Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: need help with a textile mod  (Read 735 times)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
need help with a textile mod
« on: August 06, 2015, 05:31:52 am »

Hello,

I am working on an expanded textile mod. So far I have cloth furniture, armor, carpets, embroidery, laminates etc.

However, I have run into an issue. Anytime I make an item with a custom reaction, for instance a cloth bed, the cloth improvement and dye improvements do not stay. Meaning I can have a masterwork dyed cloth and the bed made from this cloth would not say "is made with masterwork pig tail fiber cloth dyed midnight blue blah blah blah" instead it just says "is made with pig tail fiber cloth" ignoring both the masterwork cloth and dye.

I have looked all over and could not find a fix.

My solution so far was to add different colored cloth that is made with dye, meaning to get blue pig tail cloth you need dimple dye and a bolt of pigtail cloth. Then I simply made the cloth worth more to make up for the loss of the dye value.

I have no idea how to fix the loss of the cloth quality though.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank You,
Halnoth
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: need help with a textile mod
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 07:38:30 am »

There is no way to do what you describe. There could be the possibility that a dfhack script can be written to allow this, but with modding it can not be done.

You could make a reaction that decorates a bed though. "This is a wooden bed. It is encompassed with bands of midnight-blue dyed masterwork cloth."

For this you keep both the quality of the bed and the cloth, using a bed as reagent with PRESERVE_REAGENT and use the cloth as reagent this is used to IMPROVE the bed. I'm sure with the wiki you will find the correct tags. It would work similar to the craftsdwarf or forge decorations.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:24:33 am »

There is no way to do what you describe. There could be the possibility that a dfhack script can be written to allow this, but with modding it can not be done.

You could make a reaction that decorates a bed though. "This is a wooden bed. It is encompassed with bands of midnight-blue dyed masterwork cloth."

For this you keep both the quality of the bed and the cloth, using a bed as reagent with PRESERVE_REAGENT and use the cloth as reagent this is used to IMPROVE the bed. I'm sure with the wiki you will find the correct tags. It would work similar to the craftsdwarf or forge decorations.
Thank you meph, I have already created embroidery to try and add lost value. I didn't think to simply have the improvements be the cloth itself. It is a shame this cannot be done by modding though.

It is possible to have several different improvements correct? Like for instance I could improve a bed with masterwork cloth but also improve the bed in the same reaction with say 2 other pieces of cloth or some predefined embroidery material?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:28:58 am by Halnoth »
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 07:49:50 am »

Yes, you can. Just make sure to have several IMPROVEMENTS in the end, not just several reagents.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::