Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: The Far West (Wuxia Steampunk Western RPG) All full up, waitlist available  (Read 21435 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Far West (Wuxia Steampunk Western RPG)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 01:27:16 pm »

I'm pretty certain a female poet is still just called a poet, rather than a poetess.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 01:55:00 pm »

I'm pretty certain a female poet is still just called a poet, rather than a poetess.
+1
Also too tired to do sheet now. Creative juices busy staring at my work on simplistic editing.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 02:22:16 pm »

Name: Matthew Xan
Job: Vigilante and courier
Personality: Matthew is not your average vigalantee. He is a chaotic good one, doing anything for the greater good. Including, but not limited to, killing and torture. He values his identity, and  keeping it secret, using the alias 'The walkin man'. He has minor PTSD. He is quick on his feet, and gifted in the head, but can't deliver a punch. He depends on small knives and pistols in a fight.
Biography: Matthew grew up working for the empire delivering packages and letters as a courier. He grew up without much education, or without a family, but he learned much and found friends on the streets. During the civil war, he was a soldier for the empire, fighting against the rebels. While in battle, he was captured as a POW by a man who called himself Flagg. Flagg tortured Matthew relentlessly while Matthew was a POW. When the war ended, Matthew was rescued by the empire, and with major PTSD, he tried to run away from his past by going to west, where he began work as a courier. His past caught up to him though as he soon realized that many of the men in the west were like his torturer flagg. So, he made himself a promise, he promised himself that he would clean the streets of vile men like flagg, thus, becoming the walkin man.
Physical Description and Equipment: He has a lean, average height build. He is slightly muscled. He has regular length blonde hair, and many scars on his arms and legs. His walkin man outfit looks like this

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:46:45 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 02:38:41 pm »

We don't need your fancy word magic around here. Things are called what they are called, just so.

*bucket spit*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 02:40:49 pm »

"Darn Easterners, thinking they know everything..."
Black lives matter.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 02:52:35 pm »

Also, is there anything lore wise you guys would like me to find out and add to the OP? I realize the setting is very scant, which could make it hard to add color to your characters.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 02:56:45 pm »

Anything about the fallen Kingdom of Orinost?

I have a fondness for fallen kingdoms.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 02:59:48 pm »

Have you got any actual setup for the initial situation we're in? That helps a lot in making a character, which I intend to do. As in, where will we be and what will we be doing?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 03:07:51 pm »

any underground gangs we should be aware of?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 03:13:37 pm »

Have you got any actual setup for the initial situation we're in? That helps a lot in making a character, which I intend to do. As in, where will we be and what will we be doing?
This for me also. Also, Are there going to be any magic creatures or monsters? My character's kinda based around that.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 03:31:36 pm »

This for me also. Also, Are there going to be any magic creatures or monsters? My character's kinda based around that.

I was going to toss all the players coming *to* the Far West, riding in a armored stagecoach heading to Sevenfork-if any. And, through the vicissitudes of fate, arranged for the rest of them to meet in the same place, same time. Initial situation would very likely be based on how and why the characters are there. A combative majority might be attacked by bandits, and a more peaceful one might find a moment of rest and time to plan their next move at a way station. A more mixed group might end up being captured, and have to plot a way out-while other players would be on the outside, plotting to free them, or perhaps for business of their own. The initial situation will pretty much just allow you to know the other players.

I don't intend to enforce party rules, tho, I'm sure you will enjoy it more if you find people you enjoying RPing with.

After that, I will have general quests based on your character for you to follow, but it will mostly be freeform. You can do whatever you like. I mostly want this to be a writing game, without alot of pressure on me to finagle numbers. I'm more interesting in exploring the world an genre.

Also, there should be plenty of 'magical' monsters roaming in the West-most of them are extinct in the Empire, though, so you will have competition hunting them. I intend to peruse Chinese Myths and Legends and combine them with Americana to make interesting encounters. :)

Anything about the fallen Kingdom of Orinost?

I have a fondness for fallen kingdoms.

Let's see..

From what I can tell, Orinost one was one the last free periphery territories to fall to the August Throne in the War of Secession-they call this even the 'Glorious Defeat', though I suppose it's up to your point of view. They were apparently technological geniuses, as there are references to the 'Circle of Iron' that invented some of the greatest steam and fury machines in the age.

I also found a quote about the symbol on their coinage.

A rare handful are in circulation that still hold the Cog-and-Blade of Orinost, opinion varies on whether such coins are lucky or cursed.

Given that remark, and that the two landmarks on the map are the 'Broken Lion' and the 'Ruins of the Diamond Spur', I'm guessing they went down fighting. Also, there are no cities in that area now, and with the reference to cursed-I'm guessing they were the last holdout, and it was a very ugly conflict, possibly genocidal...though, that's up to your point of view...

any underground gangs we should be aware of?

Well, there are armies of criminals, if that is what you are asking. :P

Gangs of lawless scum have roamed the plains of the Far West for ages, given that the territory is both a technically “ungoverned” expanse and grand repository for the Empire’s exiles...after the Glorious Defeat, the passing of the Rangers, and the introduction of the Marshals’ Law to the West came the rise of something new: Bandit Armies.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2015, 03:33:27 pm »

Legitimate question: can we drive trains?
Black lives matter.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2015, 03:34:29 pm »

WIP characters sheet. I wanted to get the idea down and perfect it later when I am in a more writy mood  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:58:30 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2015, 03:35:03 pm »

Do we start with any items?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2015, 03:39:01 pm »

Legitimate question: can we drive trains?

Follow your dreams. :P

Do we start with any items?

You do start with what is logical for your character to have.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17