Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: The Far West-Ch.1/Light for Some-others, A Deeper Darkness (Game thread)  (Read 21885 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: The Far West-Ch.1/A handful of Straw (Game thread)
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2015, 12:48:13 pm »

Sal grits his teeth as the woman kicks him, bringing his revolver around. "You just made a big mistake, ma'am."

Action: Bring my revolver around and shoot her.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2015, 10:05:41 am »

"I believe we've said everything of note to each other already. I will sit here and guard the prisoner. You should help with deterring our assailants up top," he says to the woman, giving a slow nod as he gauges her reaction. His hands snake into his coat fluidly and with an air of practice, preparing for violence to ensue.
"I'd give him a few more moments to rethink what I've said--consider my experience anyway. I can't be this confident if I didn't know what I was actually talking about. Your choice, bucko." Hiraya said to the man her supporting-colleague was reclining on, using such strange words she picked up amongst the slang of the people she traded with, "You'll be losing prospective help with every passing second once this starts. And I'll assure you that we'll live to tell the tale. And your buddies will tell our tale. Six feet under."

Action: {Wordplay} Subtly intimidate!

Think: Can I get up there to help whoever is driving this carriage and still shoot my bow in the same action? If so (and if this is efficient): Do that!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2015, 10:30:05 am »

"There's a third option. You start an honest labor. Nobody still gets hurt. Everyone stays better off. Given the 'popularity' at your heels, you can create a trade company or a communication line for the people instead of taking from the people. If I had your resources, I'd be doing that. And yes--we're honest folk. We'd better like livin folks instead of carcasses. They don't last well under the sun. Neither does vice and avarice."

Retort!
"I believe we've said everything of note to each other already. I will sit here and guard the prisoner. You should help with deterring our assailants up top," he says to the woman, giving a slow nod as he gauges her reaction. His hands snake into his coat fluidly and with an air of practice, preparing for violence to ensue.
"I'd give him a few more moments to rethink what I've said--consider my experience anyway. I can't be this confident if I didn't know what I was actually talking about. Your choice, bucko." Hiraya said to the man her supporting-colleague was reclining on, using such strange words she picked up amongst the slang of the people she traded with, "You'll be losing prospective help with every passing second once this starts. And I'll assure you that we'll live to tell the tale. And your buddies will tell our tale. Six feet under."

Action: {Wordplay} Subtly intimidate!

Think: Can I get up there to help whoever is driving this carriage and still shoot my bow in the same action? If so (and if this is efficient): Do that!

Jun seems utterly dumbfounded. Maybe he never really thought about it that way. Maybe he had just never had it said so plainly. It takes him a few moments to compose himself, but his former jocularity seems to have deflated a bit. Maybe the reality of whats going to happen are dawning on him.

He does seem intimidated by you. You can no doubt reason or convince him of things easier, now.

"Well, I can't argue with that line of reasoning, can I? Should have been an honest man. Shouldn't have left my schooling. Should have done no wrong to anyone. Shouldn't have killed my father, though he damn well deserved it for...well, it was justified.

Why state it straight out? That's just cruel to a condemned man like myself. It's too late. I can't change anything. Not the way I've lived, the way I am. I've done wrong to the wrong sort of people. You're wasting breath on a dead man...unless you don't stop my friends, ma'am...Hmph. My only second chance would be bought on blood of honest folk, and what sort of second chance is that?"
He says miserably. "Be best just to kill me, ma'am. My men are loyal, but not to a corpse. And revenge is bad for business. I taught them. They would let you all roll off. If you're not going to let me go, just kill me already...get it over with...it'll be cleaner than what they have planned for me..." He says, committed to his fate.

She does think she can climb to the top of the carriage and fire her bow...but, the young man named Sal is currently occupying the ladder, reaching for his gun...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2015, 10:46:54 am »

Hiraya raised an eyebrow as the rush of exhilaration coursed through her--steadied by the teaching of her parents whenever facing such delicate situations.

Quote from: Faded memory o_o
"A girl's got to know how to defend herself. And her tongue is one such weapon!"
"But pa! You've got a gun and I've got this stick!"
"Situational advice anak. Imagine me like a bandit! You aren't powerless because you've got your mind!"
"What does that mean?"
"Out think me. Sometimes--when others don't see you've got a weapon and think that way, then you've already gotten the upper hand. Talk em down. But treat it as if you're already holding a weapon at them."

"Never too late. Your word can save lives here--call off your people. Negotiate. It'll be as rough as how you felt when you faced your dad, I'd bet. But it's better than dying with regrets and giving up."

Hiraya turned around to face the man, subtly thanking the gentleman sitting on him for his support with a wink.

"You say your men are loyal--call em out. You aren't a corpse right now and you won't ever be. You've got my word for that. We can all walk away from this without (more) blood shed. You're still alive. You can still learn--that's something a corpse can never do. You can be both a sign and a lesson--that's something your body can't do when dead. Never too late as long as you live. That's what my dad told me.

"And he's had to learn all that alone. We're lucky we're younger than him to know this. Far younger. He's always believed in chances. I do too."

Take a step closer to Jun, forfeiting any initiative towards any possible bandits barging into the room (which would pretty much surprise me -.-). Then pursuade instead of coerce by holding out my hand for him with emphasis on 'calling off his folk'.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2015, 11:15:44 am »

"...bad deal for you, ma'am. You can't save me, unless you wanna end up as bad as I am. Join my gang? I don't think you want that life, but I've been surprised.

The Warden up there, she's got hard coin riding on delivering me to the hang-ropes which I may very well deserve. She won't just let me be, I believe. What if she says no to letting me go? What about the others? I suppose I die with a clean conscience...but, it's not much of a consolation. I'm a bad man, and I know I deserve some reckoning...but I'm not suicidal enough, just to accept it without a fight.

How can I just trust you, stranger? I call my friends off-what they really want is where I hid my share of talons and gemstones, I reckon-then, I'm in your hands. You either drop me, or just let me fall-it comes to the same thing."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2015, 11:31:47 am »

Immanuel Jade's cracked lips curl up a little at the exchange, his eyes darkening unnervingly. He remains silent, however, glancing at Jun occasionally.

Action: Immanuel Jade makes sure that Saltbox happens to be accessible to his left hand. It seems a wiser place to have a holdout.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2015, 11:59:19 am »

He has a point...

"Hey Warden!" Hiraya shouted, knowing that her voice could carry to where she suspected the 'warden' was, presumably driving this thing, "Your quarry wants to negotiate--he's in doubt but willing to stop his gang from attacking if we can ratify his terms right here! They'll trust him! But he needs to trust your word that you're open to talks!"

She looked at Jun, raising her eyebrows and looking to the side with the slightest of tilts, as if to say 'well that's done'. "I think you can trust that."

Action: {Metaknowledge?} Yo SC, I'm calling you out! [/hopeful]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2015, 12:04:31 pm »

Immanuel Jade's cracked lips curl up a little at the exchange, his eyes darkening unnervingly. He remains silent, however, glancing at Jun occasionally.

Jun turns hostile at this, probably because it's easier to get angry, than dealing with someone reasonable to him. "Don't smile too wide, friend. You're a Jade anyway. Bad as me, or worse-lying, thieving, murdering-everyone knows what your folk get up to. You just ain't been caught yet. We're no kin, but I don't understand your intent to keep me here. Doing the laws work, like a beat down dog. Enjoying your place at the top of the flag pole, while I'm down on my luck. They'll probably run you in too, you know that, Mr. Jade? Maybe we'll get to share a cell. Hope you're not wanted for anything. Or you don't look similar to someone they want for something. You know, two ropes a hanging saves the taxpayers plenty."

The sad part is, he's not completely lying, and he's not entirely wrong. Jades are routinely rounded up by the marshals whenever something bad happens, and can take the blame if no obvious criminal can be found. It's just naturally assumed they must know something. Wearing the title comes with a greater scrutiny under law. Though, honestly, they might deserve it.

She looked at Jun, raising her eyebrows and looking to the side with the slightest of tilts, as if to say 'well that's done'. "I think you can trust that."

"We'll see how far that goes." He says pessimistically, though there is a small gleam of hope in his eyes. Or maybe that's just dust. Hiraya isn't sure!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2015, 12:15:29 pm »

Vic doesn't hear her as she's a bit preoccupied with the guy coming at her with a knife. Even if she did, though, she probably wouldn't agree.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2015, 12:35:26 pm »

"There are several obvious flaws in this plan," Immanuel mentions at last in a level tone. "I will let you consider what they are. The Young Man can help if he wishes."

Jun turns hostile at this, probably because it's easier to get angry, than dealing with someone reasonable to him. "Don't smile too wide, friend. You're a Jade anyway. Bad as me, or worse-lying, thieving, murdering-everyone knows what your folk get up to. You just ain't been caught yet. We're no kin, but I don't understand your intent to keep me here. Doing the laws work, like a beat down dog. Enjoying your place at the top of the flag pole, while I'm down on my luck. They'll probably run you in too, you know that, Mr. Jade? Maybe we'll get to share a cell. Hope you're not wanted for anything. Or you don't look similar to someone they want for something. You know, two ropes a hanging saves the taxpayers plenty."

"Heh," is Immanuel Jade's immediate response, his face creasing in a genuine smile, his entire being taking on an offputtingly grandfatherly countenance. "The name does work wonders, does it not? But feel free to continue scrambling, Young Man. Perhaps the woman of charity and esteemed virtue will indeed give you the opening you so desperately seek if you continue your baseless groveling and clumsy flattery."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:39:43 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2015, 12:52:46 pm »

Hiraya took just a tiny second to figure out what Jade meant. She forgot to check if the Warden was in any danger at all...and given the current sounds.

In which she whispers her plan to Sal (whom she did not know) in quick, concise words.

Action: Nudge Sal awaaaay and instead occupy his position, using bow and arrow to -non-lethally take down- any bandits attacking the Warden! (Along with probably emphasizing my point about the bandit leader guy man--UNLESS Sal can do it for me instead!)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2015, 12:54:50 pm »

"I've still got men out there. Plenty, by my count. You enjoy that high horse while you have it, Mr. Jade."

((will wait to see what GGMASH gives me in pm to update))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2015, 01:34:53 pm »

"I've still got men out there. Plenty, by my count. You enjoy that high horse while you have it, Mr. Jade."

((will wait to see what GGMASH gives me in pm to update))

"Yourself, you mean? I intend to ride you as far as you will take me. But the same to you, friend. I am glad that you can be truthful enough to spare me your false regrets."

Immanuel Jade sighs raspily, keeping a wary eye out all around him.

Action: Immanuel Jade keeps alert, knowing it to be the secret to a long life.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:59:37 pm by Harry Baldman »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2015, 04:29:51 pm »

"An optimist, a bandit, and a Jade walk into a carriage... it seems a rather odd joke."

She strummed her guitar. There was a man with a gun at the hatch, and miss archer seemingly trying to take his place. The Jade was still sitting on the bandit, and the occasional shot plinked off the carriage.

"So, Jade Man... how did you see this coming? Simply heard a lot of stories, or something else? You certainly have a... unique air."

If only she had the Monocle. But that was burnt and dust, like the rest of Orinost.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2015, 04:36:13 pm »

"So, Jade Man... how did you see this coming? Simply heard a lot of stories, or something else? You certainly have a... unique air."

If only she had the Monocle. But that was burnt and dust, like the rest of Orinost.

The Jade, currently alert to noises, seems to have snapped his head in the woman's direction.

"You could sense it. I sensed it. The cowboy sensed it. The Young Man himself could tell. The air changed, people stirred and spoke and walked. Do you see?" he asks in a serious, urgent tone. "Did you feel it, too?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21