Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [W40k] Rogue Trader Test Combat: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (PbP)  (Read 11954 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [W40k] Rogue Trader Test Combat: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (PbP)
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2015, 08:33:24 pm »

10 out of 1d10. You wanted insanity, it seems you got it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2015, 06:28:09 pm »

Twin, did you manage to check those books? I can get the map finished tonight or tomorrow's evening in case everyone's ready, so there's that.

As for anyone who might want to join the roll20 campaign, the crew is almost full but we could still do with a Navigator, Seneschal or augur-focused Void-master. Sessions occur at Sundays 10:00PM GMT -3 and applications are less likely to pass since we're pretty well-supplied with players at the moment.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2015, 06:32:10 pm »

If background doesn't really matter, I should be good. Just got to look up a 40k name generator, really.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2015, 01:46:47 pm »

Scratch that. At this point it's less anything to do with the system or character more loss of interest, and I sincerely apologize if I've slowed the game down any.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2015, 02:57:17 pm »

No worries. To be honest, I've also lost some interest but I still intend to draft the map and run with it.
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2015, 07:19:50 am »

I am still looking forward to some training ship combat. Caellath, could you get the map and stuff ready soon so that we could start and get more prepared should ship combat happen this or next session in Wrex's campaign? Even if simplified, without much story to it, or something. Just to get the hang of it.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2015, 11:37:03 am »

I am still looking forward to some training ship combat. Caellath, could you get the map and stuff ready soon so that we could start and get more prepared should ship combat happen this or next session in Wrex's campaign? Even if simplified, without much story to it, or something. Just to get the hang of it.
+1. I'm sure we'll hit ship combat eventually and the practice will help.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2015, 12:33:17 pm »

Hey, I'd have get us started today had I not woken up three hours after what I had planned. And the backstory was already introduced, that's all that was to it.

And at least it'll be an interesting background experience for your characters in the roll20 campaign.
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2015, 08:41:43 am »

Any updates? Just slap things on, and let's get some naval combat. As the saying goes, the first pancake of a batch is always a mess; refinement and complex tactical fights can come later.
Don't give up on this, please.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2015, 10:17:20 am »

Spoiler: MAP; SHIP AT A9 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 03:35:11 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2015, 03:51:19 pm »

Strange Waters
Turn 0

Though the Bounty of Scintilla is the one gone hunting, a tense silence slowly takes over the bridge as the transport vessel moves away from the safety of Port Wander's patrolled area and heads towards an area occasionally used by ships preparing to jump towards Scintilla, the Calixis Sector's capital world. All drawn to this endeavor know far too well that there are times when the prey emerges victorious, but the quality of the ship they bet their lives on is a source of relief to many. Several hours pass by and several more would still be ahead were the Bounty to actually make the jump... Which is not their intention, of course.

There is nothing but the void ahead of the Bounty of Scintilla, hundreds of thousands of kilometers without celestial phenomena nor any odd asteroid. As the reliable vessel continues to plod forward and through the emptiness at half-speed, the Lord-Captain narrows his eyes and leans forward in his command throne. "Initiate standard augur procedures; I want to find them before they strike at us." The etherics personnel nod and start to work on their consoles.

Spoiler: Advised Actions (click to show/hide)

Crew:

Spoiler: OOC Notes (click to show/hide)
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2015, 08:02:31 pm »

((Since we don't seem to have any augur masters...))

Maxwell Jordan fiddled with a nearby workstation and began hunting for any suspicious signals.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2015, 10:20:11 pm »

((Can I make a Tech-Use test to temporarily improve the augur sensors and the Ship's Detection?))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2015, 10:27:41 pm »

Spoiler: Answer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:44:34 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2015, 10:54:57 pm »

Echo makes various rites and litanies in Binary, rapidly beeping and buzzing. Tenderly applying sacred unguents and ordering the servitors to spread incense, Echo Jace aids the Machine Spirit, that its augur arrays might find the foe.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8