Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: The Far West-Ch.1/Light for Some-others, A Deeper Darkness (Game thread)  (Read 21822 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Far West-Ch.1/The Shadow of the Storm (Game thread)
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2015, 03:32:15 pm »

"Never lie, no, but lead with your words, so your listener makes a conclusion - like the dragon, yes. It is no lie not to mention a few unfortunate details."

"I will think on what you have said. This is a good trade, is it not?" He says, making a gesture you remember from the old days-he touches his lips to the palm of his hand, then to his heart, then touches the top of your own hand lightly, smiling all the while.

It's a mark of friendship.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2015, 03:43:23 pm »

"I do not enjoy sleep," Immanuel Jade says grimly. "It disagrees with me in multitudinous ways."

He then looks back at the hallway.

"Have you other friends to guard there, or is it only I who should be so fortunate?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 21, 2015, 05:05:35 am »

Wen-Li repeats the gesture, before lying back.
"Now, my friend, I must bring the stories to a halt, for I must sleep. Good night."

She lay back, and click! She was wearing her sleeping mask - an eyeless (or seemingly so) disc of burnished silver.

sleeptimes
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 21, 2015, 08:57:05 am »

"I do not enjoy sleep," Immanuel Jade says grimly. "It disagrees with me in multitudinous ways."

He then looks back at the hallway.

"Have you other friends to guard there, or is it only I who should be so fortunate?"

"Two fellas in the tank for fighting while drunk. What can I say, you get posted this far from home, you're apt to drink...they should be safely asleep, like you should be..."

The man across from Mags speaks up. "...Watch me. I got ya this time..."

Mags grin widens, as she shows him her hand. He curses quietly. She's got the 7th of Fire, a 1st of Water, and the clincher... three Courtesans-The Fire Dancer (twirling merrily), the Iron Price (A steely looking woman with a knife), and Woods Wife (A pretty young lady festooned with flowers, and not much else).

"A got a wagonload of whores in my hands-you're good and beat, Lǎo Nánrén. I think you owe me a war story..."

You can stick around and listen if you like...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2015, 12:57:12 pm »

And, the rest...

Wen-Li and her sidekicks rest well that night. The tent is warm and the bedding is soft and comfortable. There are no bad dreams, not tonight. Many of you dream of home, of the good times you had in the past. Maybe some of the Horsefolk's magic is protecting you, after all...

You all wake up in degrees, with the sun on your faces, and the wind in your hair.

It seems the Horsefolk have played a final trick...they have packed up early in the morning, taken their entire camp and every member of the small tribe-even the tent that was over your heads-and galloped off into the horizon. All without waking or disturbing a single one of you. The only trace they left of their previous night was the warm blankets and pillows you were lying on, and the hitching post you tied the horses too, and they thankfully left the horses as well.

They also left a small note tacked into the ground by an arrow, writing in a spiky hand.

You sleep too long

Well.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Far West-Ch.1/Light for Some-others, A Deeper Darkness (Game thread)
« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2015, 02:05:13 pm »

Vic packs up the blankets and pillows she had and ties them to the back of her horse's saddle, since she might as well keep useful things.

"Do we have anything to eat before we set out?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2015, 02:10:55 pm »

You in fact, do not have any food-your original plan being to have arrived at Sevenforks the previous night. No breakfast, and last nights meal was delicious, but not very filling. You could use something to eat, though there is plenty of food waiting ahead in town...it's unfortunate you didn't think to trade anything to eat last night...

Your best reckoning is that you will reach the place sometime around the afternoon, if you keep a good pace.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2015, 02:12:05 pm »

Immanuel Jade does not appear to have much of an opinion of the proceedings, turning away from the guards as he starts to walk away to an uncertain destination, his shape growing progressively hazier as he retreats into darkness.

Action: Immanuel Jade takes an exploratory walk away, listening for sounds and movements of protest. If there aren't any, he will go and explore his surroundings. And if there are some, he will instead listen to the story with a blank expression.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 21, 2015, 02:19:38 pm »

Immanuel Jade...

~

walks to end of the hallway, and peers down the shattered stone steps, leading into a deeper darkness. He can make out nothing down there (darkness thick as black felt, his mind chitters), but maybe a torch would help illuminate things.

Mags notices this, and comments helpfully.

"Jump! Jump!"

...Or, maybe you meant to go past the guards? They are sitting aside a large, oaken door, currently firmly closed. Aside from that, only empty cells and snoring drunks are in the immediate area.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 21, 2015, 02:30:55 pm »

...Or, maybe you meant to go past the guards? They are sitting aside a large, oaken door, currently firmly closed. Aside from that, only empty cells and snoring drunks are in the immediate area.

Past the guards and out the door, in fact. Would the door be locked?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 21, 2015, 02:33:48 pm »

How am I supposed to know? A door may be locked or unlocked, but it's exact state is impossible to determine until you open it. In this case, you think opening the door may elicit something of an immediate response. You're not exactly a prisoner...but, you are being watched very closely.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2015, 03:29:25 pm »

Wen-Li strumemd her guitar, unfurling her parasol to soak up the rays of the sun. She wondered if she should try to talk to the guitar-fury, but after a moment of consideration decided against it.

"♪ Then hurrah for the Empire, the land of the West
Where the farmers and laborers are always at rest;
Where you've nothing to do but sweetly remain
And starve like a man on your government claim. ♫"

She slid on a smiling mask and turend to face the others.

"I suppose we should get going. It'd be good if you kept an eye out, you three, in case you spot anything you can shoot for breakfast."

Inspect the Orinost trinket - could it be useful here
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:11:58 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2015, 03:33:01 pm »

"I'll do that."

Keep an eye out for game as we ride to Sevenforks.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2015, 05:32:01 pm »

The cowboy wakes up as the sun shines on his...hat...and the others begin to talk. Used to camps being broken quickly, although not quite that quickly, he quickly staggers to his feet, putting his hat back in it's rightful place, and climbs onto his horse. He begins to ride towards Sevenforks, barely looking at the others.

Action: Ride to Sevenforks. Look for any good game along the way.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2015, 06:47:50 am »

How am I supposed to know? A door may be locked or unlocked, but it's exact state is impossible to determine until you open it. In this case, you think opening the door may elicit something of an immediate response. You're not exactly a prisoner...but, you are being watched very closely.

((Ah, yes, implying actions was a no-no, I forgot. Seems I'm having trouble conveying the course of action here.))

Absently turning away from the shattered steps and pendulously gliding back through the hallway, Immanuel Jade nonchalantly heads for the door.

Action: Immanuel Jade does indeed attempt to open the door and exit the premises, keeping the guards within his sight to gauge their reaction.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21