Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Woods 2 (Suggestion Game)  (Read 7081 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Woods 2 (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2015, 06:46:50 am »

I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2015, 12:20:31 pm »

+1 ^
Also try to inquire them about some pallisades to be built

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2015, 06:00:37 pm »

Before you go to the treeline to cut, you talk to the guards about making a palisade with all of the extra logs, since you already have a few unused houses. They say that they'll consider it, and you go back to work. It's pretty exhausting work, and when the sun starts to go down you've already been thoroughly worn out. Eventually you hear one of the woodcutters call for an end to the day, and for you to start heading back to the village. As soon as you turn around to head back, you notice a pack of wolves slowly stalking your group through the trees. Just as you notice them, they break into a run at the rest of the woodcutters.

Options:
Try to fight them off and defend the other woodcutters
Run, leaving the other woodcutters to their fate
Yell for help and stay put
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2015, 06:06:39 pm »

Yell and use the pistol to defend the wood cutters and maybe scare the wolves off. If that fails defend ourselves with an axe
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2015, 08:57:28 pm »

Yell and use the pistol to defend the wood cutters and maybe scare the wolves off. If that fails defend ourselves with an axe
+1

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2015, 09:11:22 pm »

You grab the pistol out of your back pocket, and take aim. Just as you do so, two of the wolves attack a woodcutter. They jump on him and rip his throat out before you can even get a shot off. You miss, but the gunfire scares them away. They let go of the woodcutter and run back into the woods. You, along with the other woodcutters, stand around the man's body as he bleeds out.

You go back to the shack and try to get some sleep. You fail.

You wake up tired, by the yelling of the guards. They have awaken the woodcutters for a task. They say that there has been a stockpile of weapons discovered nearby, and that the woodcutters will go and secure it while they stay back and defend the village. They say that you will lead the group, and that they'll give two hunting rifles to the unarmed woodsmen, and the rest will use their axes. There are 13 woodsmen counting yourself, that would make three of you armed.

Options:
Accept mission
Reject mission

*gobbles menacingly*

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2015, 09:15:42 pm »

Accept mission, if they have knives, three of them shall cut some spears then while were on the way.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2015, 09:26:02 pm »

They give you a map leading to where the stockpile was sighted by hunters, and you ask for a knife or two. They tell you that they're in short supply of actual metal knives, but the stonecrafter had managed to make a few stone knives that worked well. You head over to his shack and he gives you three sharp, stone knives for free.

On the way to the camp you manage to create three sharp wooden spears (or javelins) from branches scattered along the ground, putting you at three men with ranged weapons, three with good melee capability, and seven with the ability to defend themselves against melee opponents. When you arrive at the stockpile, you see that it appears to be unguarded.

Options:
Choose your tactics!

*gobbles menacingly*

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2015, 09:36:11 pm »

Walk right in, alone, acting like you are supposed to be there. If someone is in there that seems to be part of a group, tell them that the boss wants them.

Nunzillor

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2015, 10:05:05 pm »

Walk right in, alone, acting like you are supposed to be there. If someone is in there that seems to be part of a group, tell them that the boss wants them.
-1.  It's clearly an ambush.  We need better tactics.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2015, 10:26:23 pm »

Gonna wait for more tactical suggestions

*gobbles menacingly*

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2015, 10:26:35 pm »

How about this. We have our guys split into several groups. I recommend 3-4. I prefer 4. you have the three ranged (gun) in the first group circling the area and doing a general scouting, The second group takes both their axes and the three javelins, they will guard the second (from a hidden distance) group who will be guarding the third(from a hidden distance), who will take their axes and their wits, and check the weapon cashe for triggers.
That way, if the trap is an ambush, we ambush the ambushers, and have someone who can get away and warn our gunners. risk less, with a chance of gaining more.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2015, 12:00:34 am »

You set a plan in motion. The men wielding firearms circle the stockpile, making a triangle. Three men sit back with javelins and axes, just inside the treeline. The rest of the men sprint from the treeline to the stockpile, hoping to grab a gun before something inevitably happens. They don't get there fast enough. A gunshot echoes from the front and to the right, and you see a woodsman with a rifle fall to the ground.

From there it gets really ugly. A round from the far left goes off, and you can't pinpoint exactly where from. The bullet hits the man in front of the woodsmen charging across the field in the head, dropping him. The woodsmen hesitate for a moment, and in that moment gunfire comes from where the other armed woodsman had fallen. Bursts of assault rifle fire tear through the group, dropping five of them. The other two get to the stockpile and grab themselves an AK-47 each, but they are without cover.

You are left with four armed allies, and the three men with javelins and axes. You have lost six men, and you estimate that there are at least three enemies.

*gobbles menacingly*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6