Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: [W40k] Rogue Trader Test Combat: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (PbP)  (Read 11948 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: [W40k] Rogue Trader Test Combat: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (PbP)
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2015, 05:44:26 am »

@Caellath Well, I wanted to let someone else have a stab here at piloting the warship, but since Cheesecake is taking tech-priest (I had in mind either that or tech-minded Void-Master), I'll go ahead and take the pilot seat with the campaign character.

@Sirus From what I saw, Wrex is a very nice and reasonable GM. Just bring it up to him, try to explain the situation and state your reasoning for that out-of-the-road pick, and hopefully it'd be okay. He allowed me to swap in the Hand of War instead of Calamity because it fit thematically (worked either way for me, but was somewhat better for RP reasons), so I hope it shouldn't be a problem for your character either.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2015, 10:44:39 am »

Nik, where did you get Talented (Pilot: Spacecraft) from? In case it was from repeated Skills during chargen, you don't get the Talented talent, but instead your skill rises to +10.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2015, 11:07:12 am »

I got Hatred (Eldar) and Peer (Military) talents twice. Thus Talented (Command)&(Pilot:Spacecraft).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2015, 11:33:41 am »

I see now. I had noticed the repeated Hatred, but not the Peer instance.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2015, 12:52:16 am »

Hopefully this is done right. I don't know what to spend my experience on either. Maybe on Mechadendrite Use?

Bought Int, S, and T advances. Also bought Tech-Use+10.

I got Cortex Implants and Calculus Logi Implants, for even more brainpower. I spent the 200xp on upgrading the Cortex Implants into Good-Craftsmanship. I also get yet another 1d10 Insanity Points!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:45:16 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2015, 12:59:18 am »

Wounds 2 out of 1d5, Fate 5 out of 1d10. As for experience, the starting points are usually either blown on Into the Storm's alternative origin path options or on characteristic advances. Intelligence advances in your case, for example.
>Yes?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2015, 01:02:31 am »

Caell. should I roll the d100 for the heirloom, or should you?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2015, 04:14:46 am »

I spent my xp.

Starting Wounds: Forge world characters double their
starting Toughness Bonus and add 1d5+1 to the result to
determine their starting number of Wounds.

So, if the roll was 2, then I add 1 and 8 for my toughness bonus doubled? So would my wounds be 11? Also, I need to have my Insanity points rolled. (1d5+1 insanity points and another 1d5 insanity points.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2015, 07:16:21 am »

Alright, I can't find the motivation to finish up the character sheet and it seems this will start soon, so you may as well try to find another player if you need one. Sorry.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2015, 08:41:36 am »

@zomara: 89.

@Cheesecake: Yes (2+1+8). 10 IP. And you can't purchase Tech-Use +10; it's from Rank 2 and you don't have enough experience to purchase advances from there. You also get two free common craftsmanship bionics (Special Abilities section of the core book, chapter 2).
>Yes?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2015, 09:43:09 am »

Ah, thanks. I'll update my sheet tomorrow.
Dying of laughter?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2015, 10:44:01 am »

Alright, I can't find the motivation to finish up the character sheet and it seems this will start soon, so you may as well try to find another player if you need one. Sorry.
Ask Caellath to gen one up for you?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2015, 11:00:28 am »

He did, but the rulebook stuff that was sent is laid out extremely confusingly and I can't even open half of it, so I don't know what that character can actually do or really near anything about the system, and I can't think of a backstory or anything.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2015, 02:08:01 pm »

You just need the "Rogue Trader" book and I'm not really asking for backstories here.
>Yes?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2015, 06:35:52 am »

I think I'm finally done. Just need even more Insanity Points for the Mad Scientist.
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8