Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Pantheon II OOC Thread (???/10) Always taking people  (Read 7326 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II OOC Thread (10/10) Waitlist Open
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2015, 10:11:03 am »

okay folks lets clear some stuff up the 0/1 Essence means the essence is depleted. It's still there and will replenish like a battery but its used up and cannot currently be used. Fighting takes a lot of power and unless you specify a specific amount of essence you want to use in battle i will presume you will use all of it.

Rolepgeek, you really should clarify your actions, without any boldened action or specific orders i first presumed you wanted to continue to talk with the other god, then when you wrote in the OOC:

I'm preparing to take out the Parched.

I read that as attack him, i mean why would you waste time on doing nothing?

Varee, you took on the Hidden who is the same strenght as a voidborn, it was an even 50/50 percent chance that you survived, you lost and thats that.

For all dead players you can all make new applications and directly rejoin if you want. You can even start as Demigods and lesser beings trying to achieve godhood.

As for Slacker in the eyes of the Vorchen you will now be known as a god of thieves, bad first impression and all that.

Also holy moly all that fighting and killing has caused lots of residual Essence.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2015, 10:27:40 am »

So does fighting a damaged Titan decrease the amount of essence you get? Because some has been lost to residual essence?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2015, 10:34:41 am »

aye, since he is diminished in power he has also less essence.

Side-Note from next turn onwards decades and centuries will pass since the time of the titans is over and civilizations start to spread. Combat will be moved to inbetween turns.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2015, 12:16:10 pm »

Excellent, i was looking forward for this phase of the game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2015, 04:45:01 pm »

Rolepgeek, you really should clarify your actions, without any boldened action or specific orders i first presumed you wanted to continue to talk with the other god, then when you wrote in the OOC:

I'm preparing to take out the Parched.

I read that as attack him, i mean why would you waste time on doing nothing?

I was using my recently made magic item to try and gather intelligence to have a better chance of taking out the Parched. We don't know the rules, so how would I know it was 'doing nothing'?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2015, 04:54:23 pm »

You misunderstand me, you left me no discernible action besides the one you wrote in the OOC, so what should i do with that

"Prepare to Attack the Parched" sounds to me like attack the parched. How would i know you would wait an entire turn for that? Anyway things happened. If you reapply you are more than welcome your character was quite interesting and im sorry it died to misinterpretation of orders.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2015, 05:13:19 pm »

Question about Hestals horn: My scythe was designed to kill Titans and absorb their essence. Doesn't my weapon already do what his new one does? That was the intention in its creation after all.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2015, 05:29:22 pm »

Your Scythe can't do that since you never specified that as an attribute of that weapon....

OKAY FOLKS

FROM NOW ON PLEASE BOLD YOUR ACTIONS, ADD EVERY ATTRIBUTE ABOUT YOUR ITEMS IN A SEPERATE SPOILER OF THAT SELF-SAME POST WHERE YOUR ACTIONS ARE POSTED.

You can do several action posts, you can revise actions but please, remove the old actions then from the bolded part of your posts so that i don't have to figure out which orders replace which ones.

If everybody follows that principle there will be hopefully no mreo accidental death and items without the wished effects.

And yes you can modify your weapons in hindsight. Although that will be a Wasteful Act unless you are a god of crafts or smithing or other forms of item creation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2015, 12:49:05 pm »

On another note folks: most of your essences are completely depleted from all that fighting. Its not good for you. In any case, this is a warning since many of you throw themselves at Ancients with less than optimal power and that may lead to...certain doom.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon II OOC Thread (???/10) Always taking people
« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2015, 06:02:43 am »

I am very relieved for this upgrade, i was beginning to fear that this thread had started to dying.While i am very happy for the upgrade i have to ask: when did i gain the aspect of darkness?( it's a very nice ad-on tough).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:08:18 am by Leonardo8 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2015, 06:11:40 am »

a turn has not yet passed, this was half a turn. If you find a titan now you will very propably die. Used up Essences don't factor in a fight, you simply cant use them. thats why i asked the lot of you to reconsider those fights. In the case of Thiku, Hestall and Cyddenye, they were inches away from a total loss. Thiku had only bad luck to die first.

In regards to darkness that came from the Forgotten one.

As always to those who died: you can of course reapply.

EDIT: Depleted Essences can still be used to create sentient beings...just so you know.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:20:51 am by Ghazkull »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 09, 2015, 10:40:42 am »

Speaking of sentient beings, my Managonians haven't been listed yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2015, 11:36:18 am »

Turn is not over yet. That means that non combat actions will be processed now.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2015, 02:44:10 pm »

I like the addition of new NPC, it will make thing interesting. Just one question: the energy in the artifacts recharges naturally as the one present within the god or must they be "manually" recharged with expense of essence?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2015, 02:45:41 pm »

Sentient weapons (read those with divine essence in them) recharge by themselves. Normal Items need to be recharged.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13