Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disabling Reanimation  (Read 544 times)

Capsicum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Disabling Reanimation
« on: August 06, 2015, 07:06:58 pm »

Is there any way to do this? I want to play in evil biomes without the annoyance of reanimation. The trial and error process of finding a non-reanimating embark is tedious and time consuming, and it locks me out of a lot of promising locations.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:06:54 pm by Capsicum »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Disabling Reanimation
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 07:17:01 pm »

Yes. Though how you go about it depends on what you want.

It can be as simple as disabling regional interactions in the Advanced World Generator. If you want a certain type of evil weather, you will have to mod it in yourself. User-made interactions will still appear, even if the randomly generated ones are disabled.

Capsicum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 07:54:07 pm »

It can be as simple as disabling regional interactions in the Advanced World Generator. If you want a certain type of evil weather, you will have to mod it in yourself. User-made interactions will still appear, even if the randomly generated ones are disabled.

Is this an all or none proposition? I would like to retain everything but reanimation, but if that isn't possible it would be better than nothing.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 08:00:44 pm »

Evil clouds, evil rains, and regional interactions are all different arguments. Setting one to zero will not affect the other two.

It's been a while since I last toyed with the world generator, so I just opened DF to take a quick glance at the options.

Capsicum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 08:06:02 pm »

Thanks!  8)