Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: The Far West (Wuxia Steampunk Western RPG) All full up, waitlist available  (Read 21475 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Far West (Wuxia Steampunk Western RPG) Accepting 0/4+ Characters
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2015, 05:16:39 pm »

a gander at all the sheets and compile them, and pick out however many of your regulars you want in the game and have produced an okay sheet. Then pick out one or two sheets based on quality. Finally, pick out one person you haven't had in your games before to assuage fears that you're being overly nepotistic with your picks and freshen up the roster a little. And then you're done!

Exactly!

My own picks tend to add 'His sheet sucks, but I feel like he really tried here-accepted!', 'He's mechanically sound but extremely boring for me to work with-denied!' and 'All dudes/gals? We totally need a female/male character to spice things up! Gender Equality NOW!'.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2015, 05:22:09 pm »

Eh. I am still not in a writy enough mood to fix my sheet  :-\. Not like I will be heartbroken if my character doesn't get picked anyway  :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2015, 05:50:00 pm »

Eh. I am still not in a writy enough mood to fix my sheet  :-\. Not like I will be heartbroken if my character doesn't get picked anyway  :P.

Ahh, the old guilt trap tactic. :P

Also, let's look at sheets and mercilessly critique them. This should be fun.

Playergamer-Sai Lu: An original, yet somewhat stock character in a sea of faceless checkered past gunslingers-the young man with no direction in his life. I could give him direction, though. Earns a thumbs up. Room to work here.

Salsacookies-Yhaesimus Khraine, Demon from Beyond the Sands: Nothing here yet but a ridiculous name and title that needs a long backstory to justify it. I sort of hope he isn't an ACTUAL Demon...tho there ARE Demons...ungh...

Kj1225-Aquila: Nothing here yet. Wind blowing through a hollow stump. *Weeeeshooooo*

Sentient Bowtie-John Marston: Name Plagiarism detected! Though he actually made a character that could actually live in the Far West (being an Iron Dragon Clanner, I'm amazed anyone reads the lore I copped), so thumbs up.

tntey-Matthew Xan: A bit too simplistic for me to work with-apparently he just walks around and shoots bad guys? Ironically, I'm a big Stephen King fan so I know exactly where some of the backstory about this character came from. I'm not entirely comfortable crossing this over into Dark Tower territory...

Stirk-Li Jun Thompson: I get you're a wanderer...pretty much a blank sheet of paper for me to write into any thing that needs doing. Suffers from 'so you walk around and shoot people?" syndrome, but actually have a slightly more interesting backstory-I can do alot with that-but, it'll be all me. On his own, this character has no reason to exist but to wander around looking for quests. Also, he wins the best character name trophy right now. Thumbs up.

Luke-Cagann Donggo: I like it. He not only has a character that makes sense, he has a REASON TO EXIST. Good quest material, tho I note he will probably not be making many friends-just a solo adventure into the endless desert to get eaten by Shai-Hulud. Sort of depressing. Thumbs up.

Hairy Baldman-Immanuael Jade: Yeah, totally in. Ultimate vibes of Cthulhu mythos, adds a new dimension to the game, but not so far from the genre of wuxia as to be ridiculous (Like making your character a demon). Also he actually read the Lore from the sight it seems (I approve), and put together that the Iron Circle originally developed the technology to manipulate furies, and the Iron Circle was based from Orinost, where he either hails from or frequently visits. Love little details. Accepted
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2015, 05:51:26 pm »

Heh.
If name plagiarism is a problem I can totally change it for you.
Black lives matter.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: The Far West (Wuxia Steampunk Western RPG) Accepting 1/4+ Characters
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2015, 05:54:58 pm »

Never read the dark tower series. Was contemplating a Randall Flagg character. Can I make another character?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2015, 05:58:04 pm »

Heh.

If you can think of a better one, sure.

I think Yao Han Marston, or John Mao Si Dun would also be completely acceptable... ;)

Never read the dark tower series. Was contemplating a Randall Flagg character. Can I make another character?

Still plenty of spots. Also, you haven't? Odd. O_o

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2015, 05:59:08 pm »

I would like to, but I can't find the first book at a library. I have read the stand though
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2015, 06:01:33 pm »

Stirk-Li Jun Thompson: I get you're a wanderer...pretty much a blank sheet of paper for me to write into any thing that needs doing. Suffers from 'so you walk around and shoot people?" syndrome, but actually have a slightly more interesting backstory-I can do alot with that-but, it'll be all me. On his own, this character has no reason to exist but to wander around looking for quests. Also, he wins the best character name trophy right now. Thumbs up.

*Takes trophy and puts it on shelf*

I suffered from "So you walk around and shoot people" syndrome once. The only cure is time and finding something else to do for a few hours. Everyone knows one dimensional murder-hobos are better roleplaying characters then complex three-dimensional ones with actual motives! Its like Dming 101.

Heh.

Literally every character I have seen you make has been an expy of some kind  ::). Name suggestion: Wang Qiang McDonold.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2015, 06:03:06 pm »

I like making bland, directionless characters, and then finding a good motivation for them in game. I will gladly accept that thumbs up, Dwarmin.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2015, 06:04:33 pm »

Goodbye John Marston, hello Strong Earth.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2015, 06:16:37 pm »

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:53:12 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2015, 06:39:38 pm »

Name: Rey Edwards
Physical Description: A tall man with piercing eyes and a permanent scowl. He has a chiseled jaw and has brown hair that is cut short.
Job: Gambler
Personality: A gambler by nature, Rey is a risk taker. He is smart, but that skill is squandered as he is very drunk or very hungover most of the time. He is very jaded, and a tough guy. He enjoys the easy way out, and is very good at poker.
Biography: He was born into a wealthy family, mostly nobles who worked for the government or had elected government positions. Rey grew up in a life of luxury, not knowing how to do anything for himself. He was at home when it happened, he was watching the TV as his father, now appointed mayor, was giving a speech, when a rebel assassin shot him in the chest, ending his life, then blowing himself up on stage, killing my mother. I was thrust into of a life of loneliness and bitterness. I grew up hating people, hating the rebels. I gambled my parents fortune, and my life away. I ended up taking huge loans from loan sharks. Eventually the friends I had started to die, apparently when loan sharks say they will hurt your friends, they mean it. I fled to the west, with a few thousand dollars in cash and a sports rifle that my father and I shot shot clays with. I fear for my life. I know the loan sharks are coming, and I don't know what I'll do if that happens.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2015, 06:45:57 pm »

I see a 1/4...
Black lives matter.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2015, 06:47:45 pm »

I suppose I'll flesh my character sheet out a bit more tonight. Add some more detail to the backstory, although I don't really like writing out back stories in char sheets.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2015, 06:48:33 pm »

I see a 1/4...

Only one was accepted, Harry's. The rest of us got a thumbs up. Which is old Roman Colosseum for "KILL THEM". I thought you knew this, King of Poor Names!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17