An area full of life to improve myself.
Backstory: Xavier was already interested in fleshmancy before the disease struck. He was left untouched by it because his biology was so vastly different than the rest of the tribe.
Extra Bits: Xavier has four arms, a spider-like lower half, hooved feet, the ability to photosynthesize (via leaves growing on his spider-half's back), openable compartments within his body, is covered in chitin, and can launch items (such as spiked balls of chitin) using a biological cannon located on the tip of a "tail" that extends from the middle of his spine.

Athath, your character is a bit overpowered. Can you dial back some of the upgrades? (Compartments, bio-cannon, and spider body are a no go for starting, but everything else is fine by me.)
Alright, but you do realize that I'm going to try to "re"acquire them as soon as the game starts, right?

I'm just confused as to how photosynthesis is useful for cave dwelling people.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 05:55:30 pm »

So we have two options.

Option 1: We start sometime later tonight and I sporadically update for the next couple days until I return from vacation.
(This means that other players can join later and catch up)

Option 2: We wait until I return from vacation (14th-15th) and then start.
(This gives more time for other players to sign up.)

What do you all think?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 06:11:30 pm »

Wait I've got stuff that causes me to not be as active till then too.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 06:41:50 pm »

I may do a simple SG on the same concept in the meantime. Unless anyone is opposed or the majority wants to start now.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 07:09:52 pm »

Ptw and post a sheet later.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 07:49:44 pm »

So am I in?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 07:52:28 pm »

Yes, everyone so far is in. We just need to decide if we want to start today (and me update every day or two) or wait a week (and me update whenever everyone has posted). If we start now, after a week things will steady out.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 07:54:06 pm »

My sheet

Name: Cynthia
Physical description: A tall woman with pale skin and blue eyes, has white hair that hangs loose
Personality description: very patient and kind, will always give people a second chance, prefers to do it right rather then quickly
Describe your ideal cavern section: A secured area to sit and sculpt Flesh without being interrupted
Backstory: Cynthia was a budding young Fleshmancer, training under the village elder, and helped attempt to contain the disease when it struck, she volunteered to go on the expedition, so that the group would have someone to fix their mistakes.
Extra bits: She doesn't mess up

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2015, 07:58:31 pm »

Start now.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 08:08:43 pm »

Name: Athra
Physical description: An average hight young boy of rather dirty tan skin color. His eyes seem to have a tendency to narrow sideways for some reason.
Personality description: Curious enou that to be helpful, but to short sighted to be useful for long
Describe your ideal cavern section: Warm. Dark. Alone. . . .  Well, minus the living premolds skuttling around
Backstory: During the desease Athra stayed to himself, though, at times he left his abode to watch fleshmancers attempt to contain it. How it worked, he didnt understand, but, when he was offered a chance to learn, he did, right away. Maybe he could become as good as his pappy, who died from a savage attack from one of his prior creations. As far as he knows, he doesnt have a mom. Maybe the elders know more on that.
Extra bits: no extra odds and ends. Just a prehencle tail.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14