Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game  (Read 17247 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy: A Dark Magic Exploration Game
« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2015, 04:50:07 pm »

I am keeping the second fish alive in the fleshball, for now, for future works.
"You guys look like antworms from up here."
carefully climb back down since nobody died.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2015, 08:20:58 pm »

Well, let my fleshball eat the dead dog that I was unable to fleshmance (if it wasn't the one that the squid man took). Then look around and examine the room.

There are some bits left over from one of the dogs. Your fleshball swells in size and is getting hard to carry. The room is oval shaped and has 3 exits. The one you entered through, the one the squidman is exiting through, and a third. The room si filled with towering mushrooms and there is a small stream of water nearby. No other animal life is immediately visible.

Follow the squid man. Offer to graft the respiratory system and a mouth of one of the dogs to him, so that he can speak.

The squidman is heading towards an exit. He doesn't seem to understand you either. He makes some gruff gurgling noises.

I am keeping the second fish alive in the fleshball, for now, for future works.
"You guys look like antworms from up here."
carefully climb back down since nobody died.

You return to the floor.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2015, 10:01:30 pm »

Hm. Try communicating via the universal language of magic.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2015, 04:16:49 am »

"Leave it be. Anything we do could be interpreted as aggression."
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2015, 12:38:54 pm »

"I agree."
Begin shaping my fleshling into a container, similar to a knapsack, with flesh ropes to carry it via my shoulders. Make the ropes thick as need be to support it so it doesn't tear. Make it fairly big (no larger than my entire torso+abdomen width or length).
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2015, 12:47:43 pm »

"He could be a valuable ally, and I'm using a friendly tone. I think it's fine."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2015, 06:27:25 pm »

Hm. Try communicating via the universal language of magic.

You try to speak using flshmancy. The squidman doesn't speak fleshmancy, despite you having a very friendly tone.

"I agree."
Begin shaping my fleshling into a container, similar to a knapsack, with flesh ropes to carry it via my shoulders. Make the ropes thick as need be to support it so it doesn't tear. Make it fairly big (no larger than my entire torso+abdomen width or length).

You make a flesh sack. Its decently sized and can hold as much as you could fit in an average sized backpack.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2015, 08:19:07 pm »

Fallow the squid man!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2015, 11:37:00 pm »

Communicate via cave drawings. Ask if we may follow him.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2015, 06:49:33 am »

. . . .  Use my smarts to think a picture of dead dog, a starving city, and several people, that look like us leaving that city, to the mind flayer.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2015, 12:50:53 pm »

Equip fleshsack, and put Fleebler inside.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2015, 01:00:11 pm »

Communicate via cave drawings. Ask if we may follow him.

You take some mud and draw a likeness of squidman on the wall. You draw your party behind squidman and you draw a line. The squidman looks at you like you're crazy, but then seems to understand. He makes a gurgling noise and shrugs. It looks like its ok to follow him.

. . . .  Use my smarts to think a picture of dead dog, a starving city, and several people, that look like us leaving that city, to the mind flayer.

You stand there thinking very hard. Picturing the image. Your face contorts with the effort. WHen you stop you notice the other members starting to follow the squidman. Did it work? You may never know...

Equip fleshsack, and put Fleebler inside.

Equipped.

Fallow the squid man!

He leaves the mushroom forest, goes down a passage, and hesitates before entering a giant cavern. This cavern is so large that you cannot see the far wall despite there being few obstructions. A shallow river runs through the middle of the cavern. Many tunnels can be seen in various locations, too many to count. There are patches of mushroom trees littered about. Stalactites hang from the ceiling. The cavern's terrain is smooth from millions of years of water erosion. Sounds of natural beasts can be heard about.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2015, 01:48:11 pm »

Look around
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2015, 01:53:34 pm »

Continue following the squid man (is he called that for copyright reasons?), while observing the surrounding wildlife.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2015, 02:25:07 pm »

Look around

Continue following the squid man (is he called that for copyright reasons?), while observing the surrounding wildlife.

The squidman has stopped before entering the cavern. (He is called a squidman because he actually isn't a mindflayer despite you insisting that he is  :P) You can see large frog like creatures near the water. You notice several bats flying around. There are occasional flying beetles and other insects. You finally see the reason why the squidman has stopped, a centipede as wide as three men and the length of ten men is crawling on the wall about thirty paces to your right. It is facing the opposite direction and moving away from you almost silently. The squidman looks very tense.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14