Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Author Topic: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)  (Read 44224 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)
« Reply #450 on: August 11, 2015, 03:51:23 pm »

((Can the other crew members hear the stuff about the lifeform?))

((For ease of gameplay, yes, all conversations are on loudspeaker, lest stated otherwise by players. Feel free to PM me for private conversations with Helga.))
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #451 on: August 11, 2015, 03:52:09 pm »

I go and examine the dead specimen and take any other inactive people with the scientist skill to help. I'm looking to see if any part of it is useful to us or is edible. Also anything else I can learn about its biology, eating habits, and ability to survive in space would be helpful. So basically everything.

(I think so, wanna dissect some alien?)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 11, 2015, 03:54:13 pm »

Muslim runs a hand through his black hair. He knows this is not a time to panic or make speculations. He has a job to do. Muslim looks through Engineering to see if there is a flashlight, lantern, or any source of lighting he could bring over to the Infirmary. He also keeps an eye out for extension cords that could plug in and run a few medical machines such the x-ray machine or heart rate monitor.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 11, 2015, 03:56:52 pm »

Is the lifeform outside moving? If so, will it's current course collide with the ship?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 11, 2015, 03:57:07 pm »

((Pretty sure the lights are on now :P))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 11, 2015, 04:03:15 pm »

I go and examine the dead specimen and take any other inactive people with the scientist skill to help. I'm looking to see if any part of it is useful to us or is edible. Also anything else I can learn about its biology, eating habits, and ability to survive in space would be helpful. So basically everything.

(I think so, wanna dissect some alien?)

On quick analysis, the hood of the creature seems to be made of a sort of loose, thin yet heavy flesh. The rest of the body is made of sharp, thick carapace that requires a buzzsaw to cut through - whilst the limbs themselves are razor sharp to the touch.

With the saw cutting out a neat square through the carapace - a heavy chunk that one might be forgiven for mistaking as black, shiny stone - within is biological, black, slimy flesh.

In cutting and pulling back the hood, the head of the creature is no less harder than the carapace - a long, thin thing ending in thin tendrils. There does not seem to be a mouth of sorts, but on closer examinations with a microscope it is reasonable to assume that the tiny pores of the tendrils - and the larger holes, though very small, on the end of them - act as a type of feeding instrument for consumption.

Its ability to survive in space is beyond your understand at this point, though it is reasonable to assume that the thick carapace may act as a shell of sorts.

Muslim runs a hand through his black hair. He knows this is not a time to panic or make speculations. He has a job to do. Muslim looks through Engineering to see if there is a flashlight, lantern, or any source of lighting he could bring over to the Infirmary. He also keeps an eye out for extension cords that could plug in and run a few medical machines such the x-ray machine or heart rate monitor.

In engineering you find a handheld torch, a stand-alone high-output light and a number of extension cords in fantastic scramble of wires.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 11, 2015, 04:03:32 pm »

Is the lifeform outside moving? If so, will it's current course collide with the ship?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 11, 2015, 04:04:03 pm »

HELGA: Yes.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 11, 2015, 04:05:22 pm »

"Captain, we might need to adjust our course if we don't want another of those things onboard."
Sigtext!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 11, 2015, 04:07:45 pm »

Helga (and other scientists), is any part of this creature of any use to us? Even as food?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 11, 2015, 04:08:17 pm »

Helga (and other scientists), is any part of this creature of any use to us? Even as food?

Helga isn't a scientist.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 11, 2015, 04:12:57 pm »

(I wasn't asking helga because she's a scientist, I was asking because she can scan the thing.)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 11, 2015, 04:13:53 pm »

(I wasn't asking helga because she's a scientist, I was asking because she can scan the thing.)

(That's my point, she can't.)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 11, 2015, 04:18:43 pm »

(Oh, that makes sense.)

Examine the alien to determine how it cloaks itself. Examine the flesh to see if its edible. Try to discern what it eats. Wait for the doctor if he is bringing that stuff to help examine the beast.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 11, 2015, 04:25:08 pm »

Muslim hauls the handheld torch, stand-alone high-output light, and extension cords back to the Infirmary. With torch in hand, the doctor sets up the high-output light in the center of the room. He then proceeds to leave the infirmary’s door ajar to allow the cords to trail out of the room and into the hallway.

“There, now you don’t have to lay around in the dark all the time.” Muslim tells the resting man. “Now I’m going to put this monitoring device on your hand to see if your heart rate and breathing are normal. I don’t think you’ll flat line anytime soon, but I need to monitor for irregularities in case you develop an illness from the attack.”

Muslim looks at the monitors as sees if Tony’s vitals are fine.

(OOC: I only have a Science of 1, but the extension cords and flashlight would probably be helpful.)
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44