Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Pantheon II OOC Thread (???/10) Always taking people  (Read 7337 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Pantheon II OOC Thread (???/10) Always taking people
« on: August 06, 2015, 09:43:31 am »

IC-Thread

So a certain someone persuaded me to bring back Pantheon, now before the People from the first game run away in panic as for the completely imbalanced approach of God Warfare and how Acts where (ab)used don't worry i've had some nice ideas which hopefully work out and rectify that.

But anyway let's start at the top:

What the Hell is Pantheon II?

Pantheon is simply a Role-Playing Game about being a God. Originally it worked quite similiar to Godhood. You ahve a certain number of acts per turn which you can use to create things, destroy things and generally do divine stuff. Thats at least the theory.

Pantheon II will work quite differently in some respects. First of all much information and rules about the game will stay obscured for Gameplay Reasons. Rest assured there are mechanics to everything and logical ones at that, if your character should die you will be provided with a full report on the why's and how's. And Die your Character will...alot. think fo this as the Dark Souls of God Games.
So, what makes this different from Pantheon I? Well Pantheon II has a different system of acts.

Players start out as Voidborn, beings without Essence and Soul, beings who can only destroy and consume. Sounds Grimdark? It is. To actually be able to create things you have to find essence and make that your own by consuming it.

Once you have consumed essence (which is usually hooked to some aspect, element or something similiar) you finally get to have a tangible form and you will be able to create things. But wait it won't be that easy. Every sentient creation of yours needs a soul or essence to. Luckily for you you can split up essence from yourself and give it to your creations. The Mightier the being the more of your own Essence you have to give away. The exact amount of your Essence you give away will never be mentioned and you will have only a vague idea of how much essence you actually have. That is on purpose. Pantheon is a Roleplaying Game, it is not a Game where you can win. Oh of course you can kill all the Gods. You know what happens then? We will enter an Era of Twilight in which you will fall asleep and new Voidborns will appear (aka new Players) and a Group of Voidborn working together can take down even a God owning all the Essence in the Game. So yeah, i have a cosmic reset button :P

Anyway, as mentioned above sentient beings will be imbued with your essence, but that essence is never lost. If you create 100 Dragons with Half your Essence, you can later on kill and consume those 100 Dragons to get your Essence back.

However often enough you want to do something completely different. You want to create Mighty Artifacts, Magical Floating Cities, New Continents, Animals and so forth. These things don't use your Essence because they are not sentient. However it will still be used up.

Lets say you have the completely made up number of Three Essence. Using these Essence to create a race of humans will deplete it forever. It will now rest within the humans. Using those same three essence to create Mjölnir will cause no such problems, instead the three essence will be depleted.

Every turn part of that essence will replenish like a battery. So after three turns you would have those three essence all available again. HOWEVER, that only holds true if you have an aspect in it. If you have an fire aspect you can do it this way if you want to create a Volcano. If you have no fire aspect, you will instead Burn through your essence.

Because you use your power inefficiently (aka it is not attuned to creating Volcanoes) not all of the energy invested will go towards Volcano Creation and not all of that energy will return to you. A tiny part of it will be lost in the ambience. Imagine it like the electricity lost due to resistance in a cable. So inefficiently using your energy will diminish you.
Depending on the size of your actions that might be a miniscule unimportant part of your essence, or a rather substantial chunk.

Okay this is all the information and rules i will divulge for now about the Game. Why not everything you ask? Well thats half the idea behind it, that you have to be creative and discover the rest of the rules, especially since the rules a closely connected to the story of the world - a bit like Dark Souls.

Okay lets get to Applications.
Before you decide to write an application a few Ground Rules:

1. This is a Roleplaying Game, you can't win it. If i see you powerplaying the bloody hell out of it, prepare to get wrenches in your face.
2. I don't want to see any copies of already existing stuff. Be creative. Stealing bits and parts everywhere else is allowed of course, but it should still in the end be something YOU created. Not some movie, book or film. Now its always a bit of a grey area and i will in generally press both eyes shut in this regard but if its far too obvious, i will first notify you about it and if that does not help, prepare for !!FUN!! outcomes.
3. You are a bloody God in this Game, not Frank your friendly neighbourhood milkman. Act like it.

Anyway if you are still interested and not driven away by vague rules and my blunt demeanour pm me the following:

I want the Name of your God, i want a rough description of how the God looks (once he gets a form anyway, oh you can also put in conditionals aka: if i get the fire aspect i want to look like that, but if i get the death aspect...) and what your rough ideas and plans for your character, the world, the other gods and the creations are. The more descriptive the better, mostly because especially in the early game i will point you into certain directions to get you started and so that i can make a balanced rooster of Gods.

For now i'll accept ten Gods. Later players will not spawn as Gods but as lesser beings of all kinds which can ascend.
If you have any questions this is the thread to ask them...i might however answer only over pms in case of sensitive information i want to keep secret for the sake of the game for now.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:28:06 am by Ghazkull »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:51:44 am »

Looks awesome.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:43 am »

You couldn't bloody well wait for me with this.... :P Anyhow, I'll bash something out soon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:25:29 am »

Can we get a more detailed description about what you want in the character sheet? I'm very excite to apply, just not sure exactly what I should have on it.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 11:26:58 am »

How many people have applied so far?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 11:28:43 am »

This seems very interesting.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 11:29:46 am »

It seems very interesting.  This definitely looks original compared to most god games. Please, tell me if there is anything wrong with the application.

Name: Kakarix

Concept: My idea of him is generally that of a god that deals with natural hardships, things that threaten man but also make him stronger. I would prefer something biological in nature, like plagues(in this case it would look like a humanoid made of boiling blood) or vermins( in this case he would look like a young man,with the compound black eyes who is composed by a vortex of flyng insects from the waist down). If you think that, for whatever reason  this conceps are inappropriate, i could also adapt as a god of winter(it would look like an angelic being, a muscular bearded man with white wings made of ice cristals ).

Reletionship with the world and the gods:  Kakarix is first an foremost a competitor. He believes that only trough competition there can be improvement. And he definitely wants a better world to live in. He doesn't want to destroy, just to select, eliminating the weak and rewarding the strong( this will come in different flavours depending on his domain, for example he could reward with a positive mutation those who survive a sickness, or giving a benefical insect to those who menage to thrive despite his vermins). His relationship with most other good can be described as friendly rivality. He carries no bad intentions toward them, he just doesn't understand why they would try to sheoter their followers from anything, or, in case of evil gods, why they would try to destroy everything. He likes a challenge, but he doesn't carry any bad blood if he loses. However he is aware that not every god share the same view of reality and most of them can hold terrible grudges. This makes him quite wary in the presence of other gods, and very cautious when he knows he has an enemy. After all, if he dies, who is going to prompt the next challenge?

It said PM

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 11:31:10 am »

sorry, i didnt' see it, i modified my message :-[

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 11:32:39 am »

* Haspen lurks, PTWing :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 11:38:46 am »

* Haspen lurks, PTWing :3

Haspen, when will there be another Era of diesel game?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 11:47:14 am »

Can we get a more detailed description about what you want in the character sheet? I'm very excite to apply, just not sure exactly what I should have on it.

Ah Thats quite easy, more or less what your idea for a God is. Do you want to do a Wieland/Hephaistos-Type God of Smiths and Artificiers? A Cosmic Azathoth-Style Horror? What are your preliminary ideas for creatures? Do you want to create a pantheon fo fellow Gods? Sit around your own corner? Seek Destruction? Order? Anarchy? What does you God Look like?

such things general ideas, descriptions, characterizations. So that i can see that you are able to properly roleplay and actually bring a fun idea to the game.

Side note Application List for now contains:
1 God of Slaughter
1 Cosmic Horror of Hunger
1 God of Plagues and Vermin

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 12:03:13 pm »

Is this first come first serve?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 12:04:30 pm »

Things don't look good for mortals in this world... ;D

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 12:19:14 pm »

My Games have never been first come first serve and will never be :P

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 01:20:58 pm »

Character sheet:
Name: Vex or  more like Vexes.
Description: Vexes is like a swarm of little blue(or other color that fit the aspect) flaming line of balls. They work together and act like a single entity. They are known for being extremely mischievous and tend to create thing of random nature. Even though they favor disorder rather than order, they tend to not be destructive and use their power for "Fun".  They don't actually have a set goal in their collective thought but they focus on whatever opportunity they find to add flavor to the universe.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13