Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FAO Fullscreen lovers  (Read 784 times)

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
FAO Fullscreen lovers
« on: August 19, 2007, 11:33:00 pm »

Inspired by Herrbdog tileset on the Wiki, I created a shaded tileset targeting resolution of 800x600.

Basicaly, you have the exact same "curses" default tileset but with some shading done to the lower right of each letters and items. I've left alone everything which was related to mining or was meant to be plain, for example the smoothered tiles and the plain tiles in the demo. The reason behind that is that I didn't find much logic to have those graphics shaded as they could possibly connect on any direction on the screen, which would make the shading a little strange.

I tryied it pretty fast, looked pretty nice at first glance (demo and first screen).

For those who are interested in trying it out, please advise for annoyances/further improvements.

I am on a hot streak... literally.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FAO Fullscreen lovers
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 12:34:00 am »

I have my setting setup so I can run 800x600 in windowed mode. So, I might try this out. I just have to fiqure this out and I really don't want to search the wiki for how to. So, I think I will just poke around in my folders.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
Re: FAO Fullscreen lovers
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 01:21:00 am »

Basically, you need a 24bit .bmp file in your \data\art folder and edit your init file to point to the right tileset.

The screenshot above is already in the right format, so all you have to do is save the file and edit your init file.

[Edited since I was totaly wrong about this.]

[ August 21, 2007: Message edited by: Eagle of Fire ]

I am on a hot streak... literally.