Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Pantheon II OOC Thread (???/10) Always taking people  (Read 7340 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II OOC Thread (7/10)
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2015, 06:56:38 am »

Ardas' character may or may not have made it his mission to kill him if he decided to take a stroll on the main planet.

His character may or may not have also have been in a constant battle for control over his own body.

My character may or may not have been offered his spheres if I were to help kill him.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:58:32 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2015, 08:13:56 am »

Mission? For mighty Udil? Hah, he was barely a blip... :P

On a serious note, I think most people were afraid what I could have done rather than what I actually did. Not to say I did not have the power to execute it, but rather that I would be a bad sport if I started gobbling up deities without regard or care for the RP, like some...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2015, 08:42:10 am »

Well mission in the sense that 'kill every god that wasn't a Udiboo' was.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2015, 08:45:41 am »

This sounds familiar.  Was I in the first one?  I think I might have been playing Fate, or a Hero-imbuer or something.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2015, 08:47:33 am »

Ya you were that...plagued dwarf? I think?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2015, 08:48:11 am »

Yes!  Gren Grennson, that was it.  "Fate" was in one of the Godhood games.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2015, 09:03:21 am »

I'm....very wary after what happened to my character in the original Pantheon. PTW.
What happened?
Basically, somehow, my character ended up being hated by everyone else's for no good reason (as far as I can remember, the only gods who didn't hate my character got killed off by Ardas' character). Micelus is right, Udil basically declared war on him for no reason except his wife having a grudge against him (despite offering her an alliance back when they were both of equal power).

Then there was the whole 'got fucked over for nine turns where I barely survived' thing. That kind of soured me towards the game while I was playing it.

Finally, I managed to kill another god and get the alliance of a couple of others, Gren included. Then, despite the GM himself confirming you couldn't revive dead gods, a dead god was brought back somehow using power I'd already expended to make planets (long story) and ended up screwing me over even more.

I kinda ragequit at that point (being quite immature) simply because at that point I was pretty pissed off with everyone screwing me over to the extent that it was (or felt) out of character for the aforementioned people trying to do it, but the GM sanctioning the resurrection he'd explicitly said was impossible was the last straw. Of course, he did say he'll try to shy away from the abuse of acts being used to pull off that ridiculous kind of rule-breaking thing, so I'm giving this game a wary eye.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 09:10:27 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2015, 09:16:34 am »

Ah i think i remember now, although i could be confusing things given that that game was quite a while ago. I think i stated that resurrections were impossible, you tried anyway and the result of it was you sharing your essence and body with that God.

In essence that means resurrection is impossible because it could kill your god, that i never prevented you from trying to do so anyway is something completely different.

I think it had become clear at that point of the game however that i would allow people to do things i said before were impossible. If they really wanted to do it they could succeed with major drawbacks however.

Anyhow, ancient stories...ElfCollaborator i wouldn't suggest you joining in that case because this is supposed to be even darker in that regard, players will at several points be forced to work against each other although direct confrontations will be rather expensive and leave both sides weakened and there are quite a few thigns out there which can kill a player who doesn't take utmost care.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2015, 09:18:55 am »

It wasn't my character who tried, it was Vanida who revived Corvus' victim to screw him over. As expected.

Alright. I'm staying out of this game, I have a feeling that I'll get screwed over for the whole game again, which I really didn't find fun last time.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2015, 09:50:07 am »

Nah you won't get screwed over...im just saying you have to be prepared for high lethality and that the GM won't save you from mistakes...and mistakes are costly.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2015, 10:06:22 am »

Are will waiting on someone or is there an update coming soon?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2015, 10:28:04 am »

I kinda enjoyed the power in Pantheon, Udil climbed from mortal to a god that everyone feared. Hardly an achievement that anyone else could boast about. I must admit though, the only way I did make it was through sheer luck and insane amounts of bastardry that made me feared in the end.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2015, 10:43:38 am »

Edit: Ah, slag it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:07:03 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2015, 10:56:37 am »

May I ask if my application was accepted, Ghazkull?

The PM makes it sound like it was but it doesn't look like it in the IC and OOC threads...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2015, 11:00:16 am »

Sorry wrong thread
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13