Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: The Forest: A IC Thread  (Read 7496 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
The Forest: A IC Thread
« on: August 02, 2015, 11:32:11 pm »

Erica Kent
You wake up sleeping against a stone pillar. You appear to be in a clearing of some sort. All around you a thick forest spreads out, mist edging its way into your clearing. Above you a full moon shines down.

Dick Richards:
You awaken in a pile of leaves. You seem to be a dark forest. Some distance away you can hearing a babbling brook and can barely make out a ruined bridge going over it. In the distance a wolf howls.

OOC Thread
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:22:20 am by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: The Forest: A IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 11:45:04 pm »

Dick looks around, he squints in confusion before sighing and doing the first thing any survivalist would do. He goes and heads towards the brook.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 12:17:12 am »

Dick looks around, he squints in confusion before sighing and doing the first thing any survivalist would do. He goes and heads towards the brook.
Its a normal brook, small fish swim in it. About 25 feet down a white stone bridge crosses the creek, vines and creepers hanging off it.

Lachlan McTravis
You wake up on a flat stone. Around you is a ruin of some sort, broken pillars and cracked cobblestone the only indictator that a building was once here. Around you left wrist is a little braided twig bracelet.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 12:23:07 am »

Dick starts searching for some large rocks to make a fire pit since he's got some nearby water now.
"Man, I lucked out in terms of waking up in an odd forest with no prior knowledge of how I got here."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 12:26:30 am »

Erica sits still for a moment, wondering where her bed and soft covers and reading light and phone (currently viewing page 2 of 5 of A Dance of Ivy and Fire, which she most certainly could not let get seen by her parents) and house were.

She hesitantly stands up, noticing the book left next to her.
"Is that..."
Picking it up, she thumbs to the inside page - and looks at the map of Eragon's universe, with her 'Property of Erica Kent' note in the desert area.
"It is. But why the heck is my copy of Eragon with me? Where even am I...?"

Looking around and noticing the pillar she slept against, Erica slowly walks around the base to see what's behind it.
Black lives matter.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 12:27:59 am »

Dick starts searching for some large rocks to make a fire pit since he's got some nearby water now.
"Man, I lucked out in terms of waking up in an odd forest with no prior knowledge of how I got here."
On closer inspection it appears that the river bed and its banks are made up of flat pieces of granite, each perfectly slotted against one another.

Looking around and noticing the pillar she slept against, Erica slowly walks around the base to see what's behind it.
More clearing and then the forest. The pillar seems to be in the dead center of the clearing.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 12:30:06 am »

She looks up at the pillar next, half expecting it to be covered with vines and ivy.
"Why is this pillar all alone like this?"
Black lives matter.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 12:32:40 am »

She looks up at the pillar next, half expecting it to be covered with vines and ivy.
"Why is this pillar all alone like this?"
The pillar is a pure white metal cut to look like a Corinthian Column.
The pillar says nothing to answer her question, its silent vigil unbroken.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 12:34:38 am »

"What the heck..."

Erica gently, very gently, raps her knuckle on its surface.
Black lives matter.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 12:37:06 am »

"What the heck..."

Erica gently, very gently, raps her knuckle on its surface.
Its solid, that much she can tell. It also is room temperature, though its cold and misty.
Speaking of the mist, its starting to creep closer and closer to the center of the clearing.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 12:41:25 am »

Erica slowly sidles over to the mist and gently sticks her foot into it.
She was grateful that she wasn't in her underwear, at least, but also a little nervous that someone had clothed her without her being awake.
Black lives matter.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 12:50:22 am »

Erica slowly sidles over to the mist and gently sticks her foot into it.
She was grateful that she wasn't in her underwear, at least, but also a little nervous that someone had clothed her without her being awake.
The mist is just regular mist.
At the edge of the tree line Erica sees a dark, humanoid shape. It appears to be standing still, looking at her. Suddenly the night seems a little darker.

Gerald Yurovish
You wake up in a shallow hole. Someone seems to have thrown a few shovelfuls of dirt onto your chest. Right above your head someone has marked this hole with a small stone, cross inside a circle is scratched onto it.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 01:01:47 am »

Lachlan stands up slowly but silently, examining his surroundings and the bracelet in more detail.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 01:09:35 am »

Lachlan stands up slowly but silently, examining his surroundings and the bracelet in more detail.
You seem to be on a heavily forest hill, raising high above the woods around you. The trees continue on as far as your eyes can see in every direction, a sea of green only broken by the occasional clearing or over grown ruin. To your west is another hill with a small, wooden fort on it. No smoke comes from the structure. Far, far to the north you can see the faintest hint of smoke. In the distance a wolf pack starts to howl, and is answered by a guttural roar about half a mile to the east.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 01:11:37 am »

((Posted my puny human character on OOC.))
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8