Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: The Far West (Wuxia Steampunk Western RPG) All full up, waitlist available  (Read 21419 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Far West (Wuxia Steampunk Western RPG) All full up, waitlist available
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2015, 09:53:22 am »

Updates will come faster now, I've been busy the last week. Also, will not be waiting for people much anymore, it's far too easy for me to be lazy that way. My group experiment was a complete bust (barely half the players seemed interested at all) so it will be mostly solo/small parties from here on in.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2015, 10:08:49 am »

I've been a tad busy with my new job and all, and without much to do in the encounter, I may be been more neglecting to post than perhaps I should have.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2015, 10:14:48 am »

Vic hasn't really had a reason to team up with anyone yet; her character goal didn't really require anyone's help. Not sure what she's going to do once she finds out her quarry ate it, though. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2015, 10:21:29 am »

Right now, Sal isn't in much need of help, since he's just going to talk to a retired Imperial and inevitably end up getting angry and shooting him in the face. He'd be willing to work with the other three if he had much of a reason, though.

Wonder what the chances of meeting those bandits again are? Probably pretty high, because wuxia. :)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2015, 10:22:55 am »

Vic hasn't really had a reason to team up with anyone yet; her character goal didn't really require anyone's help. Not sure what she's going to do once she finds out her quarry ate it, though. :P

To JFK style magic bullet, no less. :P

But it wasn't a completely random thing. It happened for a reason! Mostly because Sal rolled a critical fail and, 'other things'.

The OP is slowly being updated, so you'll note some minor changes there...hint, hint...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2015, 09:06:31 am »

This seems like an interesting setting and game, shame I missed when this started. I can't help but to love HB's character - so delightfully odd, as always.

Also;
I have this weird feeling I'm not going to get in. Looking at Harry's sheet, and everybody else's, my cowboy seems kind of boring.

Let me tell you something of the art of Not-FCFS, good sir.

First of all, you take a gander at all the sheets and compile them, and pick out however many of your regulars you want in the game and have produced an okay sheet. Then pick out one or two sheets based on quality. Finally, pick out one person you haven't had in your games before to assuage fears that you're being overly nepotistic with your picks and freshen up the roster a little. And then you're done!

I laughed. A lot. I can't believe you'd just reveal the dark, unspoken secrets of Not-FCFSing like this, jeez.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2015, 10:51:30 am »

Now who's gonna get left behind because they didn't post in time? :P

I know gilg is super busy, and Tiru is on the other side of eternity, so I will move things on...I will accept timey-wimey posts if you want to join the group after they have already moved on, to an extent.

Also, surprised only one person has thought to take one of the horses...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2015, 10:58:03 am »

Huh. I was under the impression they were mechanical horses and part of the cart in the same way the wheels are part of a car.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2015, 11:08:24 am »

I believe I said at least one of the horses was mechanical. The rest were biotics. And even the steam-horse is sort of alive, in a way-they use the engines for powers, and the horses for steering, generally. Most of the stuff in this world is a mix of steampunk and old western tech.

Welcome to whacky land. Population, you. :P

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2015, 05:38:47 pm »

Biotics? I didn't realise the horses were also gods.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2015, 05:45:23 pm »

Sometimes you have to reach for the right word. :P

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2015, 05:50:48 pm »

I'm kinda unsure now where everyone is. Did everyoen follow Miss B, Hunter, or are a few people at the carriage or...?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2015, 05:55:35 pm »

Sal, Jade and Vic all rode off looking the nearest road to the Sevenfork. They are in the future.

Hiraya and Wen-Li are currently in the past, where they either chose to follow the group-and thus are with the above team, or they chose not to join the group, creating a temporal paradox and destroying the universe.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2015, 05:56:35 pm »

Vic, Sal, and Jade are going an alternate route to the city. You and Tir are either at the carriage or with us, whichever you want.

GM ninja

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2015, 06:03:52 pm »

*raises hands and blasts sercon out of existence*

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17